Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I don't know what a mozzie is (mosquito?) but I would def. stay away from the stuff in that case.
    Sorry about that, yes it does mean mosquito. Ok thank you

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great info!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyberry7 View Post
    Hey Atomic - I'm having trouble getting my recommended dosage of potassium in on the girl diet. At the end of last week (first week on the diet), it felt like I was having chest pains and my heart seemed like it was acting up (not good!). How do the girl swayers get enough potassium if bananas and potassium-rich foods are no-nos??? I ended up resorting to my regular meals (though w/smaller portions and not eating in between) over the weekend because I felt like I was harming myself! Was also trying to eat handfuls of raisins as they have quite a bit of potassium.
    Just an update, in the Dream Members section I wrote a thread called, "Quick fixes for diet disasters" that has a lot of easy options for pink swayers in dire need of potassium.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think you should add losing too much weight to that list too

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great list! Thanks!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nice to see these warnings on here to make everyone aware of the safety issues involved with swaying. Hurray!

The pharmacist in me is purring happily right now.

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This thread helped alot.
    2006, 2009, twin 2010, 2012, 2013
    We are still trying for our little so little swim as fast as you can.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused

I'm pretty nervous about taking supplements after reading about all of the scary side effects. I also think that if I took them, I'd be horrible about timing my weaning off of those products. Do you think diet would be sufficient enough? I know this thread is dated, but I'm just starting my sway research now.

DH and I want to ttc in mid-August, after we get back from our vacation. We go with my family to the Jersey Shore (not THAT Jersey Shore, lol) every year. I know you recommend no shellfish, but it's basically unavoidable that week and it does come straight from the ocean as local fare, so would that be okay?

Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to diet properly while my family is around without them being suspicious of me eating low everything. Does that make sense?
    Last edited by Maraschinoli; April 21st, 2013 at 10:12 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I personally think diet sways WAY harder than supps do anyway.

Just so people are aware, ~I~ don't advise many of these supps, they're things that are taken or recommended by other sites and I just mean this essay as a clearinghouse for as many warnings as I can cram in there haha.

while for the sake of safety I think it's best to avoid shellfish when TTC, generally I allow it once in a while for TTC pink. In fact that's my preferred cheat. Is it perfectly safe when TTC, not really. But still, tons of people have eaten it and gone onto conceive happy healthy babies. I think it's pretty important to make sure you're only eating cooked shellfish from reputable sources, rather than like raw oysters collected durign a red tide by "the Situation" and stored in the trunk of a car for 7 hours before eating LOL.

With the family around, you have to do the doable and let go of the rest. There are some threads around that discuss this or you could start a new one for everyone to chime in, but real quick you can say you have a food allergy and are on a special diet, say you have an upset stomach and need bland foods, go vegetarian (some families take this better than others!!). Or you can just try to arrange things so that people don't notice what you're eating - get up early and say you already had breakfast, you and your husband go out for a romantic lunch/dinner while the family barbeques, fill up your plate with vegetarian options and not as much meat and then don't eat the meat.

One thing that I think really helps is dropping the sodium restriction. I really, really do not believe sodium even sways (may even sway pink if you eat a lot of it), I keep it in the mix because people want it and it's generally believed good for health. I got my DD on LE Diet without sodium restriction after getting DS 4 while restricting sodiu.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In regards to alcohol for pink sway, does it have to be a certain type? I thought I read earlier that wine & beer sway blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast