Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I see why you say that about the EW. But we also use EW when we just DTD so I don't see why is that a problem.Or is that manipulating too? But I read in 1 of your post that EWCM is the best to use if we need any.

And I only learned form IG (not the best place I guess huh) that diva cup if for ttc pink. Because it's deeper and yeah IC is closer to the cervix.
    Maybe we should have lot's of EWCM from the sups but not all of us do. Like I don't have much this last months and no clue why...so I have to use some EWCM for sure.

If you push the IC all the way down it's not so small at all so yeah man can do it right in the cup.
    I did not say your post is silly. i just think it is who ever came up with that idea...
    But I did use the IC a lot when I was doing msu and it never spilled out . (because you can lay down with msu)but no clue with AF because I never tried.
    Yeah you have to be very careful when you insert it so you don't spill.Not so easy...
    Anyway I just don't see a big sperm loss with TBM. I think it's a way lot better then msu to keep sperm count for sure.
    Also I don't know if pH sway or not I just see that lot's of woman who got boy says they have higher pH . So I want higher pH too. But I don't mind anymore if it's not 8 for sure.
    thanks for help!
    Last edited by Flava; August 21st, 2011 at 10:09 PM.
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is totally manipulating the pH to use EW, Preseed, douching, whatever. Manipulating kind of sounds negative but all I meant was that you're changing the pH of the stuff before you insert it. My thinking is, when you put the EW in and you're DTD the old fashioned way, it will spread throughout the VJ and not be so concentrated, plus the low pH of the vaginal secretions kind of help to keep the pH of the EW reasonable. I'm not convinced that if pH of 10 kills sperm (which I have read repeatedly on IG), that pH of 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, even down to 9, is going to be very good for sperm at all either. That does not make sense to me and does not seem to mesh with how the body works - I would expect to see less survivability as the pH neared 10, not some magic point before which Y sperm are thriving and right after that they all die. So when you put the sperm into an IC and then add EW on top, it's like the sperm can't escape so they get a big blast of pH that may be higher than what is optimal for their survival.

That having been said, semen is pretty good at protecting them and neither EW or semen mix very easily, so I tend to think that when people do TBM for blue, the EW stays separate from the semen and so I think that TBM with EW is safer for sperm than TBM with lime is. Not to go into too much detail but I tested this on a sample my DH gave me and the two did not seem to mix, and that is similar to the advice given on IG, to put the EW on top. Whereas TBM for a girl with the lime, they really do mix the two together and so for sure they kill off a good number of sperm (but of course that's what they want.) I guess my point is, TBM is not accomplishing anything different than regular BD with EW, EWCM, or Preseed does, (buffering sperm from vaginal secretions with EW) would and I really do think that at least some sperm are lost in the process.

Anyway, I edited my essay to put in the info that the Instead cup is prob. better for blue and I thank you very much for calling my attention to that.

I do agree that increasing your pH can help sway blue and it's a good goal for blue swayers, but, just because it can help sway blue does not necessarily mean that Y sperm love sky high pH (I'm going to describe this again for anyone who has not seen it before so it is in this thread too...flava I know you know my opinion on this already and I'm sorry for hijacking your question). Anyway, X and Y sperm preferring drastically different pH levels is only an unproved theory. All sperm prefer and thrive in pH in the 7's and die in BOTH high and low pH, so I find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea that sperm of either gender could "love" pH that is very far out from the pH that ensures their survival.

Another theoretical interpretation that explains pH swaying would be, that since everything that raises sperm count/sperm numbers seems to sway blue, and everything that lowers it seems to sway pink, it may be numbers of sperm all together that sway for a particular gender. More sperm at the egg = more boys, less sperm = more girls (and this could be due to the slight size difference between X and Y sperm and no other reason). So in that scenario, the way pH would sway is that high pH of EW, EWCM, semen, and Preseed helps protect maximum numbers of sperm from the harshness of the vaginal secretions (which are very low, in the 4's) and makes it so more sperm stay alive to make it into the shelter of the cervix and onto fertilize the egg. If this idea is true, then anything you do to reduce sperm numbers would hurt your sway.

For pink swayers, the opposite would be true and they want to minimize sperm numbers while still leaving enough to make it through the CM and to fertilize the egg (it takes more than one sperm to fertilize an egg.) So when they lower the pH, they are killing off more sperm than they would be otherwise and leaving fewer to go onto the egg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is totally manipulating the pH to use EW, Preseed, douching, whatever. Manipulating kind of sounds negative but all I meant was that you're changing the pH of the stuff before you insert it. My thinking is, when you put the EW in and you're DTD the old fashioned way, it will spread throughout the VJ and not be so concentrated, plus the low pH of the vaginal secretions kind of help to keep the pH of the EW reasonable. I'm not convinced that if pH of 10 kills sperm (which I have read repeatedly on IG), that pH of 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, even down to 9, is going to be very good for sperm at all either. That does not make sense to me and does not seem to mesh with how the body works - I would expect to see less survivability as the pH neared 10, not some magic point before which Y sperm are thriving and right after that they all die. So when you put the sperm into an IC and then add EW on top, it's like the sperm can't escape so they get a big blast of pH that may be higher than what is optimal for their survival.

That having been said, semen is pretty good at protecting them and neither EW or semen mix very easily, so I tend to think that when people do TBM for blue, the EW stays separate from the semen and so I think that TBM with EW is safer for sperm than TBM with lime is. Not to go into too much detail but I tested this on a sample my DH gave me and the two did not seem to mix, and that is similar to the advice given on IG, to put the EW on top. Whereas TBM for a girl with the lime, they really do mix the two together and so for sure they kill off a good number of sperm (but of course that's what they want.) I guess my point is, TBM is not accomplishing anything different than regular BD with EW, EWCM, or Preseed does, (buffering sperm from vaginal secretions with EW) would and I really do think that at least some sperm are lost in the process.

Anyway, I edited my essay to put in the info that the Instead cup is prob. better for blue and I thank you very much for calling my attention to that.

I do agree that increasing your pH can help sway blue and it's a good goal for blue swayers, but, just because it can help sway blue does not necessarily mean that Y sperm love sky high pH (I'm going to describe this again for anyone who has not seen it before so it is in this thread too...flava I know you know my opinion on this already and I'm sorry for hijacking your question). Anyway, X and Y sperm preferring drastically different pH levels is only an unproved theory. All sperm prefer and thrive in pH in the 7's and die in BOTH high and low pH, so I find it hard to wrap my mind around the idea that sperm of either gender could "love" pH that is very far out from the pH that ensures their survival.

Another theoretical interpretation that explains pH swaying would be, that since everything that raises sperm count/sperm numbers seems to sway blue, and everything that lowers it seems to sway pink, it may be numbers of sperm all together that sway for a particular gender. More sperm at the egg = more boys, less sperm = more girls (and this could be due to the slight size difference between X and Y sperm and no other reason). So in that scenario, the way pH would sway is that high pH of EW, EWCM, semen, and Preseed helps protect maximum numbers of sperm from the harshness of the vaginal secretions (which are very low, in the 4's) and makes it so more sperm stay alive to make it into the shelter of the cervix and onto fertilize the egg. If this idea is true, then anything you do to reduce sperm numbers would hurt your sway.

For pink swayers, the opposite would be true and they want to minimize sperm numbers while still leaving enough to make it through the CM and to fertilize the egg (it takes more than one sperm to fertilize an egg.) So when they lower the pH, they are killing off more sperm than they would be otherwise and leaving fewer to go onto the egg.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You are so right ! No way I believe this 9.9 is all ok and the bummm on 10 all die.
    Also the lime thing sound so scary I would think it will kill them all. I know some did get a girl like that on IG Im just happy I don't sway pink I guess lol.
    I don't really believe that x and y sperm prefer different pH . It's just mine was always low(like 4.5) and have 4 girls ....that's why.
    But now I have 6.4 and this month was 7 so Im all happy with that!
    For me if we do TBM or not Im not sure well see what DH is up for lol. But I want to try more then once so it will be regular BD too that's for sure.
    OMG it's next cycle wish me luck please Im so scared!
    And ty for help!
    +1

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Good luck and I am sending regular doses of blue dust your way!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    You are so right ! No way I believe this 9.9 is all ok and the bummm on 10 all die.
    Also the lime thing sound so scary I would think it will kill them all. I know some did get a girl like that on IG Im just happy I don't sway pink I guess lol.
    I don't really believe that x and y sperm prefer different pH . It's just mine was always low(like 4.5) and have 4 girls ....that's why.
    But now I have 6.4 and this month was 7 so Im all happy with that!
    For me if we do TBM or not Im not sure well see what DH is up for lol. But I want to try more then once so it will be regular BD too that's for sure.
    OMG it's next cycle wish me luck please Im so scared!
    And ty for help!
    7...awesome! That is where I was before the diet change and that was on the same diet I ate with my boys
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I just commented to someone this morn that was struggling with FR so I recommended this method that ironically my BFF's sister did. My BFF had sex with her hubby and then he pulled out and ejaculated into a clean cup, then they sucked it up with a syringe and inserted it into BFF's sister. LOL it worked the one time if I remember right!
    They did it because there was a problem with the sister's hubby's sperm!

I think it's a great idea if FR BD is too much!
    Age 7 5 MC May 2012 BFP June 2012 My ~*Princess*~ is now 3 yrs old! MC May 2015 Chemical June 2015
    DS#3 Arrived in April
    I love my Rainbow Baby with all my , She took a year to conceive! Thank you GD!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can I ask a dumb question....I am gonna try a combo of normal and TBM this month. I have a ladycup that I use for AF (same as a diva cup) and it is small in circumference and I guess slightly deep, but if you lay down it will get the spermies right up there. I have some IC's and they are HUGE....I have no idea how they get anything up close to your cervix? At O time my cervix is that high that I can hardly reach it!! Am I doing something wrong with the IC?
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PoP, the prob. I have with the Instead cup for blue is that you lose so much sperm trying to put the d@mn thing in there that you end up with less sperm than if you had just DTD naturally and laid flat afterwards. This seems to happen whether you have DH ejaculate into the cup and then insert it, or try to do it after the fact. I tried it several times both ways just for information, and I found I lost a lot of sperm/semen in either case. Plus, I also have the same prob. around O where my cervix is super high, and a couple times I really felt like I couldn't get it back out.

I think it's your best bet just to lay flat or prop hips slightly after O for 15-30 min, for blue.

I hope some other people will chime in with their experiences with IC!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't used a cup, but if i just think about it, i would assume you would be blocking access for some of the sperm left on the outer side of the cup?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast