Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cramps During The 2WW & NOT Pregnant

Anyone else have cramping during their full 2ww?

t seems that for the last 3-4 months I've had mild cramping my entire 2ww. Obviously I haven't got a BFP yet - this month was our 2nd 'try' - and now I'm starting to worry something is wrong as my two boys were conceived first month.

I've never had cramping in the 2ww unless I was pregnant so this is something new for me. I'm starting to wonder if my progesterone could be low or something like that causing the cramping and super short luteal phase that I had this past cycle

Anyone else have the cramping and still get a BFP? Should I be concerned? Does the LE diet mess with your hormones if your loosing a lot of weight?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I had cramping on and off with my second son at 7 ,9, 10 dpo before I got my bfp. I'm not sure about whether or not cramping can determine if you have low progesterone. I would think that af symptoms are generally produced by progesterone so cramping may suggest your progesterone levels are fine. Now if you have a short lutuel phase (not just one month) than maybe you have a progesterone efficiency.

In my experience this is my seventh month on the diet and I have a bmi of 16.9 and my estrogen levels seem to have been effected( I have had low estrogen diagnosed in the past) meaning I wasn't eating enough fat. I knew to get it checked our when my period became light and short, that was my ticker. So even though I am still ovulating, I may not be producing enough estrogen to build a lining for proper implantation. The past month I have upped my fat a bit and hope that my estrogen can increase enough to allow implantation. So in short, yes the le diet can effect your hormone levels if you started out at a lower weight than others. Others may not effect as drastically be side they have wiggle room versus others like me don't. I don't know where you stand in Terms of bmi and do realize that everyone's body is different and may not be effected the same way. Sorry for the long story I just wanted to help in anyway since no one had replied. Good luck and I hope everything works out!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktiguewantspink View Post
    I know I had cramping on and off with my second son at 7 ,9, 10 dpo before I got my bfp. I'm not sure about whether or not cramping can determine if you have low progesterone. I would think that af symptoms are generally produced by progesterone so cramping may suggest your progesterone levels are fine. Now if you have a short lutuel phase (not just one month) than maybe you have a progesterone efficiency.

In my experience this is my seventh month on the diet and I have a bmi of 16.9 and my estrogen levels seem to have been effected( I have had low estrogen diagnosed in the past) meaning I wasn't eating enough fat. I knew to get it checked our when my period became light and short, that was my ticker. So even though I am still ovulating, I may not be producing enough estrogen to build a lining for proper implantation. The past month I have upped my fat a bit and hope that my estrogen can increase enough to allow implantation. So in short, yes the le diet can effect your hormone levels if you started out at a lower weight than others. Others may not effect as drastically be side they have wiggle room versus others like me don't. I don't know where you stand in Terms of bmi and do realize that everyone's body is different and may not be effected the same way. Sorry for the long story I just wanted to help in anyway since no one had replied. Good luck and I hope everything works out!!
    Interesting to hear - I have no idea what any of my hormone levels are like and I'm thinking of going to the doctor and asking for some bloodwork because I've also been having dizzy spells the day I get my period (that started before I started LE though.. when I stopped BF'ing) I started out the LE with a 16.7 BMI and last month was right at 15.9BMI which is why I think O and my luteal phase got messed up. I've basically stopped the diet all together because at this point I just want a baby regardless of gender and I need to be healthy to have a shot at getting pregnant

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by MSBLAKELY View Post
    Interesting to hear - I have no idea what any of my hormone levels are like and I'm thinking of going to the doctor and asking for some bloodwork because I've also been having dizzy spells the day I get my period (that started before I started LE though.. when I stopped BF'ing) I started out the LE with a 16.7 BMI and last month was right at 15.9BMI which is why I think O and my luteal phase got messed up. I've basically stopped the diet all together because at this point I just want a baby regardless of gender and I need to be healthy to have a shot at getting pregnant
    Sounds like you have a plan, I am giving it one more month and than going for bloodwork as well! I don't want to waste any more time if I have hormonal issues I don't know about. I agree with the diet and maybe letting it go. I am having trouble letting it go but I know it's for the best. I am 10 dpo today and like usual I feel pregnant but I always end up with the bfn. It's starting to get depressing. I hope you figure it all out and good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get cramping in the 2ww

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump - anyone else?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get cramps in tww but the cramps the cycle I got pregnant were feeling like really bad period cramps so they were different than normal cramps for me... When is your testing day?
    ( 2004) ( 2006) (2011 )

Aug 27th 2013

Make a pregnancy ticker

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always get cramps in the 2WW, too. I wonder if it's the fallopian tubes contracting to help the embryo (if there is one) float into the uterus. I get them whether I'm pg or not, and whether I'm TTC or not. But I'm much more AWARE of the cramps if I'm TTC, so I think that makes them seem stronger.
    Hah, I'm having them right now, as I type this.
    our perfect family:

(8) (5) (almost one)

thank you to atomic for helping make my dreams come true

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This month I got really bad cramps 5 and 6dpo, i had to take painkillers and I got a BFP. Looking back at my chart in April when I got pregnant also, I had the same O Pains on the same days!!!!
    14 13 12 9 8 5 2
    !!MY MAGNIFICENT SEVEN!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm only on CD5 so I already got AF and waiting for O. I've just wondered if it was normal to have them because I don't remember having them before the last few months. I was wondering if it was a symptoms of a potential problem - I'm a total worrier so 1 BFN cycle in my head starts to make me think somethings wrong.. silly I know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast