Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused HELP! What does AF-O mean?

Updated 12-8-17

AF-O means from Aunt Flo (CD Cycle Day 1, the first day of your period - not spotting but bright red flow) through ovulation (usually CD 14, generally speaking it's the day after positive OPK).

UPDATE: While I'm leaving the directions in this post as is because I know in my gut some people are still going to want to use them, I must stress very strongly to everyone that literally ALL the supplements I mention in this thread have NOT WORKED and flaxseed is not even safe so I would heartily suggest avoiding every single one of them!!

For pink - vitex, saw palmetto, peppermint tea, and licorice root for DH have NOT WORKED
    For blue - EPO has not worked and may be making opposites; flaxseed has not worked, may be making opposites, and has been fully shown to my satisfaction to be unsafe when pregnant and possibly when TTC. In Scandinavia flaxseed is very popular and it goes under the name "linseed". AVOID flaxseed in anything more than occasional dietary amounts, do NOT take flaxseed or linseed oil as a supplement when swaying. And NEVER EVER EVER eat more than the barest minimum of flaxseed or take flaxseed/linseed oil when pregnant! It may cause developmental delays, it may cause malformation in the genitals of boy babies, it may cause premature labor, and since it is a blood thinner it can cause or contribute to miscarriage and subchorionic hemorrhage. NO FLAXSEED

It's a bit more complicated than that however, because the hormonal supps vitex, saw palmetto, peppermint tea for pink; evening primrose oil and flaxseed for blue, are best stopped the DAY BEFORE ovulation and even then it may take a few days to O after stopping them. If you are doing OPK, you should stop the hormonal supps the day of your positive OPK (if you haven't taken them that day, don't; if you have, don't worry about it, just don't take them the next day.)'

Do not worry that because you have stopped taking these things prior to ovulation, that they are no longer working for you. The hormonal effects of the herbs are long lasting and continue even after you stop.

So, for all intents and purposes, when you read AF-O and you're talking about when to take supplements, it generally means that you start the supplement the first day of your period, CD 1, the first day of bright red spotting, and continue until the day before you EXPECT to ovulate OR the day of your first positive OPK, whichever comes first.

AF-O is really just a kind of a handy abbreviation for all that!!

PS - if you are having your husband use licorice root, it is IMPERATIVE that you have him stop on CD 14 and NOT ovulation day. Licorice root is the most dangerous supplement we use and he needs a nice long break from it every month. Occasionally we mistakently refer to LR as going from AF-O when we really ought to say CD 1-14 so just wanted to state that clearly! Don't worry, the effects will stay in his system for a while, even when he is not using it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 8th, 2017 at 07:06 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So...if epo is for cm, won't it sort of defeat the purpose to not have it on board for the attempt? Also, is it strong enough to delay ov a few days if you keep taking it waiting on + opk? My cycles have been getting longer (21 then 24 then 25 then 29...and that was before adding epo) so it's going to be tough predicting ov. Don't want to stop epo too early or too late. Geez this is hard lol...I know I way over think things sometimes :-\

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, it doesn't work that way. The EPO works by providing your body with raw materials and hormonal "encouragement" to make estrogen, which in turn makes more EWCM. That doesn't stop happening when you stop the EPO, the raw materials are IN your body at that point and the production line has started a-going and those things don't just suddenly stop when the EPO is stopped.

Remember, not a light switch, it's a radio dial http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooooh awesome! Thank you that makes me feel so much better! I was afraid it was like a daily reaction our result from epo. And I have noticed I still have more cm in general even after not taking any since Mon morning (about 48 hrs ago). Thk u so much again and again :-)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    People think that about the fertile CM, arginine, carnitine, gelatin drinks, epo, flaxseed, red rasp. leaf tea for blue; and for pink, vitex, saw palmetto, peppermint tea, lr, as well but ALL the hormonal supps are long lasting and stay in your system for a while after you're done with them. Plus, any supp/diet aspect that provides your body with those raw materials for making the hormones (fats, cholesterol, and the proteins that build muscle) keep working for you even when you don't use them.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I read the essays and I feel sooo much better. My brain knows these things as I have read quite a but on the forums but my heart need reminding :-) thank you thank you thank you

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I totally understand that! Good luck!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bumping updated thread

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hey, just updated this with a pretty important message about flaxseed and some other stuff.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump