Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to switch to the alternate form of the LE Diet and you can find that here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html Both for the sake of your fertility and your sway, if you gain weight on LE Diet that indicates you have trouble with your insulin response and need to change your diet around or risk messing up your sway.

you will up protein and fat somewhat and switch to better sources of carbs and the weight will come back off again.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So do I read it correctly that I have to up my magnesium, whole grains (buckwheat), fiber, cinnamon and do lots of cardio and cut out sugar and coffee? Is any coffee allowed at all? Calories still 1800?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No. Those are more just general tips for those with PCOS and not what I would recommend for you (or for 99% of other swayers).

Did you look at the diet itself? There are a couple alternate diets further down, not that first post but the subsequent ones.

Continue with coffee. you don't need magnesium or cinnamon, you don't have full blown PCOS! Yes, fiber if you weren't taking it although the alternate diets have additional dietary fiber so you won't need to increase that.

The main differences in diet are these:

Same cal intake
    Up fat and protein to 50-60 g (this will in effect cut carbs without you having to count or even think about carbs)
    Whole grains only (fresh fruit and potatoes are still ok, and some people tolerate white rice and pasta, but start off without them and see how it goes.)
    Limit or cut out sugar totally
    Full fat dairy only, no skim
    Exercise, even just moderately, but be sure you're not gaining weight

4. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01, jayokan thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,
    I have been on the LE diet for 4 weeks ttc pink. We were going to bd on Oct 14th but my husband has only stopped taking vitamin D tablets so I thought it was probably best to wait until the next cycle? This would mean attempt on 11-11-19. The only thing is that I don't have any weight to lose. I am 5.7 & 9 stone. I am currently having 2 coffee's in the morning, my first meal at 1pm of pasta, veg & cheese with a glass of milk followed by a vegetarian dinner at 6pm with a glass or 2 of red. I drink about 4 cups of coffee daily. Would really appreciate your advice on whether to have an attempt on Oct 14th & if not how to add more food to my diet if waiting until Novenber 11th?
    Thanks so much Atomic.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Longer on diet (than 4-6 weeks) has proved to be better so if you can manage to wait, I'd definitely hold off.

You need to eat more! It's just that simple!! Eat whatever it takes to keep weight on. I would suggest adding in a 3rd meal. Both 2 and 3 meals are equally allowed on LE Diet, one isn't better than another. Just push back your first meal a bit (you do NOT need to go that long before eating, and you should not go longer than 16 hours fasting.

7. Likes Baby286 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You need to switch to the alternate form of the LE Diet and you can find that here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html Both for the sake of your fertility and your sway, if you gain weight on LE Diet that indicates you have trouble with your insulin response and need to change your diet around or risk messing up your sway.

you will up protein and fat somewhat and switch to better sources of carbs and the weight will come back off again.
    Hi atomic,

So I read through your essay above and made some food suggestions from what I usually eat/like. Let me know if it’s ok please

1 full fat yogurt a day?
    Carrot sticks or corn
    2 slices of bread
    2 cups of fruit or a banana
    One baked potato or whole-wheat pasta
    2 T hummus
    One whole egg
    1 piece of cheese
    2 chicken nuggets size chicken or 3 shrimps
    Low carb vegetables

So one yogurt and one egg per day is ok?

Also my thyroid levels were on a higher side recently (TSH around 3 vs usually 1), should that affect my diet at all? I’m not sure but I read that hypothyroidism can affect the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All foods are ok within limits. It is the limits that matter. Any of those things are fine and the combination (if it fits in the limits of the day) is also fine. I made the one diet primarily for those people who just could not manage to track nutrients on PCOS Diet since some people just can't handle that, but on the whole it's best to track if at all possible.

Yes, while we started off worrying about eggs over time it's become clear it's only limits that matter and I regularly have people eat eggs daily or nearly daily with PCOS.

The hypothyroid would be another indicator that you need this type of diet. Do talk to your OBGYN about that though as they may need to treat the thyroid differently while you're planning to TTC. Also ask them regarding iodine in prenatal because some people with thyroid issues can't have iodine in supplement form.

10. Thanks Thirdtimelucky01 thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic thank you for all your inputs, I've been reading them and although I am not swaying at the moment I'm just over all impressed!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234