Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not sure if this is the right place

If I've posted in the wrong area please just tell me where it belongs and I'll go post there.

Does anyone know, in a family where every generation through the male linage has 1 man that only has sons, is there any hope for the latest man in that family to conceive a girl through swaying?
    I have read that all men produce equal amounts of girl and boy sperm, but what about the families where they have 6, 7, 8 sons and no daughters?

In my husbands family as far back as he can remember there has been a man only having sons.
    His grandad was one of 6 boys, he had 3 boys, his middle son had 3 boys, (so DH Dads brother) and now we have 3 boys, and by the look of my 12 week scan a 4th on the way.

We had planned a 5th, but DH has changed his mind. I'm hoping he will change it back and we can try to sway, but what are the chances I'll just get my heart broken again?
    Can some men only have boys? I already look at my sons wondering which of them is going to get what DH family refer to as 'the gene' and only have sons himself.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pretty much just bumping for you as i don't really know the answer although my gut wants to say from everything i read on here its just a coincidence, three or four boys is not enough for a pattern (there are a lot of women on here with that and i think general stats are something like 11% odds of four boys, higher for three) and there obviously are females through out out the family to, its also possible some of these men may have had early losses that were girls. You also need to consider the mothers background too.

i knew one girl whose hubby came from three generations of all boys, he was the fourth generation both he and his brother (the only old enough for kids) had boys (the only females were through marriage), they had two boys and when i had my third they had a daughter everyone in their family was in total shock (on the otherside of that both my and my hubby's families are all pigeon pairs or all long lines of boy/ girl or runs of girls - no-one has had two boys in a row, yet i have three!).

if you think about it as flipping a coin (although there is a lot more to swaying than i accept) you get some odd runs as rare as it is there is always someone who will continually flip heads (and the other side to that is at some point your run will end). I also know girls on here with 6 or 7 boys who have had their daughter.

Good luck if you do sway in the future, hopefully Atomic will put forth something a little more scientific for you on the subject
    Me, DH, the three musketers:

DS1

DS2

DS3

And our little princess

By the grace of god our precious little girl joined our family, hoping and praying for many happy years together

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply. I know even with my very best shot at swaying I could still get another boy, but I'd like to know there was at least a chance. This pregnancy has been so much worse than my others (and we know the old wives tales about that) that I did get my hopes up, but also think if anothers going to get even worse, can I take it? Especially if theres no chance of a girl at the end.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mmmmm I am not sure I fit in to the long line of boys and have had 4 myself! I am convinced something is at play maybe the girl sprem's arn't of good quality and less likely to make it there, even though it is proved 50/50 xy maybe their is a gene mutation on the x and it's a factor that's passed down but I am just turning gears in my head I really don't know the answer!! On the other hand their are plenty of ladies with lots of lil guys and say the same thing and go on to have a healthy lil girl!
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting topic. My dh is one of 4 brothers and 1 sister. Of his brothers, one has 2 sons and the other a son and daughter. And we have a ds. So definitely boy heavy on his side. It's a kind of joke in his family now that they can only produce boys (even though there is one girl sister and one girl niece). I hope that's not true though I really want a lil girl

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Idk, my husband can from a line of all boys the only hope I have is some stopped at 2 and the others never went for a 4th and here I am on my 5th child so hoping maybe they just didn't have enough to see if a girl was possible, but what's different is my bil are the first men in the family to produce girls and only girls(they had no boys) so I have some hope that just maybe whatever gene my bil got my husband got a tad bit too and #5 will be a girl, but it used to be known until bil had girls that *insert last name here* can't have girls
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    To the best knowledge of science, gender does not run in families. There is a super complex explanation for this that deserves its own essay but quick version, it makes no sense for your genes to put all their eggs in one basket so to speak - if we imagine a guy who had those genes, the first time a war occured that killed off all or most of the men (which has happened throughout time far too often) that's it, that's the end of the gene pool right there.

It is a lot more sensible for genes to support conception of the gender with the best odds of survival to hand down the genes. In your husband's family, it just so happened that everyone's environment (plus a good deal of luck) supported lots of little boys to be conceived.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my family (extended including cousins), 3 years ago we had 8 boys and one girl in my children's generation. Anyone would look at that and be looking around for a gene. Since then, we've added 4 girls to the mix. If the girls had come first everyone would be thinking we had a girl gene. It looks like genes, but it was just luck.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone.
    I agree its 50-50 but like one lady said I do wonder myself if my hubbys Y sperm is slow! Does anyone know if morphology tests can be done in the uk to test if your partners sperm is of good quality and volume. Also Atomic u mentioned 4 girls were added to your family was this through swaying?

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting thread! Both sides of my family are very male dominated, just hoping and praying I will be blessed with a pinkie
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast