Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could immediate jump+dump sway blue?

if done straight away?

this study http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con...3/611.full.pdf says:
    "However, a recent study (Pyrsak, 1994) is consistent with earlier studies (Ericsson et al., 1973; Rohde et al., 1973; Broer et al., 1976; Beernink et al., 1993; Ericsson, 1994) which find that some Y spermatozoa migrate more readily through a variety of media, including cervical mucus, and it answers the criticisms of Ericsson’s work. Pyrsak (1994) reports that, from a population comprising 50% Y spermatozoa, Y spermatozoa make up 66–71% of the first 10% of the spermatozoa which swim through an albumin gradient. When more than 10% of the original population passes through the filter, the Y/X ratio approaches that of the original population. The studies which failed to replicate Ericsson’s results recovered more than the first 10% and their failure to find Y selection was therefore to be expected."

which, to me, says that if you jump+dump soon after BD and only 10% of the swimmers have made it through into the cervix, there is a bigger chance of conceiving a boy as a result because more Y-swimmers will be in that first 10%.... unless I've completely misinterpreted the meaning of that!
    Last edited by rainbowflower; December 30th, 2011 at 02:22 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I dont know lol but I do know I conceived a boy with immediate jump and dump because (tmi) he wasnt supposed to go in me because I didnt want to be pregnant lol (we wanted to wait a couple of more months to try our sway)
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That's interesting. I did an immediate jump and dump and got a girl as you know. DH released quite deep so perhaps more than 10% made it through very quickly!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    that's interesting XXdreaming, thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    That's interesting. I did an immediate jump and dump and got a girl as you know. DH released quite deep so perhaps more than 10% made it through very quickly!
    who knows? lol
    you had a strong pink sway in other ways too

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always jump and we had 3 girls. I think the speed with the deposit going in is much faster than you think! Also, perhaps the XY sperm take longer to capacitate and dumping gets rid of them before they do. We are talking millions though and some are off to the races immediately!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping for Atomic's take on this!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I always jump and we had 3 girls. I think the speed with the deposit going in is much faster than you think! Also, perhaps the XY sperm take longer to capacitate and dumping gets rid of them before they do. We are talking millions though and some are off to the races immediately!
    I think I saw a study which looked at how fast they make it into the cervix, I'll try and re-find it

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    A ton of people have tried to recreate Ericsson and never gotten it to work. Ericsson has since admitted that his technique does NOT alter the gender ratio in the sperm sample (it's STILL 50-50 after all the spinning and swimming) but something that he did to the sperm is altering the gender ratio AT BIRTH. To me, this admission indicates that whatever he claims about 10% of sperm being this or that, probably isn't true.

You have got to realize that when you jump and dump there is STILL a hell of a lot more than 10% of the swimmers left in the vag. Even if this is inequivocably true (which I doubt) and somehow miraculously JUST that 10% of 66/71% y to x sperm, makes it into the cervix in seconds and not more, there are still MILLIONS of sperm left in the vagina even with a jump and dump that will then continue along their merry way into the cervix a couple of seconds later.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

@ atomic or others

I accidentally jumped and dumped immediately and today I got a positive opk - 5 days earlier than normal!! I’m trying to sway blue this time. Is it better to bd again even tho it won’t have 3-5 days to work up to highest sperm levels? Help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AGH I'm so sorry I swear I answered this - have another attempt!!! ASAP!!!

"Highest sperm levels" doesn't matter in the fertile window because even when the batches are smaller overall, the sperm can stay alive *unlike early or later when sperm dies almost immediately*

I'm hoping I replied to this in a different thread for you.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ