Thread: Is it safe?

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it safe?

I've noticed some women end up on the LE diet for a pretty long time before they are able to conceive. But I was wondering if you could be on the diet for over a year and it not cause any bad effects? I was thinking about starting the diet now so it just comes as second nature by the time I am actually trying to conceive. I am a VERY obsessive person, so I'm trying to see what I can do to prevent myself from having too much to worry about.

So is it safe to be on this diet for 12-18 months? If I'm on the diet that long will my body just get used to it and not have as much of an effect on my body? Or will it fool my body into thinking it has been in hard times for a very long time? I'm usually VERY fertile. I conceived all three of my kids the first month of trying. So will being on this diet for so long completely sabotage any chance of me getting pregnant or will it just lower my chances?

I don't plan on losing any weight on this diet right away. I will be maintaining my weight until three months prior to trying and then I'll allow myself to lose a little weight each month.

Sorry if this question was already asked.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You do not need to be on LE Diet that long before starting to TTC There's absolutely no reason for it. I DO believe it's safe indefinitely with a few changes that I outline in this essay http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...-diet-faq.html but it's just not at all necessary and it may be that when you're on the diet for a really long time your body may start to get used to it and it may not sway quite as much as it did before. Or, it could really mess up your odds of conceiving. My crystal ball is in the shop this week so I can't tell you how it will affect you personally.

A compromise would be to go on a vegetarian or even vegan diet now but continue eating somewhat more protein, fat, and calories, not lose any weight or skip meals. The amounts of protein and fat in the LE Diet are perfectly fine and good for you indefinitely, I'm more worried that your body will have time to adjust and then when you cut the calories, you won't be able to "shock" your body quite enough.

(Please anyone else who reads this and is now about to freak out and post 17 questions, I am talking about someone planning on being on diet for 12-18 months prior to TTC. Not 4 or 6 months. It is entirely possible that someone may take 9-12 months to get pg with swaying, and if someone did diet for 18 months before starting to TTC and then it took them 12 months to get pg, that's 2 1/2 years of diet. Please no one ask me if them being on diet for 14 weeks instead of 12 weeks is going to sway blue. That is not the type of thing I am talking about.)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 25th, 2013 at 11:18 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ