Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying pink and chemical preg/miscarriage

Hi there,

I have been actively ttc pink for 3 cycles (swaying for 6 months). So far I have had two cycles where I believe I have had chemical pregnancies. The last cycle I received a very faint but positive test the day before bleeding and felt implantation cramping, triphasic shift on BBT charts among a raft of other symptoms from 7dpo.

I am worried that I have naturally very low progesterone (and seem to have very high estrogen) due to my BBTs being very low before and after ov. I was just wondering if Saw Palmetto or one of the other supplements/sway tactics is likely to be causing the chemicals or if I have just been unlucky? Since taking the SP I have noticed that my BBT seems to be raised before Ov. I stop taking it at Ov of course and had the thought that stopping it might cause my progesterone to plummet and interfere with a potential pregnancy.

I am also wondering whether to stop taking the SP this next cycle but don't want to jeopardise my success in swaying.

Any thoughts or words of wisdom would be appreciated

Cheers!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    how long is your cycle? How long is your LP?

We honestly don't KNOW if the supps could contribute to chemicals for people. SP is supposed to raise prog - of course 'supposed to', well who really knows.

SP would continue to work for some time after taking it - hormones take a while to drop and a while to go back up - so if you wanted to drop it, it's still going to have lowered your testosterone and that will stay lower for a little while at least.

But I do want to clarify one thing - your progesterone is LOW prior to ov, stopping SP at that point DOES NOT cause your prog to plummet. That's a biological impossibility. That's why I have you take it in that pattern, to prevent drops in progesterone. Prior to ovulation your prog is super low, it doesn't start to rise until the egg pops. So your concern that stopping SP at ov. is negatively affecting your prog levels, it just doesn't work that way.

The hormonal supps don't work the way that you are thinking of them. It's not that the presence or absence of SP itself is really doing anything. It's that your body is affected by the SP and then your body does stuff. So stopping/starting SP, it's not like starting/stopping something that directly affects you. It's not like a Tylenol, where you take it and it helps your headache until it wears off. It's more like Clomid, where you take it and then it does something to your body and makes it work differently, and then what your body does then, makes a difference a week later - I hope that makes sense??
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    how long is your cycle? How long is your LP?

We honestly don't KNOW if the supps could contribute to chemicals for people. SP is supposed to raise prog - of course 'supposed to', well who really knows.

SP would continue to work for some time after taking it - hormones take a while to drop and a while to go back up - so if you wanted to drop it, it's still going to have lowered your testosterone and that will stay lower for a little while at least.

But I do want to clarify one thing - your progesterone is LOW prior to ov, stopping SP at that point DOES NOT cause your prog to plummet. That's a biological impossibility. That's why I have you take it in that pattern, to prevent drops in progesterone. Prior to ovulation your prog is super low, it doesn't start to rise until the egg pops. So your concern that stopping SP at ov. is negatively affecting your prog levels, it just doesn't work that way.

The hormonal supps don't work the way that you are thinking of them. It's not that the presence or absence of SP itself is really doing anything. It's that your body is affected by the SP and then your body does stuff. So stopping/starting SP, it's not like starting/stopping something that directly affects you. It's not like a Tylenol, where you take it and it helps your headache until it wears off. It's more like Clomid, where you take it and then it does something to your body and makes it work differently, and then what your body does then, makes a difference a week later - I hope that makes sense??
    Thank you very much for the in depth reply! That's really reassuring and I was hoping you would say something along those lines as I would prefer to stick with the SP given it has increased my pre-Ov BBT. The only thing I've noticed since taking it is that my chart seems to have flattened out in that there is only a very small difference between pre-Ov and post-Ov temps and that was why I questioned it's role.

My cycle is typically about 30 days, but Ov was delayed this last cycle (possibly as I was sick) so more like 33 days. LP is typically 12 days but sometimes less.

I have been taking cranberry as I found it most effective in lowering my pH. Now upon reading more of the previous posts I will cut that down dramatically or all together and switch to the low dose aspirin.

Thanks again for all the information