Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Opposite for me too. Tested day AF was due for both. Got neg for DD and left it for a week before I tested again and got my BFP ( we weren't TTC at the time) with this little guy got my BFP the day AF was due
    DD Christmas 2010

DS Sucessful Boy Sway July 2013

DD2: Sucessful Girl Sway March 1st 2016

Thank you atomic & gender dreaming. Feeling so blessed to have had 2 sucessful sways. We would love one more to complete our family and our fingers are crossed for blue

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    I seem to recall someone on this board (maybe Thorz???) who got a BFP at 6dpo and she's having a girl!
    I was 7 DPO but yes she is a girl and none of my boys gave me a positive that early!
    (6) (4) (2)
    Can't believe I'm finally getting my

My Nub Shot
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ing-13w2d.html

My sway below
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not yelling at anyone or angry, I want to write this in all caps to get people's attention from the other responses to this thread.

YOU CANNOT TELL YOUR BABY'S GENDER FROM YOUR PREGNANCY TEST.

YOU CANNOT TELL YOUR BABY'S GENDER FROM HCG TESTS TAKEN AT YOUR DOCTOR'S OFFICE (BETAS)

DO NOT WASTE TIME AND ENERGY PEERING AT A PEE STICK AND REJOICING OR DESPAIRING OVER THE DARKNESS OF A PEE STICK

DO NOT SCHEDULE AN ABORTION BASED ON THE DARKNESS OF A PEE STICK OR RESULTS ON A BETA TEST. (yes, people have done this,and I have taken probably a dozen questions from people asking me if they should have an abortion because of this - please no flaming, GD sucks and sometimes people make bad decisions when they feel desperate.)

I have looked into this extensively and I PROMISE you on my children's lives that there is absolutely, completely, utterly no way you can tell gender from this "method."

What the study found was yes, there was a trend that girls make more HCG on average. But the problem is, that there were also boys who made a lot, and girls who made not very much. There can totally be a trend in a particular direction without that meaning that every case will always hold true.

Example - most men are taller than most women but that doesn't mean that there are many, many women who are taller than many, many men. If you have Janet Reno and Danny Devito together in a room it doesn't mean that the overall trend isn't true, but just that you simply can't assume anything where height and gender are concerned because there are so many exceptions.

So it goes with HCG levels and gender - while there is a trend in that direction overall, in no way does that mean that any one individual will then be proven to be a boy or a girl by Betas and especially not the darkness of pee sticks!! There are tall women and short men; there are girls whose HCG is lower and boys whose HCG is higher and everythign in between. You could have a jockey or a WNBA player on your hands and so no one should despair or rejoice about this, it's just not at all reliable for gender prediction at all.

Aside from that, you could also be having twins, be further along or not as far as you think (this happens WAY more than you think even to people who are pretty knowledgeable about their cycles); you may have tested with diluted urine or just be one of those people whose HCG levels in urine are just higher or lower than the average person. There is at least one person on this site who regularly does not get pos urine tests and has to do blood tests and this can happen even if you've gotten urine tests in the past. Or, you could be using a diff. brand of pg test than you have in the past and be comparing to something that is totally different.

FWIW, with the three pg tests I did pee sticks on, DS 3 and 4 were both quite dark (DS 3 was just dark and DS 4 I was further along than I thought that I was and he was also twins, one of whom did not make it) and DD was light and took 3-4 minutes to turn positive. I was pretty sure I wasn't pg when I tested with her but I got a fortune cookie that said "something small will be heading your way soon." The fortune cookie was more accurate than the "darkness of pg tests" method.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes Throwaway_panther, NACIREMADREAM liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by vickyaust View Post
    This theory would work for me too. I am having a HT girl and my HCG was 140 at 7dpt. My boys were that high several days later.
    Just for the record, as a general rule HT pregnancies come back as pos earlier than natural. Baby typically implants more quickly.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Coffe dear, I pray this is that blue for you..... But

The rate of +ve/-ve pregnancy test depends on the level of urine dilution, time of the day test was taken and the brand of pregnancy test used.
    HCG level depends on How your body responds to pregnancy, when the hcg test was performed, the number of growing embryo e.g twins, triplets etc, and the laboratory that performed the test. There is room for error which depends on how the blood sample was preserved.
    It can never determine gender, I really do not believe this study as it is as random as the Chinese gender prediction and old wife tales, which may come back correct for some and wrong for others. 50/50 on how dark test is and HCG level w.r.t. gender.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So this didn't work for me. My first son was conceived on two different types of birth control, lol. I went to the doc right after Thanksgiving because I thought I got a bad case of the flu, not so much, little monkey was making his presence known, before AF was late (urine at medical clinic).
    DS2 was a failed (half) sway (Shettles), tested way early with him (at home test), and that sucker was dark, and it changed almost instantly.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to jump in here -- I had very high readings this pregnancy, hcg was 2000 at 15 dpo (and doubled properly by 17 dpo). I was very worried that it could be a molar pregnancy or something abnormal, since the numbers were really high. I also came across the research that on average, hcg for girls is higher than for boys. But, as atomic states so very clearly, this is only on average, and there is no way to know, given your values, what you are carrying!! At best, I think if you have high levels you can get a little more excited about your sway, but that's it. You will not know until gender is confirmed via genetic testing or ultrasound.

That said, I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed that my weirdly high levels might actually be from a girl pregnancy.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, al long as the HCG range of girl and boy pregancies overlap, a POPULATION average says nothing about an INDIVIDUAL chance on a boy or girl
    Mother of '08 and '10

And a aug '14

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    bump

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Glad i found this!
    DW 33
    DH 34
    Dec 2016

Will try for another baby in 2019 to complete our family.

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast