Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was a great read, Atomic. I appreciate your ability to handle things sensitively and yet manage to crack us up with a reference to shirtless soccer players!
    Mom to and

2. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by queen-of-harts View Post
    My concern is that i will just be even more fertile as i lose weight so i really think it would be in my best interest to do alot to make it harder to get pregnant but not so much that i would never get pregnant you know? I really am at a loss,who knew being fertile could be a curse lol
    I TOTALLY understand this concern and I have thought on that many times starting back when I did my first blog 2 years ago. The act of losing weight for sure sways pink by shrinking muscle and reducing T levels for everyone, losing weight also sends that message to your body that food is scarce, and I strongly suspect that while you're losing weight, you're less fertile even if you are still at a healthy weight. When I lost weight swaying the first time my pH dropped from doing nothing except losing a few pounds. I also made my period go away after I had DS 2 even though I was at a healthy BMI, just from losing weight and exercising like a maniac (my fertility was def. reduced even though I weighed 130 lbs.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Likes smllibra liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok...a little bit about me...

With my first daughter I was VERY thin, in the underweight BMI range. I gained weight steadily with the last 4...but regularly dieting and losing weight, just to put it back on again. I have always eaten low-fat milk, diet coke/pepsi max, low-fat everything really, high carbs, high sugar, low to non-existent protein. I hate eggs, cheese, not too fond of meat. Hate salad, love veggies/fruit but didn't always eat a lot, mainly carbs. Cereal, toast, pasta. This diet resulted in me being very overweight (obese BMI) for my last 2 children. I have never added salt to anything in my life!! I am sweet person...not savoury!

I want to add that I would in no way class myself as having low fertility at all. I have fallen pregnant 11 times on the FIRST attempt (no joke). I have lost 6 pregnancies, but fall pregnant VERY easily. So my girlie family is not due to poor fertility.

I have also done timing to perfection and still got the girl...moon phases etc... all point boy....Gotta be the diet doesn't it???

I just wanted to also add that I went on a high protein, very low carb, no sugar, high veg/fruit, no processed food diet last year and lost 60kg...my diet is still 3 meals protein a day, low carbs, high fruit and veg, etc... I am trying hard to cut diet coke from my diet forever in the next month or two as well....
    Last edited by Princess of Pink; July 26th, 2011 at 03:10 AM.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all thank you so much for taking time out of your day to share your experiences with us! Very helpful!!!

I totally agree with you about diet being of primary importance. People get confused when I refer to "declining" fertility because they have always gotten pg easily with their girls, but what I mean is that along the fertility continuum, there is a place where a person is still fully fertile but prob. has less/drier/more hostile CM, produces less sex hormones, and may even make eggs that are a little tougher to fertilize than another person's might be. You can have "lower" fertility while still getting pregnant very easily.

I don't want to scare or alarm you, but I do think anyone who has had 5 daughters and 6 losses should see a geneticist to rule out any genetic disorder that ~might~ make it more difficult for you to conceive a baby boy. Please read http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...of-that-gender!!! for a more in depth explanation. This circumstance is extremely rare, but it is something that should be considered. Good luck.

7. Thanks Throwaway_panther, ximiidollyx thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my guess that it is me and not my hubby is right.... he is 275 and loves his sweets he only gets a chance to eat 3 normal meals a day because work is crazy. I was super underweight when i met him and gained 15-20lbs before conceiving DS1.

As a kid we did not eat much because my mother believed that if we had any fat in anyway that we were going to be obese. She never lets us eat anything but beans and oatmeal. Now that I am incharge of what I eat I did eat large amounts of things... I went crazy the first time I had a candy bar at 25 years old. Hubby laughs when I get excited over a food I never had before. I do love food and I try to eat rounded meals and I never deprive myself or my family of something they really want. I do plan to go back to eating what I like or want to try but I will also eat lots of healthy foods.

I think hubbys testosterone has lowered because whines now when I tell him he has to release 2x's a day... he begged me to let him skip it this morning. I made him do it by saying that if we don't do everything we can I will want to try again for another baby... he stamped off to the shower like a two-year-old.

We don't eat a lot of protein these days because I have been trying to condition hubby to eating smaller healthier meals... for his health, my health, and teaching our kids to eat healthy by example. Everything we eat is based on the normal needs.
    Last edited by purplepoet20; July 29th, 2011 at 11:23 AM.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    One thing I saw once on tv says that eating a diet high in healthy greens and good proteins will help increase fertility.... lots of healthy spring mix salads and chicken. Might be good for the people who tend to have more m/c.

One good snack... 1-2cps spring mix salad, a small handfull each of baby carrots and cherry tomatoes, 1/4-1/2 avacado, some type of nuts or seeds, and maybe an egg. I also enjoy alfalfa and bean sprouts. I stopped using dressing a few years ago to loose weight so I like a good mix of veggies for a healthy flavorful salad.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    So my guess that it is me and not my hubby is right.... he is 275 and loves his sweets he only gets a chance to eat 3 normal meals a day because work is crazy. I was super underweight when i met him and gained 15-20lbs before conceiving DS1.

As a kid we did not eat much because my mother believed that if we had any fat in anyway that we were going to be obese. She never lets us eat anything but beans and oatmeal. Now that I am incharge of what I eat I did eat large amounts of things... I went crazy the first time I had a candy bar at 25 years old. Hubby laughs when I get excited over a food I never had before. I do love food and I try to eat rounded meals and I never deprive myself or my family of something they really want. I do plan to go back to eating what I like or want to try but I will also eat lots of healthy foods.

I think hubbys testosterone has lowered because whines now when I tell him he has to release 2x's a day... he begged me to let him skip it this morning. I made him do it by saying that if we don't do everything we can I will want to try again for another baby... he stamped off to the shower like a two-year-old.

We don't eat a lot of protein these days because I have been trying to condition hubby to eating smaller healthier meals... for his health, my health, and teaching our kids to eat healthy by example. Everything we eat is based on the normal needs.
    You know, that is the same experience that I and some other people I know have had. If you're deprived growing up, it's almost like you value food more as an adult to make up for it. I really think that's why rich people are always so dang skinny - they've never had that feeling of not knowing wehre their meal is coming from!!!

I almost begin to feel panicky if I don't have pop in the house!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yeah you cant judge a thin woman and just assume she is a low fat diet, I have a thin friend and she eats a lot! a lot of pizza, cakes, cookies, BUT she LOVES to exercise, she gets up at like 4am in the morning and exercise, like 1hr 30mins or more a day, she LOVES it, personally wish she would rub off on me lol, so she is very thin with a high fat diet and lots of muscles she is very fit, which fits a boy sway doesnt it? to be muscler means higher testosterone right? (btw she has 2 boys) now I do know a woman that is very obese that has 3 daughters but is (not trying to be ugly here) but she is lazy, she probably has no muscle mass (well very little) but either she isnt very fertile or her husband isnt, since its very hard for her to concieve(a 3yr to 5yr gap between girls) she never took fertility meds, she is very religious and doesnt believe in fertility meds so no sway with meds, I think maybe low sperm count was maybe the issue(which sways pink right?) but I dont think it has to do with size but whether if your a healthy, more physical, lazy, etc you think? well what I gathered from the article
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by melinda View Post
    yeah you cant judge a thin woman and just assume she is a low fat diet, I have a thin friend and she eats a lot! a lot of pizza, cakes, cookies, BUT she LOVES to exercise, she gets up at like 4am in the morning and exercise, like 1hr 30mins or more a day, she LOVES it, personally wish she would rub off on me lol, so she is very thin with a high fat diet and lots of muscles she is very fit, which fits a boy sway doesnt it? to be muscler means higher testosterone right? (btw she has 2 boys) now I do know a woman that is very obese that has 3 daughters but is (not trying to be ugly here) but she is lazy, she probably has no muscle mass (well very little) but either she isnt very fertile or her husband isnt, since its very hard for her to concieve(a 3yr to 5yr gap between girls) she never took fertility meds, she is very religious and doesnt believe in fertility meds so no sway with meds, I think maybe low sperm count was maybe the issue(which sways pink right?) but I dont think it has to do with size but whether if your a healthy, more physical, lazy, etc you think? well what I gathered from the article
    I do think it comes down to general, overall health and as a consequence, fertility. That's why you can't just look at a person's body type or even their diet and predict what gender they would have...there is something going on inside people's bodies that is doing the swaying. It's just that diet/health/body type can be indicative of whatever-it-is.

I'm lazy as a cat with 4 boys LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is a great article and I'm bumping it up because A) I really loved imagining the men without shirts!! and B) I think AS's words about fertility continuium, being that you may easily get pregnant but still not be as 'fertile' as you may think due to low CM, or an egg that's harder to penetrate, etc.

Great essay!
    2007 / 2011 / 2012

Link to my girl sway: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...-its-girl.html

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast