Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so glad to see that you don't recommend eliminating magnesium from one's diet. I have 2 precious girls that I love with all my heart. we would love a boy to complete our family so I'm trying to sway blue...but I pretty much rely on a mag supplement each evening to sleep. It's the only thing that helps. Do we know why some sources think that mag sways pink? Does it have to do w blood pressure? Any thoughts on continuing 400 - 600mg of mag daily? Thanks so much. Wonderful site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think I answered this a bit already but the only reason why magnesium was ever thought to sway was because it was supposed to make calcium work better!! But as per our prv. convo I have my doubts that calcium even sways pink to start with and I think it's fine to take mag for a boy (provided it doesn't upset your stomach and deplete you of nutrients)

good luck and blue dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very helpful information, Thanks for sharing! Cheers

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol this was my diet when I got pregnant with my girl

Wonder if I do it again deliberately, if I will get a boy?!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by LaReine View Post

It's possible to have eaten a HE type diet and had a girl. Even a 'perfect' sway with all the strong blue sway strategies still only has a 65-70% chance of a boy. But what we do know is the HE diet is what works for most people moat of the time. It is quiet possible to have a boy this time round doing very similar to last time.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes LaReine liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's possible to have eaten a HE type diet and had a girl. Even a 'perfect' sway with all the strong blue sway strategies still only has a 65-70% chance of a boy. But what we do know is the HE diet is what works for most people most of the time. It is quiet possible to have a boy this time round doing very similar to last time.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are hundreds if not thousands of things that may affect gender ratio. The diet stuff is just that tiny bit we can see and control, but there's lots of things going on in your body that may affect the gender of your baby. It is totally possible to get a girl eating off the boy diet and vice versa. It is just that across the entire population, these types of diets and other lifestyle tricks do seem to cause more boys than girls to be conceived.

While I know it feels counterintuitive, it is best to aim at doing what has worked for most people, most of the time, even if you think you did that the last time. Because you can never tell if you did everything right and then just fell into the percentage that get opposites from sheer luck, or if you had a lot of other things that were swaying pink for you and they counteracted the diet, or if it was something your partner brought to the table, or a combination of all those things. What we have to beware of is this urge where we say "well this means my body must be totally opposite" and eat a pink diet to TTC a boy, because I have seen people do that and it is not going to get you your best chance at a boy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes LaReine liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Like others have said, it could have been just odds. Or other factors trumped your diet (if you were doing tons of cardio, or are a "girl type" personality, your husband was smoking, you were on certain meds, etc.). You could have been eating like this but not enough calories, even.

Statistically, most people end up with both genders, even just pigeon pairs. There's a good chance these millions of people aren't dramatically changing diets. They might be altering slightly and getting both genders, or just falling into the odds game.

13. Likes atomic sagebrush, LaReine liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know potassium is preferred through diet & you mentioned " boy blitz " with the wheatgrass and coconut water the 5-7 days beforehand, but even doing coconut water + a full banana and spinach , I'm not reaching over 2000mg according to MFP. I don't really prefer to eat more carbs than the bananas (and other veggies I'm eating) because I have a very sensitive stomach and even the full fat dairy is causing me digestive distress. What sups/dosage are good to add on top of this or would doing the blitz the few days before DTD be good enough? Also what about B-12 and Omega 3? Im taking the Omega 3 ontop of my prenatal. I started on Sunday the "He diet" because I'll be getting my mirena removed at the end of this month, so Im preparing thanks <3
    Last edited by Fitnessmommy27; September 5th, 2017 at 04:32 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitnessmommy27 View Post
    I know potassium is preferred through diet & you mentioned " boy blitz " with the wheatgrass and coconut water the 5-7 days beforehand, but even doing coconut water + a full banana and spinach , I'm not reaching over 2000mg according to MFP. I don't really prefer to eat more carbs than the bananas (and other veggies I'm eating) because I have a very sensitive stomach and even the full fat dairy is causing me digestive distress. What sups/dosage are good to add on top of this or would doing the blitz the few days before DTD be good enough? Also what about B-12 and Omega 3? Im taking the Omega 3 ontop of my prenatal. I started on Sunday the "He diet" because I'll be getting my mirena removed at the end of this month, so Im preparing thanks <3
    DON'T TRUST MFP.

I've been using My Fitness Pal for over half a decadr and still use it, but it's notoriously bad for missing micronutrients (like potassium or vitamins) because so much of it is user inputted. For example, I eat an RX bar almost daily but half of the entries for those don't include the potassium of -- which there is roughly 360mg of!

If you want less carby potassium sources, eat cooked or dried/concentrated tomatoes and other vegetables and fruits (most have potassium, there's just no one caring but us and heart patients to really input it!)

16. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast