Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    DON'T TRUST MFP.

I've been using My Fitness Pal for over half a decadr and still use it, but it's notoriously bad for missing micronutrients (like potassium or vitamins) because so much of it is user inputted. For example, I eat an RX bar almost daily but half of the entries for those don't include the potassium of -- which there is roughly 360mg of!

If you want less carby potassium sources, eat cooked or dried/concentrated tomatoes and other vegetables and fruits (most have potassium, there's just no one caring but us and heart patients to really input it!)
    Oh wow thanks for the advice. Any better way to track these micronutrients? MyPlate doesn't show the micronutrient count, only Macro. So maybe just Paper & pen...oldschool :P

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Self.com has reliable nutrient info on it and then yeah just use the ol' paper and pen.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitnessmommy27 View Post
    I know potassium is preferred through diet & you mentioned " boy blitz " with the wheatgrass and coconut water the 5-7 days beforehand, but even doing coconut water + a full banana and spinach , I'm not reaching over 2000mg according to MFP. I don't really prefer to eat more carbs than the bananas (and other veggies I'm eating) because I have a very sensitive stomach and even the full fat dairy is causing me digestive distress. What sups/dosage are good to add on top of this or would doing the blitz the few days before DTD be good enough? Also what about B-12 and Omega 3? Im taking the Omega 3 ontop of my prenatal. I started on Sunday the "He diet" because I'll be getting my mirena removed at the end of this month, so Im preparing thanks <3
    Panther already went into this eloquently (thank you!) but yeah you are almost certainly getting much more than you think due to the unreliable nature of MFP.

If the full fat dairy is upsetting your stomach, try something different. if you're drinking milk, go to yogurt or cheese instead.

You don't need more B12 on top of what is in your prenatal. The Omega 3 is fine I have most blue swayers use that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345