Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anxious

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anxious

Does anyone else get sick during pregnancy?
    I'm so anxious thinking about it. Like, panicky.
    With DS2 I was in and out of the hospital numerous times due to sickness. There was only one meal I kept down all nine Months. It not a simple first trimester thing. It's a nine month long flu.
    My Esophagus is scarred from it.
    There is just no way to prepared physically or mentally for it. I was depressed during my pregnancy and do not enjoy it. Growing a baby is a full time job.
    With DS1 I couldn't produce any breastmilk from malnutrition. With DS2 my milk didn't come in until day 9, but I didn't give up and was successful with him.
    I've tried Diclectin and Zofran. None worked a bit.
    Any advice or suggestions? Anyone know of a miracle product that may help?
    DS #1 - 2010 Liam James #2 - 2012 Ezra Keaton

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Gosh ...I hear you on the mourning sickness... I keep going back though it is lucky for me and even my doctors have said it is better I am over weight because by the end of pregnancy there is nothing left. I am honestly very anxious about it ....I just don't want to feel like I am dying again because I remember what it was like but I desperately want another.. hummmmm if you find any magic cures let me know. The only thing I found was sipping ice water felt good and the dehydration was better and there for the sickness wasn't so severe lucky for me though I could eat a small meal if in the mourning and usually keep it down till lunch but if it was more than a piece of toast or a bikki...I have had some people say going on a very low carb diet helped.....but I would vomit water so I doubt it would help me, Maxolon was the magic drug I took it helped some days some days it did not, problem with it is you have to keep the pill down to work if they put it straight in your vein it is heaven sent, I felt normal for a few hours !
    Hoping for a pink rainbow!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How much Diclectin are you on? With DS1 I had to take 6, with DS2 and this baby I've been on 8. I take 2 at 6am, 12pm, 6pm, 12am and found that it actually worked. Like you I get deadly sick for the entire time and if I didn't have diclectin I think I'd actually be in a hospital the entire 9 months.

I know some docs say the max dose is 4 pills so thats why I asked as I have always been on way more than 4. I know it's all about how you take them and I make sure to stager them perfectly - and yes, I set an alarm to wake up to take the one at 12am. I'm 24 weeks now so I'm down to only 1 a day, but when I miss that one it's deadly!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll look into Moxolon!
    I swore to my husband Id never have more, but here I am.
    I can't keep down fluids either. IV'S are a lifesaver!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I read somewhere breastfeeding helps so we will see about that!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not pregnant yet.
    For the boys I was on 12 a day. It really did not remotely help.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My morning sickness didn't last the whole nine months but the 4-5 it did last were horrendous. Zofran did stop the vomiting for me (as long as I took 3 a day religiously) but the constant nausea was somehow worse when I couldn't get the relief from vomiting if that makes sense. This last time I did find that taking a large dose of B6 (150mg) at bedtime helped a little bit. So did acupuncture. I would feel immediately better for several hours afterwards. My acupuncturist started leaving a little stick on needle patch in my ear. I wasn't sure it was doing anything until I took it off one day and about 20mins later I started feeling much worse. No foods or drinks ever helped me at all though. Good luck.
    Step (17)
    Step (15) & (12)
    Our IVF/ICSI twins (6) (OHW)
    Our HT DD (2)

14Cycle 1 (Dr Lin, CA): ER 14 Jan 2011. 5 eggs, 4 mature and fertilised w/ ICSI. 2 probe. Put back 2 XX's. 5dp5dt - BFP. 9dp5dt - 64. 13dp5dt - 81 Stop meds. 19dp5dt - 330. 22dp5dt - 890. 3 scans show small empty sac not progressing. Final scan before D&C at 7w5d shows HB 116 & a 5.5mm embryo measuring 6w1d. 8w4d - HB 144 & fetus is 11.5mm! 9w4d - no HB.....

Cycle 2 (Genea): ER 8 July 2011 (after 10 wks on DHEA). 9 eggs, 5 fertilised w/ ICSI, 2 embryo's sent for aCGH day 6 biopsy. 29 July - both normal XX's!!!

Cycle 3 (Genea): Natural FET 15 March 2012. 4dp5dt BFP. 9dp5dt - 251. 12dp5dt - 949. HB 133 @ 6w3d. Born 6 Nov 2012.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will look into that too! Acupuncture. Thanks!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just pricey!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh you poor poor thing.

This sounds weird but the only thing that's ever helped me is sucking really tart candy like Jolly Ranchers. I would keep them by the bed and pop one in my mouth before I ever got up and keep one in there all day long.

The good news is that even if you've been super sick with some pregnancies you may not always be that sick. I threw up daily with DS 1 but it only happened with that pg. Then I was barely sick with DS 2 and DD, and with DS 3 and 4 I was quite nauseous all the time but it wasn't the horrible level that it was with DS 1.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast