Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    I truly believed that if I worked at swaying hard enough IT WOULD WORK - despite your warnings of the kitchen sink sway Atomic. I approached it all the wrong way, more like preparing for an exam rather than a roll of the dice.

I can't wait to read the rest of this essay on how to become more Mary-like. I think I needed ds3 to wake me up to the fact that I can't control everything - and to learn that that's no bad thing.
    Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    I completely feel this way about my ds3. He's brought a sense of calm to my life and has taught me to just let some of the small stuff go. (Some. I'm still so Martha.) Maybe it's his personality - he is a super calm little boy - or maybe just that with three we're outnumbered so we CAN'T control everything no matter how hard I try. But I truly feel that even though I was on IG swaying pink, he was meant to be the boy he is.

Now, I just hope I'm not meant to have 5 more boys before I get my girl, or we're going to be broke!
    2000 2009 2012
    mc July 2014
    mc Dec 2014

Hoping for my girl to stay sticky!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamofpink View Post
    I know & accept that my need to control my future was the biggest reason why ds3 is coming to join us. Heck, it pains me to say that my desire to home-school even has an element of 'Martha-ism' about it too! I don't trust the system in the UK to do a good enough job.....

I truly believed that if I worked at swaying hard enough IT WOULD WORK - despite your warnings of the kitchen sink sway Atomic. I approached it all the wrong way, more like preparing for an exam rather than a roll of the dice.

I can't wait to read the rest of this essay on how to become more Mary-like.
    no, luck is the biggest factor for most of us on here!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    above all else luck is the number one factor in why pink sways succeed or fail. Blue swayers do have much more control but even then it still comes down to luck in the end.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    above all else luck is the number one factor in why pink sways succeed or fail. Blue swayers do have much more control but even then it still comes down to luck in the end.
    Aaaah!!! Luck is something I can't control Hope Lady Luck is on my side next time then

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yet again fantastic read!

I am certainly Jeannie/Martha! Although technically my sway failed and I am expecting DS3, I was starting to feel calmer.......interesting?!

I tried really hard to remain relaxed about my sway and I think to an extent I was, however, I have a very comprehensive diary (that I would be lost without), strict daily routine for my boys. I watch films making comments like 'this is never going to end well', ' wouldn't allow my boys to do that' etc.....

I do agree that all the excessive organising can be stressful raising my anxiety levels, would happily be more like Mary although may find letting go hard .........maybe DS3 will help me let go.........
    Last edited by 2lovelyboys; August 25th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm definitely this type also. BUT, now since I've been back to work for a month I've had less time to be annoying old me.
    For instance I used to be OCD clean. Spotless house. Now I work 9.5 hour shifts until 1 am, get up with Ezra three times a night, and up at 7 am with them. So I have no energy to clean. And I barely care. I'm like meh! My husband can do it.
    Would that change sway?
    DS #1 - 2010 Liam James #2 - 2012 Ezra Keaton

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OMG! It is after the hen story I really understood it!
    My MIL have one daughter and 3 sons, and she is crazy about looking after them and feeding them constantly!
    My mom 3 girls and she is not obsessed by this at all, she is much more relaxed.

Thank you Atomic again for great essay!!!
    Happy mom of two beautiful boyz
    2007 2009

Prayed and Swayed 2013 (PP)
    My babygirl was born 19 april 2014

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This was really hard to read. I was planning to have my first attempt this month, but now I'm not sure I should. I know I haven't really changed personality wise. And I do insist that my DS drinks organic milk...just crazy things like that. The only thing that makes me feel better is that my DH is totally a Sloane/Mary type, so maybe I can use him as a model...He is completely laid back and could care less if I clean the house or even get out of bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

[2] healthy baby boy born in 2011
    [21 weeks] Nov. 2012 Went for a scan at 20 weeks, baby measured 17+6, came back for a follow up scan and baby had passed away. Lots of testing, no answers.
    Moving on without my son's brother. Starting our HT journey in 2014.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know I've mentioned this before...but
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sbowman View Post
    This was really hard to read. I was planning to have my first attempt this month, but now I'm not sure I should. I know I haven't really changed personality wise. And I do insist that my DS drinks organic milk...just crazy things like that. The only thing that makes me feel better is that my DH is totally a Sloane/Mary type, so maybe I can use him as a model...He is completely laid back and could care less if I clean the house or even get out of bed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    gut instinct here, it seems a little bit "martha" to say, OMG I have to now postpone and come up with a plan to relax myself and change my personality!!! (remember Jeannie trying to change her name to impress Charlie SHeen??) You can't change your personality, it's more like you just mellow out a little bit and it's not something that you MAKE happen. You can't make it happen. It just happens. What you can do is try to practice acceptance and that can help.

Be like Sloane - say, this is who I am, it's ok, things are cool, life is good, no matter what I can't really lose here. If you're really obsessing over it, and you ahve the time to spare because you're young enough, flip a coin and just do what the coin says (no reflipping if you don't like the outcome!!!)
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 28th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast