Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, please help!

Atomic (and all other lovely mummas), I have been a sucker for the IG site; had a friend who had it work for her, bought into it hook line and sinker.
    I have 4 girls and am desperate for a boy.
    Please give me some of your strongest tips to make this happen for us!

Thank you

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please help!!!
    The IG boy sway has not worked for me for 12 months and I need a new plan.
    :/

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I need more info to go on - what exactly have you guys been doing?

My first recommendation would be to drop all douches, baking soda, egg whites, and only use Preseed or Conceive Plus. I would also drop the Shettles timing that does not work, and go for 3 attempts at positive opk.

Fill me in about your diet, supps, etc and I can be of more help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We've been doing the IG boy diet; no douches, egg whites, bsf or anything like that (I'm prone to infection); we had been using pressed but it wasnt working for us; I'm on vit b complex, evening primrose oil, fish oil, conception/pregnancy/breastfeeding multi, folic acid, vitamin c, iron (in liquid form), garlic and vitamin e after af finishes (I find I have extended af if I take it during).
    I usually only have on average around 1.5 meals a day, drink a lot of water; lemon water, normal water, currently mixing coconut water with pineapple juice. Dinners are usually meat and veg and I'll have an apple before bed.
    I have tried having a banana for brekkie each morning but with my IBS I think it's giving me bowel episodes.
    I'm trying to do the HE diet like you have suggested, but I'm so little I don't think I can possibly do it without seriously interrupting my IBS.
    I was on additional Zinc but I came off that after reading something you wrote on it.
    We have been using shettles to a point; we have been trying to time dtd within an hour or 2 before or after ov (we check cervix position to determine almost exact ov).
    Our girls were 1 dtd 1.5-2 days before ov (based on edd); 6/7 days straight dtd with cut off day before ov (based on edd); dtd day before day of (after ov I think) and day after ov; dtd 6-8 hrs before ov.

I think I have covered everything

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Resume Preseed, we've had good results with it, but be careful not to use TOO much - just 1/4 of an applicator or so is usually plenty.

In terms of getting pregnant I think it is your timing. Timing doesn't sway and Shettles timing for a boy makes it really hard to get pregnant. We are getting great results with having 3 attempts at or around pos. OPK (day before ovulation). So you could have one attempt the day of pos OPK, another first thing the next morning, and then again the next night.

Eating 1 meal a day is really not ideal for TTC a boy. You don't need to stuff yourself with food on HE Diet or eat anything that will upset your stomach, but you do need to eat SOMETHING. A diet of banana and coconut water is not going to get you a boy no matter what they say on IG. You desperately need something with PROTEIN in it first thing in the morning - eggs, yogurt, whatever you can get down, even if it's not as much as others are eating.

Are you taking EPO all month or just AF-O?? That can mess up conception if you take it all month.

I am concerned that you are getting heavier AF. Garlic, fish oil, EPO, and Vit. E are all blood thinners and you really don't NEED all that stuff. I think Vit. E in megadoses any higher than that found in your prenatal may inhibit cell division and actually reduce odds of successful conception. I would drop the garlic and extra Vit E and be sure you're not taking more than 1000 mg fish oil and 500 mg EPO.

High doses of B vitamins can also mess up your cycle so you may want to give it a try without those(I really think it's the timing though)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Resume Preseed, we've had good results with it, but be careful not to use TOO much - just 1/4 of an applicator or so is usually plenty.
    I think we have one application left before we need to get some more.

Eating 1 meal a day is really not ideal for TTC a boy. You don't need to stuff yourself with food on HE Diet or eat anything that will upset your stomach, but you do need to eat SOMETHING. A diet of banana and coconut water is not going to get you a boy no matter what they say on IG.
    I wasn't just on that stuff, if anything I was primarily surviving on lemon water, bananas, supplements and potatoes.
    But by being on that for so long, it's just stuffed my stomach to the point where I actually believed that I was suffering a stomach ulcer. UGH!!!
    Now I'm trying to get breakfast in, not working so much, but I am getting protein in at lunch and dinner and last night had eggs and potatoes before bed.

Are you taking EPO all month or just AF-O?? That can mess up conception if you take it all month.
    Just AF - O.

I am concerned that you are getting heavier AF. Garlic, fish oil, EPO, and Vit. E are all blood thinners and you really don't NEED all that stuff. I think Vit. E in megadoses any higher than that found in your prenatal may inhibit cell division and actually reduce odds of successful conception. I would drop the garlic and extra Vit E and be sure you're not taking more than 1000 mg fish oil and 500 mg EPO.
    Nope, not heavier, actually lighter :/
    I did 3 straight clomid cycles and it has stuffed me up big time.
    Last clomid cycle I was on my AF was so much lighter than normal it was upsetting.
    Then the AF after my first non-med cycle after the 3 in a row went for ages and I blamed taking the vit e during my AF on that, so I only started taking that again after my most recent AF stopped.
    But having said that, my most recent AF was also light and only lasted a few days, probably close to my regular length but half as heavy (heightening my concern that my lining is stuffed).
    I have been taking them to build my lining back up after the clomid episodes.
    I'm on 2g of EPO for lining and CM, 3500mg of fish oil cuz that's what I read on IG somewhere by one of their new moderators who's like their top swayer ever or something (I dunno, I've become quite disillusioned with IG), 510mg of vit e for lining, garlic oil 1mg equiv to 3g of fresh bulb cuz I tend to get sick easily.
    DH is on similar supplement amounts - I heard that vit e (500mg) is good for his swimmers as well as fish oil (3000mg). He's also on Zinc (just 25mg), vit c (1000mg) and folic acid (500mcg).

High doses of B vitamins can also mess up your cycle so you may want to give it a try without those(I really think it's the timing though)
    I'm taking the b complex because my cycles are absolutely screwed without them.
    Before the clomid I was suffering 40 - 50 day cycles and 8 - 10 day luteal phases (it was severely mentally devastating to have to wait 35/40 days just to ovulate and then start bleeding after 8/9 days after ovulation. One of my luteal phases only lasted ONE DAY :'( )
    The b vitamins I'm using to shorten my follicular phase and elongate my luteal phase.

I'm just worried that based on my conception history with my girls, that the timing you suggest will result in another girl.

I'm in my second cycle after clomid finished; my first cycle after clomid mirrored one of my previous clomid cycles, but I was expecting that due to reading it has a half life of 2-3 cycles (depending on what doses and how long it was taken; I did 50mg days 2-6, 100mg days 2-6, 50mg day 2 100mg 3-6).

I'm really appreciating all your advice and taking in as much as I can.
    After being TTC for a year now and having so much trouble, one can only assume that IF I'm lucky to conceive at all, it would be my last one, and we're just so desperate to have a son to complete our family (I think 12 months doing IG is proof of that).
    Last edited by angel__eyes83; January 7th, 2014 at 09:46 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please understand that it is irrelevant if you were eating a banana and coconut water or lemon water, supplements, banana, and potato - eating one meal a day with hardly any variety and no protein whatsoever is not the ideal way to get a boy. I was just using that as shorthand for the types of food/drink you are ingesting. there is little to nothing of real dietary value in there - no protein or fat, little calories.

It is normal to get lighter AF while on Clomid because your estrogen is lower. In your previous post you said "when I take vitamin E my menstural bleeding gets heavier" which means that you are so full of blood thinners that your blood is having trouble clotting and so taking a Vit. E is making your blood flow a lot more easily. This can happen all through your body including in your stomach and brain, both of which can be fatal. This is esp. the case for someone who is barely eating anything because it will affect you a lot more than someone who was getting more calories and some sources of Vit. K and dietary iron in addition to all the other micronutrients that your body uses to repair damage.

OMG that is way way way too much EPO and fish oil, not to mention garlic and Vit. E. Please take me very seriously, you are going to KILL YOURSELF on all these blood thinning supplements (and don't even get me started on your electrolytes eating only potassium and I assume sodium, without anything else to balance them out). I am very scared for you and I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to reduce doses right away and begin to eat more normally to give your body the nutritional resources it needs to be able to remain healthy. Don't stop them cold turkey, just drop down to 1000 mg fish oil, and stick with only the Vit. E in your prenatal/multivitamin. I would cut out the garlic for now and you can consider adding it back in when your diet is back to normal again.

I didn't realize you were taking the EPO while still on Clomid, that is a no-no and EPO may make it more difficult for you to get pregnant. i would drop that all together while on Clomid.

Honestly, I don't mean this to sound harsh but if you were eating that type of diet for months at a time it is no wonder your LP was one day long. Your body is STARVING for nutrients that are only present in real foods and I am not talking B vitamins, I mean protein and fat. Your body does not want to get pregnant if your diet is not at least somewhat balanced.

Re timing, http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html this is the scientific case against timing. TIMING DOESN'T WORK. There are tons of people on here (myself included) who got boys with cutoffs and girls without them. In our stats, we are getting 75% GIRLS with one attempt regardless of what day people had sex on. NO ONE should be doing just one attempt while on Clomid anyway because when you're on Clomid you need to get pregnant fast. I think instead of the 3 attempts I recommended before, you should switch to SMEP Sperm Meets Egg Plan and use some Preseed in an attempt to get pregnant as soon as possible because this needs to end before you end up in the hospital.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Please understand that it is irrelevant if you were eating a banana and coconut water or lemon water, supplements, banana, and potato - eating one meal a day with hardly any variety and no protein whatsoever is not the ideal way to get a boy. I was just using that as shorthand for the types of food/drink you are ingesting. there is little to nothing of real dietary value in there - no protein or fat, little calories.
    I think you misunderstood what I was saying.
    My one meal a day was a hearty dinner with red meat and veggies, mainly potatoes.
    The bananas and water/juice was the grazing during the day (if you want to call it lunch, so be it, so then it would be 2 meals a day not 1).
    Plus I'm just a little worried that my HE diet attempt won't works as I've only been on it for a week and I'm due to ovulate next week - do you suggest I skip this month's TTC in order to be on the diet longer?

It is normal to get lighter AF while on Clomid because your estrogen is lower. In your previous post you said "when I take vitamin E my menstural bleeding gets heavier" which means that you are so full of blood thinners that your blood is having trouble clotting and so taking a Vit. E is making your blood flow a lot more easily. This can happen all through your body including in your stomach and brain, both of which can be fatal. This is esp. the case for someone who is barely eating anything because it will affect you a lot more than someone who was getting more calories and some sources of Vit. K and dietary iron in addition to all the other micronutrients that your body uses to repair damage.
    No I didn't say that my bleeding gets heavier, I said that when I take Vit E while I am on my AF that it extends the bleeding, it doesn't make it heavier.
    I had a heavier period this cycle than last cycle (but it was also shorter; last time was very light for 13 days), but my regular pattern (with NO supplements or clomid) is medium, heavy, heavy, medium, medium, light, light. My most recent cycle was light, medium, medium, light, light, spot, spot, spot; and that was on supplements and after my first non-clomid cycle.

OMG that is way way way too much EPO and fish oil, not to mention garlic and Vit. E. Please take me very seriously, you are going to KILL YOURSELF on all these blood thinning supplements (and don't even get me started on your electrolytes eating only potassium and I assume sodium, without anything else to balance them out). I am very scared for you and I cannot stress strongly enough that you need to reduce doses right away and begin to eat more normally to give your body the nutritional resources it needs to be able to remain healthy. Don't stop them cold turkey, just drop down to 1000 mg fish oil, and stick with only the Vit. E in your prenatal/multivitamin. I would cut out the garlic for now and you can consider adding it back in when your diet is back to normal again.
    I have been eating normally for the last week or so now.
    But my problem is building my lining - how do I do it if I am not taking the supplements???

I didn't realize you were taking the EPO while still on Clomid, that is a no-no and EPO may make it more difficult for you to get pregnant. i would drop that all together while on Clomid.
    I wasn't - I was using pre-seed on clomid.
    The first cycle I didn't use clomid I used EPO and this cycle I am using EPO.
    I never once used EPO during a clomid cycle as I was advised against it.
    I am slated to re-start my clomid next cycle but I am rethinking that decision by my gyno because I feel that what little lining I have now will be completely depleted. I am actually quite concerned that I have uterine scarring after a 2 month long uterine infection, so until that is nutted out I'm considering my options.

Honestly, I don't mean this to sound harsh but if you were eating that type of diet for months at a time it is no wonder your LP was one day long. Your body is STARVING for nutrients that are only present in real foods and I am not talking B vitamins, I mean protein and fat. Your body does not want to get pregnant if your diet is not at least somewhat balanced.
    I wasn't 'crash' IG dieting at this point, just focusing more on bananas and potatoes with 2 or 3 meals a day as I was still breastfeeding my youngest.
    I had a huge issue with under supply too as well as the issues with my cycles (I have irregular periods normally, but when I breastfeed, they are actually regular and normal - so when I started getting irregularity in my cycles I knew something was wrong. I had little to no milk supply and my cycles were all over the place. I was eating fine and using no meds and only having a breastfeeding supplement. My first 2 cycles after having her were normal and that was while I had my uterine infection, after that it hit the roof and got all crazy).

Re timing, http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...le-timing.html this is the scientific case against timing. TIMING DOESN'T WORK. There are tons of people on here (myself included) who got boys with cutoffs and girls without them. In our stats, we are getting 75% GIRLS with one attempt regardless of what day people had sex on. NO ONE should be doing just one attempt while on Clomid anyway because when you're on Clomid you need to get pregnant fast. I think instead of the 3 attempts I recommended before, you should switch to SMEP Sperm Meets Egg Plan and use some Preseed in an attempt to get pregnant as soon as possible because this needs to end before you end up in the hospital.
    I can assure you I'm not going to end up in the hospital.
    I have gained 2 kilos in the last week eating the HE diet.
    I am eating 2 -3 meals a day again and I'm grazing during the day (ok so it's chocolate, but it's the best I got to snack on and I'm still having trouble with breakfast - I'm just not a breakfast person
    ).
    My problem with the timing issue is that no matter what sort of timing I do I'm getting girls.
    I've done 1 dtd with a 2 day cut off.
    I've done dtd 6/7 days straight with a 1 day cut off.
    I've done dtd day before, day of and day after (this was my clomid success and we were IG swaying boy)
    I've done 1 dtd hours before (and IG swaying boy)
    It doesn't matter what sort of attempt I have - I just get girls :'(
    I secretly think there's something wrong with my husband.
    Like he doesn't make boy sperm or something.

I'm actually scared to do any sort of attempt that isn't once and isn't mere hours before ov.
    I don't want another girl and this being my last baby (IF I get pregnant at all) I don't want to do attempts similar to what I've done before just so I can have another girl (my husband once said that we'd keep going till we get a boy, but we can't afford so many children, and my body can only take so much strain of pregnancy, plus with the way that we're going I'll end up with 20 daughters or something like that. Even my mother did the Shettles method and it worked for her - she had 2 boys after me with it. So what on God's Green Earth am I doing wrong???)
    I know it works for most everyone else, but for some reason my body likes to buck all the trends.

I can guarantee you that SMEP will result in another girl (based on my 2nd and 3rd children's conceptions. Plus there's no possible way it would work as, for the current moment in time and I don't know when it will start changing, I ovulate on day 19, not day 14. And I expect it to start lengthening out the longer I'm off clomid).

Maybe I'm just destined to have daughters all my life (don't get me wrong, I love my daughters, they are my life, I adore them and I don't know what I would do without them, but I need a boy. I have always wanted one of each. I want the mummy - son bond. My husband gets the daddy - daughter bond and they have something really special there and I'm missing out because I don't have a son. It's upsetting for me to see the closeness of their 'secret' bond and the fact that they demand his attention more than mine. I want a little man to do that with me. Have a 'secret' little bond; demand my attention. I don't know if anyone can really understand the why's of me wanting a son, but it hurts that I don't have one and it hurts because I probably never will have one).
    Women with sons don't know how lucky they are...
    Last edited by angel__eyes83; January 8th, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ps...
    Please don't think that I'm coming off mean or anything - I've read stuff on the net about EPO helping with cervical mucous and Vit E helping build uterine lining and Fish Oil being good for DNA building (I take heaps of folic acid too because I've read it helps immensely).
    I take your words with a lot of heart - my hubby has decreased his zinc intake as have I and I'm trying with all my being to be successful at this HE diet.
    I want you to be critical with my current methods so I know what to do, but I also need a little bit of help with lengthening my LP and building my lining back up.
    We are truly desperate for a boy and I'm willing to do pretty much anything to get him (except egg whites in 'wrong' places. Just no...)...

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, please help!

Wow that's a vey girl friendly sounding diet! I know this is for atomic, but I got my boys when I was heavier and healthier. I would eat breakfast cereal every morning (cereal is fortified - extra nutrients) and sometimes for dinner, I would eat a fairly good sized lunch and snacks in between. I also exercised moderately, drank high calorie "foo-foo" coffees drank regular coke vs diet, ate protein with every meal (whether it was in the form of milk, cheese, fish, beans/hummus, PB, or meat), and made sure to get a large variety of fruits and veggies to increase my nutrient levels. My bmi was close too if not showing I was overweight (stupid bmi!!). Oh I would also eat cinnamon rolls and or some sort of desert several days a week.

I also took a lot of vitamins at the time per my doc - beta carotene, vit c, zinc, vit e (400), and folic acid. I eventually added vit d3 and mag/cal but I can't remember of I took those before I got pg with DS or after. I think it was before. After ds1 o started a b-complex to help with my LP but it didn't work. It did give me energy so I continued it lol. Anyway not saying you should go on all these stupid sups but that the added nutrients helped to sway boy with my high calorie intake and even blood glucose levels from trying to eat every three hours. Good luck to you!! I hope you get your boy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greeneyes; January 8th, 2014 at 02:24 PM.
    Jamie
    Mama to '98 '99 '02 '09 '12
    successful girl sway '14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast