Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have noticed on some crackers that I have been eating that it has coconut and palm oil in them, should I avoid them?
    2005 2008 2012 2014 2016 (sway opposite)
    Am currently with (sway opposites)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The type of palm oil in baked goods is usually not healthy because it's been chemically altered. IT is only the all natural palm oil that might sway blue.

I doubt very seriously there is enough in crackers to sway anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    The type of palm oil in baked goods is usually not healthy because it's been chemically altered. IT is only the all natural palm oil that might sway blue.

I doubt very seriously there is enough in crackers to sway anyway.
    I thought that was probably the case, thank you :-) does that apply with the coconut oil as well?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I suspect there is very little coconut oil in them. The palm oil (the bad kind) is very cheap and sometimes they will say things have coconut oil when it's just for marketing purposes (because so many people are into the coconut oil right now). Shelf-stable oils like those in baked goods are nearly always processed and not healthy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I suspect there is very little coconut oil in them. The palm oil (the bad kind) is very cheap and sometimes they will say things have coconut oil when it's just for marketing purposes (because so many people are into the coconut oil right now). Shelf-stable oils like those in baked goods are nearly always processed and not healthy.
    That's great thank you atomic :-)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Unless the product is organic, and even then, whenever you see a blend of/multiple vegetable oils all in the same parentheses within an ingredient list e.g.

Ingredients: wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oil (palm, coconut, soy), salt, etc.

it usually means the oils are processed and not very healthy, and that any potentially healthy oils are only present in small amounts, often for marketing purposes. And thus pink friendly. But double check the breakdown of saturated/monounsaturated/polyunsaturated/trans fats on the nutrition info, as the first 2 fats sway blue and the last 2 types sway pink.
    Last edited by maidentomother; May 11th, 2015 at 10:01 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush, mandyp85 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, fudge. I have been eating butter :/ I think we have a couple sticks of margarine in the fridge though. I'll switch to those (assuming they aren't fortified as you mentioned). *Phew* Veggie oil is okay When I started reading, at first I thought I was going to have to switch to crisco(the white, lard-looking kind)... the sight of is grosses me out. Thanks for the post, and thanks to the person who bumped it
    Our family is complete
    My precious babies: 2006 , 2010 2016
    Too beautiful for earth: 2009- (20+5). 2015- (8w), CP, (8w)

Please pardon typos~ Nursing @ keyboard

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't eat Crisco for a billion dollars! I'm all about sunflower/safflower oil, though canola is even pinker. A little butter is fine, just small amounts for flavour. I would often mix oil + butter to get the flavour withoit too much sat fat. Oil sprays are also great for frying & baking with minimal fat.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

10. Likes twointow83 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Forgive me, but WHAT is canola oil?!

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Rapeseed oil, American & Canadian term. I think it was originally a brand name for rapeseed oil in a can...thus Canola.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast