Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bad cold after ovulation would sway???

Hi I am pretty sure I ovulated yesterday or the day before, I have had a pretty bad cold with a low fever which I am trying to control with tylenol. I did not take any cold medications since i know sudafed and all that is not recommended after ovulation! Any idea if having a cold could sway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From what I've seen, conceiving while ill pretty strongly sways pink. I'm actually hoping for a cold when it comes time
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks I hope so, i'm starting to feel a bit better just hope there is something going on down there! I hate the waiting game :S

Just send your kid to daycare you should be sick about every two weeks lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt having a cold AFTER O could sway...probably most things won't sway at that point, as once you O, provided you have sperm there already waiting, fertilization will occur pretty quickly, within hours. Once fertilization has occurred, gender is set in stone and cannot be changed. So any swaying would have to happen during this very brief window.

As far as I know, the only thing that matters after O/prior to implantation is blood sugar, since XX embryos prefer a low glucose environment. As long as you aren't eating differently due to being sick, I don't see how it could affect gender at this point. And even if there is an effect, it wouldn't change the gender, just affect growth/implantation.

That's my understanding of the matter! Regardless, you can't do anything anyway so try not to worry. You've done everything you can and now you can sit back and (try to) relax. You deserve it, swaying is hard work!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're sick we do believe it can help sway pink, but if it only kicks in after ovulation, the gender would be set by then. Sounds like you were sick at ovulation and that can only help.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes i started my cold before ovulation and the worse was the day of and the day after :S worse cold i've had in years, so hoping at least it helped me sway pink lol!!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived my twins when I had a cold. Maybe that's what made the egg split
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling