Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

any chance for a girl after 4 boys?

Any B-B-B-B-G success stories out there? I know atomic got her girl after 4 boys. anyone else?

I am 17 weeks pregnant with boy #4 and having a hard time accepting that I may never have a DD.
    We had a great sway with this little one, but clearly he was meant to join our family. We have tried shettles twice (before finding this site, 4 and 5 day cut-offs). We did actually loose a DD at 13 weeks between DS 2 and DS 3 and most likely a son at 12 weeks (very boyish nub at 12 weeks).

I desperately want a DD but I don't know if I could handle another opposite. 5 boys would be challenging! This will be my 4th C-section ( and I have had 2 D+C's), so a 5th C-section would be a big risk. My doctor will be able to tell me more about the condition of my uterus when delivering baby #4, so we will see if #5 is even an option.

I would love to hear some success stories! I know there are lots of B-B-B-G success stories, but not sure about 4 boys then a girl.
    Thanks ladies!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes tons of people!!

Mrs. Weasley from IG immediately comes to mind but I know there are many others! Women often come up to me in stores to say that they were the girl after 4 boys. My husband's dad was one of 4 boys (they lost another boy in the middle) and then got a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes!! I had a girl after 4 boys! (And also lost a baby between ds2 and ds3 but don't know gender). It is totally possible. Don't lose hope! I really never thought it would happen for me, ever. No swaying really, I knew about swaying but didn't have a chance to start it properly before she was conceived...somehow she got through a condom, on an 'infertile' day of my cycle and in the same period I contracted swine flu. She could have only been conceived that one time. So I totally believe what is meant to be will be. I did pray my butt off though and God must have got so fed up listening to me, He finally gave in (-:

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would like to think 5 boys and no girl would be more rare than 4 boys and a girl. You keep flipping the coin and eventually it will land a different side up! At least, this is what I tell myself

I have a hard time believing a girl is possible after 3 boys so I know how you must be feeling after 4 boys! I will prob. be in the same boat you are, except #4 is my limit unless we win the lottery!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies!

Atomic, are there any studies that report the statistics of single gender families? I am thinking that the more children, the more likely you would eventually have an opposite. Wondering what my odds would be of having another boy (5 boy family) versus odds of a girl?
    Thanks!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep there sure is! I have 5 boys.. 4 living. Lost #5 last year at 15 wks.. Got pregnant again in August from eathier a 3 day cut off or the day after I ovulated. Wasn't trying just happened that way. No sway eathier, just did a couple things in precaution for a "just in case" and now I'm 30 wks with a baby girl due in May :-D so yes it can happen! Good luck to u and I hope u get your DD..
    Mom to (17) (11) (8) From a previous relationship and (6) and (2) with DH and a VERY unexpected or due 2-5-17

Nov 2012.. Baby lost at 15 weeks 2 days Born into heaven (12-4-12)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by boymommyx3 View Post
    Thanks ladies!

Atomic, are there any studies that report the statistics of single gender families? I am thinking that the more children, the more likely you would eventually have an opposite. Wondering what my odds would be of having another boy (5 boy family) versus odds of a girl?
    Thanks!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...body-know.html

It's ALWAYS possible to get another boy though - while most people do end up getting an opposite at some point, there are families like this out there Meet The Arndt Family (2010) - FamTeam.com I have seen a lot of people (including me!!) TTC with the belief "well it has to be a girl this time, it just HAS to!" but it doesn't HAVE to!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    That is one courageous mom! I couldn't imagine raising that many sons!!!! She must have a very boy-friendly diet and lifestyle!
    I don't even know if we will be given the green light to try again until after this 4th c-section. I am just trying to gather information. I didn't see statistics for 5 children families in that thread. Perhaps I can try to find the actual study to see if they mention it, I will try to Google it.
    Thanks atomic!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would LOVE to pick her brain aobut her diet and lifestyle.

They don't mention 5 kid families in the original study, there were too few to be statistically relevant.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am hoping that this will be me
    3/2010 at 10 weeks (blighted ovum) 5/2014 at 14 weeks 3/2016 at 7 weeks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast