Thread: Odd opks...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Odd opks...

I've been ovulating around cd 15 and usually start OPK at cd 9 and see a nice fade in. Yesterday was cd 9, took a test in the am (test says to use morning urine) and it was a positive. Thought that was odd, I got cramps on one side pretty bad later that day and had spotting ( which I've never had with O) so I took another OPK before bed and it was stark white! What's going on here? Temp this morning had not risen, going to go do an OPK now to see what's going on but I'm confused... (We're not trying btw, just tracking cycles )
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    LH levels fluctuate a great deal throughout the day, and it's very common for levels to be lowest late at night. Only ever compare OPKs taken at the same time of day, and only consider your darkest OPK of the day. What brand are you using?

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tested this am (cd10) and it was almost almost positive, or maybe positive it was so darn close. Still spotting.
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Walgreens brand. I know I have Lh issues-- I was having a string of 4-5 + opks in a row around my period which concerned my ob and she ran blood work showing it was abnormally high for being so close to my period. So I'm going in at certain days of my cycle to test my hormones not sure what's going on. Next test at cd 21 so hoping that will give some answers. I was recently diagnosed hypothyroid and my endo thinks it's messing with estrogen/ progesterone/Lh/fsh balance
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you had normal hormones I'd say it sounds like your surge is fading, but check tomorrow am to be sure it is indeed. But if your LH levels are too high OPKs will not be reliable for you. Hopefully fixing the thyroid issue will return your sex hormones to normal levels.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my opks are all positive in the morning, all negative in the evening, and my OB is having me test at 2 pm every day as that is supposed to be most reliable. My 2 pm test was almost positive yesterday so I'm thinking I will get a positive today.

Opks used to work great for means I even used them to detect O and avoid pregnancy, but when I started thyroid meds I guess that can interfere with estrogen levels which can in turn mess with lh. I'm glad I was using opks to see that lh was off, so now my endo is monitoring that too.
    praying for one last

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I think the afternoon/evening testing is most reliable.

Your body uses LH for lots of other things and sometimes it makes enough to turn a stick positive.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ