Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Not pregnant -- ME?

I need a little moral support and maybe some input. We made it a go to TTC this month. Did essentially SMEP with three attempts at pos OPK and used two different brands of OPKs to double check.

I just woke up to my period. I have gotten pregnant without trying THREE times in the last year. I didn't do any tracking whatsoever but was stressing and killing myself before DD.

Now my thyroid levels are good and I put in the effort and nothing?! I was so symptomatic I was pretty sure I was pregnant, too. I had two days of BARELY there lines on HPTs, so I don't even know if this was a chemical or I'm just seeing those lines.

Do I need to worry about this affecting my sway that I didn't fall pregnant the moment we tried? We've seemed so fertile every other time that I thought we'd be golden...

Additionally: I had an early and short surge this cycle. That surprised me, and I wondered if maybe it was deceptive and I O'd late, but we still DTD every few days after. Now I'm wondering if I even O'd at all?

I had all my eggs in this basket. I am completely miffed. My breasts have been SO sore, too...
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; August 11th, 2017 at 06:15 AM.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    *hugs*

I just found out I'm not pregnant either after first month trying. We are swaying pink with clomid and metformin and I normally fall pregnant easily too so kind of just expected to fall first month. I feel pretty gutted so just wanted to say you're not alone!

I wouldn't base your fertility overall on one month though when you look at the percentage chance of falling pregnant in any given month it does make you realise it's just Luck really. I'm sure next month will be your month.

Hope you're ok!
    2 little cuties

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry. Fertile couples have on average a 25% chance of conceiving each month and it can take several months of trying to get pregnant. It took us a year to conceive ds1 and that was with well timed BD each month! DH has a high sperm count so you'd think it would have happened sooner. So many things have to go right for a woman to get pregnant and stay pregnant. Like Englishdame said, a lot of it is luck. I hope you get pregnant soon!
    '12
    '14
    '15 '15 '16
    🌈 '17 (LE sway opposite)

Dreaming of pink through HT or adoption
    FET January 2021: 1 HBAA XX - BFN
    FET #2 August 2022: 1 HBAA XX - BFP!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush, daydreamer84 thanked for this post
    Likes Shannshaff liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you EnglishDame!

I'm sort of spinning and figuring out everything I can do. I know objectively it's only a 20% shot, but it looked like I didn't have to worry about those odds myself! I'm trying not to feel defeated by this and thinking about the things that are opened in this next month of TTC (2 or 3 times I can let myself have one beer; more time to lift weights 2 weeks from now; found out DH was adding flax to his cereal so I CUT THAT OUT, DD will be 15 months which will please atomic more than her being 14 months haha).

I'm just concerned it's something wrong with me still. Wr had some awesome things I thought would work well for this last month (DH had some high ass T, I can tell you that) but after ovulation my DD got an ear infection so I went from nursing her 3x a day to like 5 or 6x again, so maybe the egg DID fertilize but my body thought shit was going down?

I'm weaning her down to 2x a day so hopefully that can only help too?

I can't stop thinking >_<

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As a bump -- does acupuncture sway blue? I have access to legit, cheap acupuncture and am considering doing it just to be safe/make me feel like I'm doing something. The only info I could find on here is mostly in HT posts, and in one failed blue sway

Also I had weaned off wheatgrass supps maybe 2-3 months ago -- could that have affected anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    As a bump -- does acupuncture sway blue? I have access to legit, cheap acupuncture and am considering doing it just to be safe/make me feel like I'm doing something. The only info I could find on here is mostly in HT posts, and in one failed blue sway

Also I had weaned off wheatgrass supps maybe 2-3 months ago -- could that have affected anything?
    Yes to acupuncture!!! I believe that was a contributing factor with my DS3. Also Yoga and constantly meddling with my sway! Poor Atomic! She's a saint for dealing with me back then!

I cannot say anything about wheatgrass, but green tea was a big factor with my DS1 and DS2.

🤞🏻

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

8. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about your BFN . I wouldn't worry if it takes a bit- DS2 took 3 mo and DS3 took 8 mo.

(((Hugs)))

8/2010 6/2013 11/2015
    Baby Girl EDD 9/30/2017

10. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush, pinkfairydust liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by SoFullofHope; April 26th, 2018 at 03:48 PM.

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    BIG HUGS throwaway!!! I can totally sympathize! We were lucky enough to conceive DD1 first month and DD2 was a total shocker. After years of thinking we were done, I was able to convince DH to try for a 3rd baby. He was on the fence and I was so confident that with my history of getting pregnant so quickly, it would happen again quickly, so we agreed to trying for only one month under the assumption of "if it's meant to be it will happen". Well, it didn't happen month one. I convinced him to try for another month, and again it didn't happen. Eight cycles later (some of which were LOOOONG), we went to see an RE and got a rx for Femara. I would have never in my wildest dreams thought that this was our path. Each cycle I was convinced that I was pregnant - my chart looked amazing, I had every symptom, etc. I also had several cycles of seeing a very faint double line on my hpt's, only to get my period days later. It's hard, I know...but hang in there! It WILL happen!

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you everyone -- and XX, I forgot you did acupuncture and yoga! I'm going to do both for sure (I already do the latter!). I've been drinking black tea but might try weaning down to green tea. I always get a weird soapy taste from green tea thougj, almost like I do for cilantro!

And you're all right it's an odds game; I'm just shook from how I was getting pregnant against all odds FOUR times in a row! Then conditions are perfect and I don't get pregnant! Gah!

16. Likes XXforhubby, atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast