Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need vitamin d and I want a pink baby

I want to start trying end of July but I had some bloodwork done and the doctor told me I need to start on vitamin d. What should I do? I know it sways boy. Should I hold off, what the worst that could happen? Would it affect the baby if I become pregnant? How upsetting I don't need this right now. Thank you in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    personally I don't think a little vit D does any harm and it actually helps the body use the calcium you're taking. I'm taking some vit D as one of my supps (it's a combined folic acid, calcium, and vit D supp)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Boy, that is a hard one. A lot of people have had successful pink sways taking Vit. D so it can't be a make or break thing. My gut says to wait on the Vit. D if at all possible...you should DEFINITELY begin taking it as soon as possible because low Vit. D DURING pregnancy is linked to preeclampsia (which develops later in pregnancy, not early on).

If you do decide to start taking it, I would start TTC NOW rather than waiting for the levels to build up in your body.

Vit. D is a bit of a trendy thing for doctors to prescribe lately - it's quite probable that 2 years ago or even last year, your doctor would not even have checked your Vit. D levels!
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; July 8th, 2011 at 07:51 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ