Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thoughts on Stats

Updated 1-3-17

First of all want to give a huge shout out to rainbowflower who has diligently kept our stats for us, blue-eyed guys who redid the pink stats for us recently, and the others who have helped along the way. It is SO appreciated!!

Original Pink sway stats found here BUT DO NOT ADD YOUR NEW INFO TO THIS THREAD IT'S NO LONGER BEING UPDATED http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...readsheet.html

Updated pink sway stats found here DO ADD YOUR INFO TO THIS SPREADSHEET INSTEAD http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...nfo-links.html

Blue sway stats found here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...readsheet.html HELP NEEDED - I have a whole new set of questions for blue sways and would like to create an entirely new blue sway spreadsheet but I need a volunteer to do that for me and to enter in all the sway info into a new spreadsheet. If you're interested please message me!

The following is not in any way meant to detract from the sheer awesomeness of the stats we are compiling. They are invaluable info, prove without a doubt that swaying is working, and we’ve discovered things that we never would have known without them. But I feel like people are taking them way, way too seriously, they are causing endless amounts of confusion for people and contributing to swaycession. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ttc-...tml#post960045

I am getting pages (yes, literal pages, plural) of questions 2-3 times a week, from people going over every single thing in the stats looking for the magic bullet, and it is just terrible for pink sways in particular. There are NO MAGIC BULLETS.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...s-swaying.html
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ypothesis.html

I simply don’t have the time to spend begging, pleading, and cajoling person after person to do things the “atomic” way rather than going off the stats. I used to be able to, but as the site has grown, I no longer have the luxury of time to do so. Thus, without this intending to be in any way a criticism of the stats, I am going to take a closer look at them and hopefully express why, while they are interesting and a useful tool, it’s best to look at them primarily as for entertainment purposes only and not as the Ten Commandments of Swaying. They aren’t, and spending ages poring over them looking for some magic bullet that will guarantee you a daughter (or son) is a recipe for a failed sway. Perhaps not so much for blue swayers, but funnily enough I never HAVE blue swayers doing it, with the exception of one woman who was swaying for a second boy. Coincidence? As a result, this essay is going to be mainly targeted at the pink swayers with a couple shout outs to blue when the need arises.

-No one should be disappointed with the numbers we are getting.

A consistent 70% for blue (which keeps shooting up as high as 80% for months at a time) and 68% for pink average for all swayers is AWESOME. (Edited to add, 10-15-16 that blue results had dropped but still getting good results for pink - UPDATED again 1-3-17 our results for blue went back up to 70% range in 2017 so 2016 was a fluke, pink sways have stayed up all this time)

It’s amazing and no one should be disappointed with that (and several tactics are getting higher than that.) We are talking about altering the gender ratio from 50-50 (if it is in fact 50-50 for those of us with 2-3-4-5 or more of one gender already, which it almost certainly isn’t) with some easy to make, safe, changes that anyone can do. These are real people, real lives, real sways and not something so unbelievably complex that the majority can’t even stick to it and drop out. We are getting even better results with people who are doing certain sway tactics. If you cannot accept those numbers, if you think they’re too low and want/expect more from swaying, you need to seriously consider high tech because swaying cannot and will not ever be a guarantee. Anyone who claims higher success rates is lying or manipulating data to make their methods look more successful.

-We are not doing a scientific study here.

If this was an actual scientific study, we would be testing for ONE thing in isolation. We’d control for all possible variables and test one thing at a time. But people are not lab rats - everyone is doing dozens of things to sway meaning we can never know what things are really truly swaying and what are piggybacking on the success rates of other things. To illustrate, things like Chinese Gender Calendar and old wives’ tales like leaving a baby girl outfit under the bed are getting very similar success rates to what the overall results of the site are. But magic and mysticism don’t sway. It is coincidence, and this coincidence occurs in other things that aren’t so obviously hokey. Looking at the numbers for things like jellies and frequency reveals their rates of success are identical to the overall results for the site. Now it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t include them in a sway, particularly the first month or two, but these things are NOT something to rely upon. If it’s getting the same result as the successful sways as a whole, especially if the inverse is identical or worse than success rate, proceed with caution.

- Because we are not doing a study, we are not eliminating all variables, it’s not double blind with participants chosen at random.

SOME tactics tend to be used more by a certain group of people than others. This group may be more, or less likely to conceive a child of a particular gender than average. As an example of the former, Olive Leaf Extract for pink. It looks like it’s getting great results, BUT that very well may be because thus far I have recommended it mainly in men who had problems with sperm count or were on medication that reduced sperm quality (which may lead to more daughters conceived). I do think OLE is definitely something to look into and consider using in a sway, but I fully expect those numbers to drop considerably as more people begin including it (UPDATE 1-3-17 and just as predicted, results for OLE did indeed drop since I originally wrote this essay...still good results but no magic bullet).

This has already occurred with exercise and Clomid for pink - at first they seemed nearly magic bullets but as more “average” people included them, the numbers have dropped. As an example of the latter, many Custom Swayers are not able to do certain sway tactics because the majority of my Custom Swayers are people with medical conditions, on medication, or have fertility issues. I would not have been surprised had my Custom Swayers had lower results than the norm. Despite this, Custom Swayers are getting darn good results for both pink and blue - but that wasn’t necessarily what I expected to happen.

SOME tactics are used primarily or even ONLY by the strictest swayers. In our stats, it looks like douching is really effective. But it is misleading. I can promise you during my 3 years on the Ingender site that there were many women who were douching an incredible amount and getting opposites doing so. (on Ingender a few years ago, diet was not thought to be a very effective sway tactic and there were quite a few ladies who did not do diet, but relied solely on douching and timing for their sways). The at home high tech swayers on IG for pink got 50-50 results and they were using douches before and after intercourse and adding lime juice directly to their husband’s semen. For blue, the at home high tech swayers have often gotten identical results to what we on Gender Dreaming are getting without douching (additionally, in the early days of the Gender Dreaming site we saw terrible results for blue with douching and more miscarriages as well particularly where egg white was concerned). If we decided tomorrow that everyone should start douching, that number of successful sways with douching would drop like a stone. It looks effective because the ladies who used it were typically more strict in every aspect of their sways, not because it is going to work 80% of the time for everyone.

SOME tactics do not inhibit pregnancy and thus are kept in the mix longer. If you look at “ions” in the stats result, they look effective for pink, but I know from my time on Ingender that people on that site were doing more ion-related things (up to and including putting magnets into their underwear, wearing special menstrual pads that bombard their VJ’s with ions, and buying $300-500 devices that emit ions into the air 24-7 for months on end) than anyone on this site ever did, and getting opposites with it. One lady actually went into business selling ion gadgets and swayed for 2 years using them only to get an opposite.

People on the Gender Dreaming site are marking “yes” on the questionnaire for ions after wearing a bracelet a few times or using some lavender lotion. Anyone can keep this up for months at a time since it doesn’t inhibit pregnancy, and since longer on diet has been shown to be more effective for pink, it is my firm belief that any apparent success with ions for pink swayers is just a trick of statistics. If ya wanna include them (for pink, that is) that is entirely up to you (do NOT use ions for blue, because positive ions are bad for health and fertility). But do not rely on ions to be doing anything for your sway and above all else, do not rely on them in lieu of more effective sway tactics like diet.

SOME sway tactics are subject to the fertility factor. It is likely that a slight reduction/improvement in fertility for either or both parties of a couple that sways gender, so it may very well be the case that those people who are able to easily get pregnant swaying pink while doing lots of very strict sway tactics that most others have to drop in order to conceive, may be higher in fertility to begin with and thus more set for blue. I do not believe we all begin our sways with an identical chance of success, and it may very well be the case that this is skewing our results to some extent.

Those who are able to get pregnant with a pink sway in spite of very strict sway tactics (antihistamine, jump and dump, jellies, frequency, vitex/saw palmetto/peppermint tea) may just have had a higher chance of blue to start with than the person who had to drop everything except Olive Leaf Extract and “ions” to conceive. And for blue swayers, those ladies who had a tough time conceiving may just be more set for pink (and we in fact have seen a strong trend this way, with blue swayers who took a very long time to conceive getting more girls than those who got pregnant right away). So because I understand this principle, many things I recommend because biologically they seem like they should work, regardless of whether our numbers are reflecting that. Our numbers may be misleading.

SOME tactics have a huge range of how they could possibly be used and it’s entirely possible that people get different results based on the amount of a product they use or how much and when. Examples of this are coffee (I really believe that higher coffee intake sways pink, whereas moderate is neutral and it’s hard to distinguish without more data than our stats presently show - does “coffee” mean one cup, or ten??) and jellies. Similar to the fertility factor, if a couple use a teeny amount of jelly, it may not have been enough to sway - this could make some tactics look less effective than they actually are, simply because there’s such a wide variety of ways in which they can be used. Many things I recommend because biologically they seem like they should work, even if our numbers are not reflecting that at a particular moment in time.

SOME tactics are exclusively used with other, more effective sway tactics. In our stats, O+12 looks effective but I know from my time on Ingender that it’s firstly very difficult to get pregnant that way and secondly that tons of opposites have been conceived with O+12. But we’ve gotten great results with one attempt, regardless of timing. Since O+12 is done with one attempt, and the success rates are nearly identical, it is pretty clear to me that it’s the one attempt swaying and the O+12 is doing nothing.

-The statistics are not at all scientifically compiled.

Again this is not meant in any way as criticism, it’s just the nature of the beast. There are people who have gone away without ever officially updating their results (they just posted an ultrasound so I know what happened but it isn’t in the spreadsheet), people who never post a sway to begin with (many just message me privately), and even I myself just recently found out that it is up to every individual to update their results in the spreadsheet. If you aren’t in the spreadsheet, your results are not always included in the tally, even if you did an Add Your Sway.

I also know for a fact that the % success rate for IG Diet in our Blue Sway stats is wrong, we have gotten much higher results with HE Diet from the very start of the site, but we didn’t have a blue sway spreadsheet until fairly recently so a ton of IG Diet opposites from the early days are not included in that.

I WANT the numbers to be absolutely as accurate as possible and would LOVE if everyone who hasn’t already, enters their numbers into the spreadsheet. If we’ve added more info since you posted a sway (successful or not) then please update!! I can’t really do this myself because it’s unethical for me to do so, so we need YOU, ladies!!

So long story short - if it’s getting to the point where you’re obsessing over the numbers, take a step back and remember, these numbers are not magic, they’re not even the real number of successful sways on the site. They are simply people who were willing to take the time to fill in their data in the spreadsheet.

UNFORTUNATELY I have recently had a dismaying experience with a swayer who got an opposite and then subsequently has lied about some stuff that was in her sway plan, saying that I omitted or overlooked things that are clearly in the plan and had been discussed at length in the coaching forum. I also found out that this person lied in their questionnaire as well because some of the claims that were made after the opposite were not what was in the questionnaire. I did not choose not to call out this person publicly at the time even though I can verify it all in writing, because they were pregnant and I didn't want to upset them. I had hoped that no one would ever be blatantly dishonest in what they are telling others about Custom Sways, but apparently that is true in at least one case and possibly others. Again, these are self-reported stats and really not worth anything at all.

Additionally, many of the statistics are terribly small sample sizes. People message me in a panic about something in the sway stats that has a sample size of 5 or 10. With that small a sample size, it is entirely in the realm of possibility to have one lucky sway push an ineffective tactic bringing down identical results to the rest of the site, into something that looks like it’s super effective. Example, compressed frequent release, which I do not believe is swaying any more than the other frequency patterns for pink - which I no longer believe are effective tactics. It’s a small sample size and most people do CFR with one attempt (which has been effective) and so it is most likely that it’s the one attempt is what is swaying. The reason CFR has better results than one attempt is not because CFR is more effective than one attempt - it’s because one attempt is a good sway tactic and CFR has such a small sample size, that one lucky successful sway in that group is skewing the results. If that sway had gone the other direction, CFR would have the same results all frequency patterns do - disappointing and not worth the effort.

Among these tactics with very small sample sizes are a few things like cinnamon and myoinositol which are only for people with certain medical conditions, and aren’t suitable for the population as a whole. They’re also somewhat experimental. Not everything in the sway statistics is meant for anyone to try, some of them are quite specialized and/or things that I don’t have a good feel for yet. NO one should be doing every tactic and taking every item listed in the sway statistics.

- Studies, even well designed and excellent studies by reputable sources, get things wrong all the time and are barely even better than guesswork anyway.

Think about the myriad studies done on cancer, heart disease, autism - none of which have come up with any hard and fast reason about why these happen. These are multimillion dollar studies done by the best researchers in the field including hundreds of thousands of people and lasting for decades, yet even they cannot agree. Again, we are not doing a study, these numbers are what they are and we need to keep it in perspective about what they mean to us. Please don’t get your feathers ruffled over a sample size of 3, 13, or 30 people.

- That having been said, REAL studies, not to mention biological fact is worth way more than anything represented in our numbers.

Calcium for pink, has of late been getting better results than the overall stats of the site. This has led some people to believe that they should now include it in a sway. But OTHER, better data like the Oxford Study (which is a study done in nearly 800 people doing nothing to sway and so without the problematic nature of our swaying stats) show that higher intake of nutrients across the boards, including calcium and magnesium, sways BLUE, not pink. And biologically, the French Gender Diet claims of altering levels of calcium and magnesium in the human body are impossible and the whole thing is based on a faulty premise (that sea animals which reproduce in an entirely different way than people do and can actually turn from male to female, can tell us anything about how to sway gender in humans). I and several other people got our daughters without calcium after having failed sways where we were taking tons of it, and on Ingender, I saw tons of failed sways where people were following normal diets and just taking cal/mag and limiting sodium.

Calcium is not a magic bullet for pink, no way, no how. If it was, it would be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt now. Take it if you must, but be aware I think it sways blue and if it does sway pink occasionally for some people, it’s because megadoses of any nutrient are probably harmful in some way to overall health (calcium supplements have been linked to increased risk of cardiovascular disease). The French Gender Diet claims of X and Y sperm being attracted by ‘ions’ simply cannot be true because X and Y sperm DO NOT have different electrical charges.http://genderdreaming.com/forum/sway...m-y-sperm.html

And for the love of all that is pink and sparkly, do it as a part of an overall sway diet and DON’T just add calcium to your normal diet that you conceived boys while eating. And stay away from the Vitamin D, pink swayers.

-atomic, are you really saying that the stats mean NOTHING?

No, that’s not what I'm saying. I think they are incredibly valuable and any strong trends will jump out at us, which has already occurred several times. When something is swaying hard, it is glaringly obvious and cannot be explained in any other way, as was the case with probiotic, fiber, and one attempt. When something isn’t, it is not quite as obvious but does become apparent over time (jellies, antihistamine, frequency)

You have my personal guarantee (and anyone who has been here for a few months will testify to this) that as soon as I see a strong trend in a particular direction that I feel is not explainable in a different way, I IMMEDIATELY incorporate it into the sway advice that I give. I’ve done it several times. I want everyone’s sway to succeed and I go to great lengths to make that happen, but the stats are at times tricky and misleading and don’t always mesh with my greater experience. Since I’ve been at this for so long now, I have the benefit of being kind of an “eye in the sky” and there are many, many times that I think the best way is NOT always what the statistics seem to indicate.

I take tons of information into the recommendations I make, including actual scientific studies, things I witnessed on Ingender or in real llife, sways that were never publicly posted, the sway results of people swaying for the opposite gender, and I am NOT going to change the advice that I give in such a way to be inferior and produce lower success rates in some misguided attempt to make my advice mesh with the stats.

- Note about Custom Sways

Custom Swayers, the advice I give you in your sway plans trumps everything you read anywhere on the site. You don’t get any secret insider info but you do get what I believe will be the absolute best sway for YOU. This is not always going to mesh with the stats of the site. It would be a lousy and unpersonalized sway if it DID - would you really want me to just disregard everything else I have seen in researching gender swaying for the past 6 years and my own good sense just in order to keep my sway advice “matchy-matchy” with the stats thread??

Believe me, I am super motivated to get as many people as I can, their desired gender, in a healthy and sensible way. So please, pink swayers especially, if you’ve gotten a Custom Plan, please do not start poring over old sways and stats threads looking for a magic bullet that you believe I have somehow missed despite the fact that I have done little but ponder swaying several hours daily for the past 10 years (yes, really).

The Custom Plans for both pink and blue are getting as good or better as the overall success rates of the site despite the fact that many Custom Swayers have health and fertility challenges that actually limit the amount of sway tactics they can use. I think it’s at least partially because it removes the need to make plans individually. Pink swayers, it will make you “Martha” and blue swayers may find it overwhelming.

But that doesn’t work if people simply turn around and then put a ton of effort into doublechecking if I did your plan “right” and challenging me over every detail. If it isn’t in your plan, it’s because I didn’t think it was right for you. I’m happy to explain why that is, but it makes me very nervous to see Custom Swayers (and again, it’s typically the pink swayers who do this, not the blue) going over the stats with a fine tooth comb and interrogating me about every single thing in them and why it isn’t exactly what is in your plan. It undermines your sways and it’s not the best use of my time.

In the thread below I’d like to open it up to questions - if there is something in the stats you are curious about my take on it, or wonder why it is the way it is, please ask and we can discuss it.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

2. Likes Abifasc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for another fab essay Atomic! I do love reading them

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The stats are nothing to complain about in my opinion. I truly think you're onto something and the stats prove it. There is just no guarantee, just as with everything else in life. That is the chance that us swayers have to take. Thank you for the hard work you do!

successful boy swayer!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is great!!! I love reading your essay's!! I have never been a "big" reader til I started looking into what I can do to up my chances of having a baby girl. Thank you again for more awesome information!
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome job Atomic!!! I look forward to what the information is in 18 months if I decide to sway again!
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for taking the time write this atomic! I've gone through all of the stats and previous sways just out of curiosity because I am new to swaying. I think the numbers are great! Like you said, even the best sways will have opposites and I think that that's hard for people to realize because they want their little boy or girl so bad. This essay should clarify a lot.
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Love the essays as usual!!!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Like I've said before...I'm swaying for a girl but if it ends up being another boy I will know it was meant to be...thank you for everything you do!
    Mom to three princes (9) (8) (20 months)...hoping for a to complete our beautiful family. Come on and make yourself at home!!

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks makes total sense��

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for this Atomic. It's so interesting to see how us pink swayers really are so much alike. This essay was eye-opening.

Thanks for taking the time out to write it. It is just so perfectly said.
    Four Amazing Boys!

One Sweet Girl - Thanks to Atomic and GD!

One angel watching over us

Praying and swaying for another so that , hopefully, our daughter can have a sister.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast