Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Mentally preparing for swaying

We aren't planning on TTC for about a year. I'm just trying to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of an opposite. I have days where I think I'll cope fine, and others when I think my world will come crashing down. So just wondering how you all mentally cope with swaying and the internal dialogue you run which helps you cope
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For me I figured there are 2 scenarios in which I have a boy, one in which I swayed and one in which I decided not to sway. I felt like if I didn't sway and got a boy I'd wonder "what if" for the rest of my life. If I swayed and got a boy I'd be disappointed of course (but will love him to pieces once he's here!!), but at least I will never wonder "what if". For me knowing I did something helps me be more at peace with the possibility of having an opposite.
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all I think is if I don't try then its never going to happen. Swaying means it MIGHT happen and either way a baby is all good.
    2008 2009 2012 ttc 2014

BFP 19.10.14 it's a GIRL! Due Date 24.06.2015

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I felt like without swaying I would have like 80% chance of another boy, and even if I swayed and could only get to 75% chance, I would take it. Swaying really didn't add to disappointment for me though. I never thought of it as a surefire thing that would be bound to work if I only did it "perfect" enough. It was always just something to give me a better chance.

I really really wanted 5 kids though so that was easier for me than it would be for someone who only wants a girl.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though i did a laid back sway, helped along with my blighted ovum pg the month before (diet wise it gave me little to no appetite for 6-8 weeks) i believe the one attempt and far more laid back approach (i had given up on being able to sway properly) tilted the scales in my favour. If I'd not been on here i would most certainly have done lots of attempts and be having ds4. Obviously i was broken hearted over my loss and am so grateful it helped me get my dd. Will believe it when i see it tho! Xx
    Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_211 using Tapatalk
    OUR GENDER DREAMING SUCCESS!!
    BFP 11 dpo on FRER, ttc pink month 4, (following blighted ovum in February 2014) HB seen 6+0!!! WOW harmony test says GIRL 17/05/14 ... Please let it be true!!! Confirmed GIRL @ 30/05/14 / 16+1 gender scan!!
    Baby girl E arrived 30/10/14, our family is complete
    Thank you atomic
    2003 2007 2011 (IG "failed" sway, TTC#3 mc month 6, mc month 8, dropped all swaying month 11 - BFP!! Blessed with a gorgeous baby boy) due 13 November 2014

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ditto to what everyone said. I kept the same attitude
    5 Year old DS - The most amazing kiddo ever!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had to talk DH into having a third, so at this point I would rather have a third boy than not get a third baby at all.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It took me awhile to be ok with the possibility & dh even longer. We still don't want a baby, we want a daughter, but we both adored our little oops baby boy so much, we knew we'd love another boy if that's what fate gave us.

Because we want a daughter, not just a baby, we're willing to risk not having another baby at all to have a better sway (as Atomic reminds us older ladies, time is not on our sides). It took a long time, but we're at peace with getting a boy or no more babies if we've at least given having a better chance for a girl a really good try.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully I'll get there. I'm sure I would love another boy if that's what I got and DH is so relaxed about it all. He would like a girl obviously but he's willing to have up to 6 kids lol. (We've always said 4 though). I would just like one more really. I think that's manageable for us. I Never imagined that those 4 kids would all be boys. As cool as that would be I feel like I'm destined to be a bitter, twisted old woman if I don't have a daughter. Sounds silly really but I have no idea how to make this all go away and not be reminded every day . But if we don't try we have zero chance of our DG and this is definitely one of those instances where fortune favours the brave . Just wish I had known about Gender Dreaming swaying earlier. I did some reading on IG before we conceived DS3 but it just didn't sit right with me. It just all seemed too far fetched and extreme.

We've picked out a boys name which we've liked forever but haven't used so that makes me feel good. And I've been trying to do some of those things that I've only ever imagined doing with a daughter with my boys which is also helping
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016