Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please Help! Accidently did O-4 & Swaying Blue!

Hi ladies!
    Been at this for awhile now & am in desparate need of some advice.I "thought" I was ovulating on CD 17 (Sunday) & we dtd that night.dh had abstained since CD13.My cycle has been a bit wacky since my last miscarriage so when I got a dip & a small rise & a "high" not a peak on the CBD advanced I assumed I was ovulating.I assumed wrong!My temp went back down & I went back to my regular CBD tests & got a smiley first thing yesterday morning.CD21.We dtd last night & my temp spiked up this morning from 97.26 to 97.72 so I'm thinking I'm ovulating today.im soooo worried I'm gonna have a girl now because of my mistake.What are the chances of the sperm from CD17 being able to fertilize the egg?I know it sounds horrible but my dh didn't even really want to try again & said even if we did have a boy just the fact of having another regardless of gender outwayed his want for a boy.I cant even imagine his disappointment if we had another girl.Ive read sperm can survive for up to 7 days.My stomach has been in knots all day.oh please help.I'm in terrible need of advice
    Jan. 22 2008 7lbs 7oz Mar. 14 2011 6lbs 11ozs (my birthday gift &
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Okay, I'm trying to sway for a girl, so I can tell you my perspective of all the things you do to get a girl, and we can compare that to what you are doing/did to get a boy.

First, the timing thing has been pretty thoroughly debunked, so most pink swayers are not doing the O-3 or more days anymore because it just doesn't work or they are getting boys. It was the most successful at preventing women from getting pregnant at all. So the fact that you hit O-4 is probably most likely to produce a BFN for you this month. Obviously, there is a chance, but it's probably somewhat less likely.

Second, you are obsessing about this. This is a classic pink swayer thing to do, which of course, SWAYS BLUE!!!! All pink swayers are desperate to avoid being all "Martha" (ie. OCD swaycessive), because we are trying to avoid the Maternal Dominance Theory stuff because the more competitive/over analytical, etc... women are the more likely they are to have boys. Atomic has an article on it.... So the fact that you are being all OCD about this, is probably helping you boost those hormone levels and increase the odds of blue.

Third, if the only "sin" (this is tongue in cheek) in your sway was DTD too soon, then you probably had a pretty awesome sway, although, probably not likely to get preggo this month.

So, in my opinion, your sway is not ruined, it's probably not going to be successful this month, but if you do get a BFP, it's probably still a pretty good sway! Fingers crossed for BLUE for you!
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic always says timing dosnt sway so dont worry u didnt ruin ur sway.i agree with christi chances of getting pregnant with a 4day cut off is extremely slim.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    chances of getting pg 4 days before O are slim. Id' drop the timing for next month, we're pretty sure its been debunked anyway and you need more than one attempt to sway blue! I personally DTD every day through O for my "failed" sway.
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also did the deed every day around O when I got preggo with my son too. To be opposite of pink, I would definitely do it every other day during your fertile period which would be way anti-pink!
    Mom to (2013)
    Got pregnant swaying pink on our 3rd try.
    Fingers crossed for a on June 14, 2015

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thx so much guys! I needed that! I'm hoping my second attempt last night will seal the deal for blue.We may dtd tonight as well but since we dtd last night I wasn't sure if 2 nights in a row was too much? I'm trying to do the opposite of what I did with both dds.dd#1 we just had lots of sex at least 7 days in a row beforeO I took vitex & my diet was LE.dd#2 we dtd CD 15 17 19 21 LE diet.So this time around I have a really good HE diet which ive been on almost a year (have gained 10 lbs ugh)
    Have good Supp & dh so I'm hoping & praying.thx girls for the help!
    drug free water birth baby) Feb 2 2013 my surrogate bun 5 weeks 11/25/13.:9 weeks 5/9/14NOT giving up on my dream for

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know timing doesn't sway but I cant seem to get it out of my head! I think swaying this long has driven me straight to the looney bin!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not DTD everyday... that can sway pink. Not sure why you are worried about the O-4 as blue swayers are advised to have multiple attempts and to NOT abstain. If you do one O-4 attempt you could also do a O-2 and an attempt on O day. Just make sure you aren't doing too many attempts as that can sway pink and one attempt is swaying pink as well.
    Love my (2006) (2009) (2013) (2014)

THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!!!!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So we dtd again last night so its O-4 O-1 & O for our attempts BUT my temp has hovered around 97.2 for several days.two days ago it spiked to 97.72 & now today it went back down to 97.55.Today is CD23 & ive had watery/EWCM since CD16!!!.
    I'm wondering if something is wrong.Since my mc on 5/9 it seems like my body is having a hard time getting into the 98 plus degree range after I ovulate which I normally did without a problem before mc.idk what to do

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Timing doesn't sway. Sperm from 4 DBO have very low odds at the egg anyway.

Tons of us, myself included, got boys from long cutoffs (I did at least 2 times) and I would not even worry about it one iota.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast