Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy New here with a question for atomic sagebrush (or anyone!)

Hi everyone. I'm new here to this site, although I've read lots of your posts!

My history is that I have two little boys, and then we finally had a baby girl in 2012 who was stillborn due to doctor error. We were (and still are) completely devastated.

We swayed hard for a girl with DS2, and did pretty much no swaying at all for our DD because we weren't TTC because we didn't think we could have any more children (FSH on the higher side of normal, although my periods were still regular). I was still taking cranberry and calcium and vitamin c and prenatals because I took those anyway. Other than that, I didn't even change my diet - still ate potatoes, tomatoes, salt, etc. I pretty much ate what I wanted, although I didn't eat a whole lot back then (and still don't - my appetite isn't what it used to be!).

Anyway, what did seem to work for all three of my children was the biorhythms. Regardless of swaying or not swaying, diet or no diet, the biorhythms were correct. And, the thing is, when I researched it, they seem to work for almost everyone! I know that this is silly... and atomic, I have read your theories on why biorhythms have been debunked.... but if they are just silly nonsense, why do they seem to work for SO MANY PEOPLE!!!! ??? We have had two miscarriages since our daughter's death (and time is ticking - I am almost 41) and I'm really not sure we can even have any more... but we are still trying and I am a bit scared of TTC when our biorhythms are in the boy zone, since they were correct for our three children. What to do? I really don't want to skip months of TTC just because of biorhythms.... but it's hard to ignore the fact that every forum I have looked on about this has most of the posters say it was accurate.... or it was either accurate for all or opposite for all their children. Atomic, you have five children, is that right? What did the biorhythms say for yours? I know this all sounds silly but any input would be appreciated! Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by lovemysweeties; August 11th, 2014 at 09:37 PM.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping
    Proud mom of 3 lovely young ladies praying and swaying for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for bumping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First of all, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your devastation.

I am just going to add my 2 cents...you and I are the same age. I had a m/c in Oct 2012, doctor believes chromosomal abnormality. I have been trying since then to get pregnant. Time is not on your side and you don't have the leisure of waiting. The sperm must be waiting there when the golden egg pops out, and at your age the golden eggs are few and far between. You can't get your desired gender if you can't get pg.

For what it's worth, biorhythms were wrong for both of my kids. I got my son in a girl zone...I was following them but not putting anything into it.
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Anchor, for your thoughts. I am so sorry for your loss as well. It is very hard to overcome the grief. Losing our daughter has been incredibly difficult to bear. Even though it was two years ago I still feel it as though it was yesterday....

Thanks for your input. I agree that we really don't have time to waste. To be honest, I can't even believe I'm sitting here at 40 years old, trying to have another baby. I always thought I'd have all my children by the time I was 30. I guess life never turns out the way we think it will...

As far as the biorhythms go, it sounds like you are in the category of the opposites, if they were wrong for both of your children. I should really just forget about them, I know that. I suspect there were other factors at play when we conceived our DD. At the end of the day, even though I think swaying may help a bit, I think it's still pretty close to 50/50. I had a very low ph when we conceived our son and I did all of the sway factors, but he was still a boy - who I wouldn't change for the world! I was just really hoping to add a daughter to our family - one who is actually here with us... thanks again for your advice and baby dust to you!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so sorry for your losses, especially your sweet DD. I strongly urge you to TTC with every cycle and not buy into biorhythms because as someone who's been there TTC at 41, you never know when it's the last fresh egg in the carton and I would hate to see you skipping months on the basis of biorhythms.

They don't work for so many people. I have seen tons of threads and posts where they didn't work for people. I know tons of people devastated by biorhythms. The people who chime in are the believers, the rest of us don't bother (plus, never underestimate the fact that you have no way of knowing if what they say is even true - I know for a fact that different calculators yield different results and I"ve seen many people bounce from one to the other till they get the results they want)

They have been debunked in 134 studies. Invented by mental patient based on the idea that all women have 28 day cycles (untrue). Not sure what more I can say than that.

If the results were opposite for their children, that doesn't prove that they work - it proves that they DON'T WORK. There are tons of things in swaying where people are like, oh that didn't work for me, but that just means that I must be the opposite. No, if they don't work, it's because they don't work.

I am not going to take the time to figure biorhythms for my 5 kids. I decided that a long time ago and I'm sticking to that one.

In terms of swaying advice, I do not think the facts are in support of potatoes, tomatoes, and salt swaying blue and also got my daughter while eating them. Not eating a lot and being a bit more mature does seem to sway pink.

I would love to help you in any way I can, just not a believer in biorhythms.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thanks for bumps ladies

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I got a boy with a pH of 4.5. When I looked into the science of pH it did not add up. Be sure you're basing your opinion of swaying on the newer info instead of the same old same old warmed over stuff that hasn't worked for so many of us.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ph-pickle.html

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your reply, atomic! I really appreciate it. I know in my mind that the biorhythm thing is silly... it's just hard not to think about all these things! The reality with me is that it's likely that we won't even be able to conceive again, which is very hard to accept when I feel so strongly that there is another little one out there who is waiting to join our family. In any case, I do agree with you in that LE diet and the age factor probably makes a difference, and also the stress thing as well.

By the way, I just wanted to say congratulations on your five children - I am envious! I think you are probably a fantastic Mom and your children are lucky to have you! Thanks again....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast