Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Timing of one-time DTD and very bad cramps just AFTER ovulation???

I'm not sure where to put this post but I'm wondering if anyone has had very bad cramping after you think you've already ovulated? Almost every month, several hours after my cervix lowers/becomes more firm and closed and after my cm has turned mainly dry (sorry TMI), I get the worst cramping for about half an hour to 45 minutes. The day of O I usually feel a bit of pressure and my abdomen feels tender, but then I get these awful cramps - actually, it's like one big long cramp - and I literally have to stay curled up in a ball until they go away. It pretty much feels like a long contraction. Does anyone else have this? Why would it happen after I have probably already O'd? Could it be my fallopian tube/s pushing down the eggie? And, if I'm going to do one attempt at DTD, do I still do that when I get my first positive OPK (I usually O within 8-12 hours later), or should I count backwards from these cramps? I know that no one can really feel O exactly when it happens, but I'm just confused as to why I would feel these cramps after I think I have already O'd. Could there be something wrong? I just can't figure it out!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would still DTD at +opk. It takes the sperm up to 4 hours to reach the fallopian tubes and you want them ready and waiting there when the egg comes.

I have O pain, not cramps, for several days both before and after O so I really don't think the cramps are telling you exactly when you O. Maybe you have an ovarian cyst or something that's causing the cramping? The day after O this cycle I had really bad nausea, diarrhea, and severe lower back pain all day. I have no idea why, but I'm assuming it's related to hormones. At first I thought it may have been something I ate, but we had been at a wedding the night before and DH, me, and his parents all at the same foods and I was the only one having issues!
    Me: 35 years old. Was an infant nanny and birth and postpartum doula. Now a full time SAHM.
    DS1: Aug 2003 (my first home birthed water baby!)
    DS2: May 2009 (my second home birthed water baby!)
    Oct 2014
    July 2016: Laproscopic surgery to remove a ping pong ball sized endometrioma on left ovary and 3 pea size fibroids on outside of uterus. Hysteroscopy to remove one larger "penetrating fibroid" inside uterus.
    Oct 2016: Heartbroken after DH's vasectomy. Looks like my dreams of a daughter are gone.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I've heard when you ovulate some fluid is released with the egg and It takes some time for your body to reabsorb it and can cause some swelling and pain, not sure how intense the pain is though. Maybe it is a cyst? I've had one and t was a long painful cramp, not like period cramps that can come and go. Hope that helps and good luck catching the egg!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Based on very detailed charting (observing my BBT, CM, and cervix daily) I have noticed that often I O AFTER my CM has turned creamy and my cervix has turned infertile. My worst O pain usually coincides with when O happens, and again, that's often after I stop seeming fertile. So I would guess you are feeling O pain, but as has been said, O pain can be misleading. Regardless, I wouldn't be worried since the pain is normal for you. My O pain is severe too.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I have HORRIBLE pains at ovulation and they seem to happen all points relative to O. I have definitely had things that felt like muscle cramps after ovulation. It may be the tubes cramping or may be some other thing entirely - the follicular fluid released with the egg can hit internal organs and has been proven to cause pain for people.

It is not abnormal at all to have pain before, during, and after ovulation. Totally normal.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    Based on very detailed charting (observing my BBT, CM, and cervix daily) I have noticed that often I O AFTER my CM has turned creamy and my cervix has turned infertile. My worst O pain usually coincides with when O happens, and again, that's often after I stop seeming fertile. So I would guess you are feeling O pain, but as has been said, O pain can be misleading. Regardless, I wouldn't be worried since the pain is normal for you. My O pain is severe too.
    it is not at all unusual for there to be a big rush of EWCM 1-3 days prior to ovulation that then dries up before O ever occurs. ANd the opposite can happen - the month I conceived my daughter I didn't have much EWCM in advance but then it went on for a couple days after O and my day of ovulation was confirmed by ultrasound so I know it for a fact. I was really discouraged that month because I felt like I had BD too far in advance!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, thanks ladies, that really helps... and I'm so glad I'm not the only one with bad O pains - or whatever they are! It's so hard to figure these things out sometimes! We only BD'd one time in my fertile window this month and it was about an hour after the bad pains, so I think I'm out for this month... but next month I think we'll BD every four days and then once at first positive OPK... and then cross our fingers! Thanks again girls!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You cannot tell when you ovulated on the basis of O pain or anything else. It's simply bad information spread by ladies who are desperate for their DG. So you may still be in with a good chance this month.