Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting.

I'm curious about the autoimmune issue, because I would have guessed it would sway pink if you look at declining maternal condition?

Not that anyone should go untreated, obviously, just to sway, but I would've thought an undiagnosed condition would sway more pink than blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it depends on the condition. PCOS sways blue. And I'm wondering if hypothyroidism does as well. I've had it since I was 12, but only finally got a dr. to treat me about 3wks before I conceived ds4 because my TSH is "normal" (fyi TSH is a TERRIBLE way to determine thyroid issues, Free T3 is far better).

As for aspartame, I think all artificial sweeteners taste terrible and they actually make dh sick, so we try to avoid them as much as possible. It is HARD finding sugar free & artificial sweetener free flavoured drinks (dh has type 1 diabetes).

I was debating adding a bit to my sway, but I really, really think it's very toxic & can't convince myself it's worth it. One reason I left InGender was the insane amounts of aspartame. And if it possibly sways boy for some people for whatever reason? Yikes!
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting . Maybe we could start separating it out in the stats and track it for a while. I may have some time in a couple of months (we are moving soon).

Blueeyedguys I was just wondering about thyroid hormone swaying the other day. I have a friend with hyperthyroid (has been for years) and I thought she seems soooooo blue friendly - she has 2 girls and 1 boy.
    Very blessed with

Due 24th March 2016

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Most autoimmune diseases (Type one diabetes and MS are the exceptions that pop into my head here) sway blue, of that I am well and truly convinced. On that, I"ve seen a very strong trend. I"m not convinced that aspartame causes it to flare up, that was just a guess. I think it could sway blue for other reasons, that was just supposition.

Declining condition means something a bit different than autoimmune. With autoimmune stuff you are almost in TOO good a condition - your immune system is hyperactive, hypervigilant. When I'm sick, my eczema gets a lot better. A lot of people with autoimmune stuff also have PCOS which again, is like being in too good a condition - too many hormones, almost too fertile. There is a continuum where people have PCOS on one end and then declined condition leading to hypothalamic amenorrhea on the other. Blue, to pink.

I doubt small amounts of aspartame sway hard in either direction (always doubted that) I am thinking of the people who are doing the totally insane amounts. We don't have many on here but I know some ladies are "IG refugees"...
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The thyroid stuff and swaying has been a matter of very great debate. I personally think there is a bit of coincidence coming into play because Hashimoto's is so strongly linked to PCOS, that many people have or know someone who has Hashimoto's and all boys and they are like a-ha, thyroid must sway blue. But I have seen tons of all girl moms with both hyper and hypo and so I am not sure that's a for-real deal or just coincidence (as in, a lady that has a sluggish thyroid may tend to diet strictly and have girls despite being on balance "set" for boys)

AGAIN, can't say strongly enough how this is entirely speculation on my part - would love to have an army of grad students at my disposal to sort thru some studies for me.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drank a LOT of soda when I got pregnant with both girls. Normal Coke. I have always been anti-aspartame. (Now I am anti all soda lol) but I truly believe that any woman TTC should not be drinking that toxic stuff. Beyond swaying, we have to focus on a healthy baby and that stuff is just no good at all.

My SIL who has 2 boys drinks diet drinks religiously. She eats a very boy friendly diet, is slightly overweight, but does buy into the diet soda thing.

I had a LE diet with both girls, but I would go through the drive-thru and grab a large coke almost daily before I ran errands and it was like a "meal" for me. I also didnt use any sugar-free coffee creamers or get skinny coffee drinks..always normal sugar.
    *2009* *2012* hoping to add a BOY.

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And the thyroid issue is a blur. I know so many mom's who have all of one gendered who have thyroid issues. Which is strange...I do wonder if hypo sways one way and hyper sways another. One mom friend has 3 girls and is pn thyroid meds and another mom friend has 4 boys who is also on thyroid meds
    *2009* *2012* hoping to add a BOY.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have never been a diet anything drinker or soda.. Never drank CL til starting my sway for a girl. I have 3 boys . DH always told me the bad about aspartame so I avoided it, til now lol
    8/06 DS, 4/11 DS, 6/13 DS, Swayed for a GIRL & am expecting TWINS!! A & A EDD 8/15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it could. I drank tons of diet coke. and in the coffee I put sweets. I've got at least 3 auto-imune diseases. so that counts up as well. and got 3 boys. I don't drank diet coke in about 2 years leading up to this baby. I drank some other drink though. but not as much as the diet coke and also the coffee was less then before. I hope it helped with the sway.

I am hypo thyroid. and got 3 boys. but also know one lady who has 2 girls.
    I know one hyper thyroid person who has 2 girls.
    but we saw on the forum that the hypo thyroid tends to have more boys.

I prolly dieted lots all my life. I was slightly over weight with my first and (this baby) with the second I had a real good weight (low carb diet and lots of walking and being treated for thyroid after 13 years of not diagnosed) But just let diet go a bit in the month i conceived not knowing sway tactics.
    third son I didn't believe in the sway tactics I knew since I've used them with ds2. (low ph douche timing hot bath etc)
    so we just go for it. couple weeks prior to conceiving I tried running and got injured so after one month of running I couldn't walk properly for 3 weeks. can't help but think this went hand in hand with getting boys.

I had a tooo weird diet thought. (low call but it would change too much even very strict dieting would not let me lose any weight. )
    Last edited by sweetdream; August 28th, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
    Mom to

THX Atomic and gender dreaming forum/members. For your knowledge and support to make our dream come true and family complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest_Complex View Post
    And the thyroid issue is a blur. I know so many mom's who have all of one gendered who have thyroid issues. Which is strange...I do wonder if hypo sways one way and hyper sways another. One mom friend has 3 girls and is pn thyroid meds and another mom friend has 4 boys who is also on thyroid meds
    Yes exactly, this is me too. I see lots of one/mostly gendered families with thyroid stuff (both hypo and hyper) but it really seems to be pretty evenly split so I have that in my "things to watch" brainbox. thanks for sharing observations

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast