Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    An old work mate of mine has thyroid issues. She has a boy and a girl. She did have the thyroid issues sorted but I'm not sure if that was between kids. There isn't much of an age gap between the kids so I don't think so.
    Last edited by Boysway; August 28th, 2014 at 12:43 PM.
    '01 model (my baby girl forever 5mths '02 model)
    '05 model '10 model '15 model

My gender dreaming success arrived safe July 2015. He is a complete dream come true and an absolutely beautiful little boy.

A huge thank you to Atomic for all her encouragement when I was up against things out of my control and ready to chuck it in. I can never thank you enough. Thank you also to all the other knowledgeable and ever supportive ladies that have helped and encouraged me. I truly believe my dream would not have come true without this site, my boy gender plan and the incredible love and support.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/trying-conceive-boy/27056-he-diet-faq.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    None with ds1
    Loads with ds2
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm with Lilith. I avoid aspartame religiously, along with trans fats. I don't think they are safe in any amounts. Sucralose/Splenda is fine, though, IMO.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by blueeyedguys View Post
    I think it depends on the condition. PCOS sways blue. And I'm wondering if hypothyroidism does as well. I've had it since I was 12, but only finally got a dr. to treat me about 3wks before I conceived ds4 because my TSH is "normal" (fyi TSH is a TERRIBLE way to determine thyroid issues, Free T3 is far better).

As for aspartame, I think all artificial sweeteners taste terrible and they actually make dh sick, so we try to avoid them as much as possible. It is HARD finding sugar free & artificial sweetener free flavoured drinks (dh has type 1 diabetes).

I was debating adding a bit to my sway, but I really, really think it's very toxic & can't convince myself it's worth it. One reason I left InGender was the insane amounts of aspartame. And if it possibly sways boy for some people for whatever reason? Yikes!

I too was hypothyroid with both boys ( both failed sways) I went Undiagnosed for YEARS bc docs only tested TSH. When I finally got a doc who tested free t3 and t4 it was dangerously low. I'm feeling great on naturethroid now and hoping it helps get pink!!!
    2010 2012 2015--home water birth VBA2C!!
    praying for one last

5. Likes blueeyedguys liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by carmella_marie View Post
    I too was hypothyroid with both boys ( both failed sways) I went Undiagnosed for YEARS bc docs only tested TSH. When I finally got a doc who tested free t3 and t4 it was dangerously low. I'm feeling great on naturethroid now and hoping it helps get pink!!!
    I'm so glad you're doing better! Un/under treated hypothyroidism is something I wouldn't wish on anyone.
    2001 2005 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    I'm with Lilith. I avoid aspartame religiously, along with trans fats. I don't think they are safe in any amounts. Sucralose/Splenda is fine, though, IMO.
    I had a horrible reaction to Splenda so I'm not a fan of it, personally.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What kind of a reaction? I don't consume much splenda bc it's much too sweet for me as it is used in most products. I prefer less sweet like glucose or xylitol. But I can at least say that from a chemical perspective, splenda seems stable and safe, and the research on it doesn't worry me. But it might not sway at all (beyond indirectly, if used in place of caloric sweeteners) simply bc it IS safe.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting line of thought. I conceived my first son drinking far, far too much diet soda. I also had an undiagnosed autoimmune issue. HOWEVER, the rest of everything was "how to conceive a boy 101." Lol. Gaining weight, occasional exercise each week at random times, sex every 2-3 days, snacking and maintaining blood sugar, etc, etc. So, it's hard to really say if the diet drinks had a part in that. (Oh, but he was a BC baby, which I believe sways pink, so there's that).

My second son we had JUST begun treating the autoimmune disorder. Like, the week we conceived him we realized the problem and went to medication. I drank some diet soda, but nothing excessive. I wouldn't say my diet or pattern was particularly girly or boyish in terms of diet, timing, etc. Just some of each.

My daughter, we had actively been treating the autoimmune condition for over a year. I drank pretty little diet soda/aspertame with her. And we swayed girl. Not an overly aggressive sway though.

This baby, again, actively treating the autoimmune disorder, light pink sway. Not sure what the outcome is. I did probably consume slightly more diet drinks before conceiving this child. I was "burning the candle at both ends" this time and had some personal issues going on. I know I relied on soda and coffee to get me through.

I wonder if you might be onto something with the autoimmune and aspertame though. I know my dad has an autoimmune is very sensitive to aspertame. Now, not necessarily linked, I also know a gentleman who has Lupus and can't tolerate diet soda.

I'm not a huge fan of aspertame, but, unfortunately, I love diet soda. I hate the taste of regular soda. How backwards is that?! I'd be curious as to the link between these things, if any. Although the only child I can say I drank aspertame to excess was my first son.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

10. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by maidentomother View Post
    What kind of a reaction? I don't consume much splenda bc it's much too sweet for me as it is used in most products. I prefer less sweet like glucose or xylitol. But I can at least say that from a chemical perspective, splenda seems stable and safe, and the research on it doesn't worry me. But it might not sway at all (beyond indirectly, if used in place of caloric sweeteners) simply bc it IS safe.
    It gave me insomnia, panic attacks and heart palpitations. Never had a panic attack before or since. I realized I was waking up feeling fine, then drinking my mid-morning tea with splenda, feeling terrible for the next several hours, then starting to feel better around dinner time, then having an herbal tea with splenda, ending up having a panic attack at bedtime and unable to sleep for several hours. When I dropped the Splenda, it went away and never came back (evne tho I still continue to drink both tea and herb tea)

I know that chemically it doesn't look like it should do anything, but when I accidentally eat something that has splenda in it (which happens from time to time since it's included in more and more things) I immediately start to feel very weird and strange. IT's not a coincidence or in my mind, either, because it has happened with things that I have safely consumed before such as v8 splash and Lipton green tea when they added splenda to them suddenly and without my notice. IT's also in one flavor of rice cake and I had eaten all the other flavors of rice cakes with no issue and then reacted only to the one with the Splenda in it (and again, I did not read the label prior to eating it)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks jenn1112 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow, that's awful - but also fascinating. I don't think it's in your head at all. Halogenated substances are often psychoactive/neuroactive (halogens are highly reactive & most antidepressants are halogenated) and sucralose is tri-chlorinated, so there is probably a clear biochemical basis for your reaction. Most likely certain receptors of yours are slightly different from most people's, just enough that they partially bind with sucralose, producing those unpleasant side effects. It could be genetic, so I'd warn your kids if you haven't already.

My Ovulation Chart

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast