Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

hypothetical aspartame thread

UPDATE 12-13-17 In the three years since I wrote this post fewer and fewer people have used aspartame for pink and our results are higher than ever. I really think that the aspartame is doing nothing at best and may even be undermining sways when ingested in the massive amounts that other sites recommend. Please be sane and sensible about aspartame intake, no more than 2-3 servings a day of 12-16 oz. each, which is the amount approved by the FDA as safe when pregnant (so it has to be safe when TTC!)

Ok, for starters let me just say this very clear - this is a hypothetical question only and I do not want anyone to change anything about their sway on the basis of this. And PLEASE please if we could avoid the thing where 10 dozen people message me asking if they should use/not use aspartame on the basis of this thread, I would really appreciate it. The reason why I ask is because I DON'T KNOW and want to hear your guys' opinions.

just wondering if anyone else has noticed this trend - does anyone else think aspartame could possibly be swaying BLUE? THe reason I ask is because back on IG, you may recall people were getting boys drinking tons of it (and honestly I cannot recall a single successful sway using the massive amounts, but I may just be suffering from selective recall there) and I feel like some pretty good sways produced opposites and a fair number were people who I felt were hitting it too hard on the aspartame. I got my 4th boy using it and my girl without it (and I have been diagnosed recently with an autoimmune disease myself and I almost certainly have had it for many years including when I swayed with my 4th boy!)

I wonder about the trend that I have suspected where moms with autoimmune stuff seem to have more boys, and IF as some say, aspartame may aggravate autoimmune stuff, could it be POSSIBLE that some of us prone to autoimmune disease are undermining our sways with aspartame? I DO know that there are a lot of non-sway girl moms who use it all the time (you know the super thin workout moms who drink diet coke all day) but maybe it's something that only affects people who are prone to autoimmune stuff??

I would love to hear people's observations or thoughts on this.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 13th, 2017 at 12:20 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    remember, everyone used to think probiotics were super good for pink too!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm, good question. I know Aspartame has been in my diet prior to conceiving all of my boys. Granted the first two were typical boy-sway diets with lots of snacking, whereas ds3 was conceived on the rebound from a uber-strict LE sway. With the first two I drank a pint of strong sugar-free squash everyday. With ds3 it was in the fat-free yoghurts that I ate & I also drank diet Pepsi. I have no autoimmune issues either. Perhaps it is the way it interacts with a propensity towards autoimmune issues or perhaps it interacts with body chemistry? I read a book about how losing weight releases toxins that are stored in fat cells and how constant yo-yo dieting can be really harmful as these toxins make their way back into your system. I'm not sure how Aspartame as a chemical could sway blue, but it's very interesting nonetheless

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Dreamofpink; August 27th, 2014 at 04:14 PM.
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drank some CL prior to ds1, not gallons or anything, but I would keep it around the house. Then I was hearing so much negative about aspartame, I pretty much removed it from my life. I occasionally chew sugar free gum, but that is the only source of it for me. So with CL, I had a boy, and without aspartame, boy, boy, girl, boy, boy. That's probably not helpful at all, sorry. I should add, no autoimmune issues at all.
    Last edited by usuallywrite; August 27th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
    '00, '03-'13 , '06, '09, '11, '13
    Hoping for one last

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never used any kind of aspartame when I had my girls, I drank regular soda. when I conceived my son I would occasionally have a diet pepsi if I was craving soda, and sometimes I had crystal light if I was sick of all the water I was drinking. It was not tons of aspartame by any means, but it was more than when I had my girls.

I don't have any auto immune diseases, but DH does, he has ulcerative colitis
    Last edited by dloui128; August 27th, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

2007 2008 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I drank loads of normal Pepsi/coke with my two boys.never would have thought of touching the stuff.I started drinking diet a few year ago when starting weight watchers and since swaying hardly ever touch Pepsi or cola if its not diet
    8 12 2014 wishing and praying for a

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never ever had aspartame or other artificial sweeteners when I conceived my son. Since swaying I have started having a maximum of 500 ml diet coke a day - not for swaying but to tame my hunger between meals

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    On the other side of the aspartame fence here! I hadn't touched it at all for about 10 years prior to my pink sway (have two boys aged 5 & 3) but when swaying for our daughter I included diet coke, aspartame sweetener, diet yoghurt etc. into my daily diet.. In saying that I also literally halved my cals, protein and fat intake to sway (for 8 months) so that could have been more of a "sway" then the addition of aspartame.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I was always conscious of my weight when I fell pregnant with my DDs, so of I was ever fighting off a craving id be drinking diet soda to 'fill me up' or a skinny latte. I stopped any type of soda before TTC this time.
    DD 2011
    DD 2012
    2014 TTC
    DS due 2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I conceived all my boys avoiding aspartame like the plague. Seriously, the stuff scares me. For my DD's sway, I took the Target brand of fiber supps with aspartame in it daily (probably a small amount,) and all the other fake sugars I took were sucralose (Splenda.) Interesting thought! I hope aspartame can be taken out of the pink sway. It's gross and I don't trust it.
    My Gender Dream came true, my family is complete!

2007 2011 2014

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast