Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Pregnant with hypothyroidism

Ok, it appears from the FRER hpt I took this morning at 12DPO that I am pregnant. I'm scared to death though because in mid-June I was diagnosed w/ hypothyroidism. My TSH levels weren't through roof or anything but higher than the average. I had them start me on .50 (instead of .25 so they could go up or down) of the meds and I won't be able to get another blood test until mid-August. My cycles were back on track shortly after taking the meds which prior to that AF was starting very early.

Has anyone found out after they were pregnant that they had hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism and did you have any pregnancy problems or issues w/ DC. I understand that your thyroid being off can cause m/c, brain development issues and others.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs
    DS#2 died day of his birth 12/15/10

Praying and swaying for a precious baby boy but being blessed with a instead

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    don't have any advice about the hypothyroidism, but congratulations on your BFP! hope the doctor can reassure you or give you other medications

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My close friend had hypothyroidism through 2 pregnancies- 1 being a twin pregnancy. No issues at all. I really hope that everything goes smoothly for you~ And a big congratulations to you!! xo
    Crunchy Mama to 3 rambunctious boys~ '06 :bike: '08 '10

Our beautiful is here!!

Felina Lilyanne was born at home ~ 4/12!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congrats on your pregnancy! I had weird thyroid issues with my last pregnancy (ended up having a nodule and having 1/2 my thyroid removed after the baby was born) and my baby is totally fine. 15 months old now and smart as a whip.

I have a friend who has low thyroid function (is that Hypo or hyper? I get them mixed up) and she is on meds. Synthroid I think? She has 3 smart, healthy kids.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The worst condition of abnormal thyroid hormones is euthyroid which is an auto immune (I think) but usually hypothyroidism is not an issue they should keep increasing ur dosage in early pregnancy and then u will be just fine , happy and healthy 9 months
    2006 2010
    baby boy is here 06/26/2013 after 2 IVF cycles 1 FET

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks everyone, I wish I knew that these things could happen while ttc and not having your thyroid levels correct. I would much rather be jumping for joy right now. I just pray for a healthy baby. I know that if you have hypothyroidism and your levels are actively controlled my meds then it's fine, my issue is if my levels aren't fine and I'm pregnant. I know there is nothing I can do about it except pray and give thanks, just scary.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I understood well you are already on meds? No need to worry then huni, your condition is under control they might just adjust your medication dosage

Hypothyroid conditions sway blue FX for healthy sticky blue bean
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From my understanding as long as you are under medication, it is just fine (and it's very likely that early in pg it wouldn't matter even if you hadn't been on the meds at that time, because the baby needs very little from you at first.)

Wishing you all the very best for a H and H 9 months and peace of mind. (((hugs)))
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Likes motoguser1999 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Zivic-Bubac View Post
    If I understood well you are already on meds? No need to worry then huni, your condition is under control they might just adjust your medication dosage

Hypothyroid conditions sway blue FX for healthy sticky blue bean
    I have been on .50mcg of the meds for 5 weeks this Thursday. I was on it a little over a week then before getting pregnant. It is supposed to take 6-8 weeks to start working and being able to take another blood test. I sure hope that everything is OK and will just have to wait it out I guess.
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    From my understanding as long as you are under medication, it is just fine (and it's very likely that early in pg it wouldn't matter even if you hadn't been on the meds at that time, because the baby needs very little from you at first.)

Wishing you all the very best for a H and H 9 months and peace of mind. (((hugs)))
    Thanks Atomic, I know that the 1st trimester is the most important since after that, the babies have their own thyroid. However, I don't know w/ only being >a month along how important it is. I just pray I'm on the right dosage and have been on long enough for it to be OK. I go in this week for a early thyroid test and blood pregnancy test ordered by my OB but haven't heard back from my GP yet. I informed them both of my + hpt over email. It would be so nice if the pregnancy c/b a bit more worry free. I would've held off ttc if they would've told me the risks. Just stinks and i was hoping to hear some + stories to ease my mind a bit. We'll keep prayingl Thanks so much!
    16yrs 7yrs & 4yrs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast