Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I never noticed having O pain until my first clomid cycle when I conceived DS1. My O pain is more of a tender feeling around my uterus or ovaries (I am not exactly sure where everything is located ). I have had it in non medicated cycles too and it varies in painfulness. The clomid cycle I did last year was very painful and the ones this year were ok. It lasts a few days and is most painful on O day.

Although it is painful it is handy in knowing when I am ovulating

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I love to keep the old threads going. That way we have more informative threads that answer people's questions without having to loook and look thru 50 short unhelpful threads.

Girliecat, that is how it was with me too. I never had it as a young girl/woman, and then it came on gradually over time, starting with my first memory of it when I was about 24-25ish. I suspect that it would have for you as well, but you were on the pill and it prevented it. It is not fun, my advice is to pop an ibuprofen as that can kind of quiet down the pain enough to deal with. One ibuprofen should not be enough to delay or stop O, but if you're worried about that, just don't take it on O Day. I find ibuprofen works much better than Tylenol as there may be some inflammation involved and Tylenol doesn't help inflammation. I can function through it most months but occasionally it's nice to just take the edge off of it.

Not everyone has worse O pain on Clomid. Some people actually find it improves. The body is weird.

So many women I have spoken with experience it somewhere on the continuum. I believe it to be totally normal (and it certainly is for me, as well) I had an ovarian cyst once and it was def. a different, more urgent kind of pain and got my attention. The thing you must be aware of, is that doctors LOVE to treat you for totally normal things, so you very well could go into your doctor, they'd test you for 9 million things and scare you terribly and then come out of it with no diagnosis anyway (and this I know because enough people have seen the doctor for it.) My pains are on the extreme end of all the people I've ever spoken with and I don't have PCOS, have extremely regular cycles, and have gotten pregnant easily 5 times (actually 6 but lost one) so I do not find it to be correlated at least for me. Now, of course some people may have a different experience and have some other problem occuring at the same time, but I see no cause and effect where Mittleschmertz, even quite severe, is indicative of anything bad or dire at all.

You don't need to pinpoint O. I know it's a scary notion, but there is no need to do that. Just have an attempt at positive OPK. Even with temping, it's not infallible, and I just see very little point to doing that since timing doesn't sway anyway.
    Oops, I totally found this thread after making me own -- my bad!

I'm glad I found this, too. I think that's what threw me off... so many things online or in medical sources say, "Don't ignore ovulation pain" or "pain at ovulation isn't normal." But my uterus and ovaries have been as inspected as they can be lol!

Thank you for this thread, I'm so sorry I didn't see it sooner when I was working myself into a tailspin!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No worries at all! I was glad to help.

There is this really frustrating dichotomy where doctors will pathologicalize (that's a word, right?) normal things and then turn around and act like things that are not at all normal, are totally not even worthy of investigating. That's why we have so much frustration historically with doctors overtreating for fibroids and tipped uterus and ovulation pain, but at the same time, people are going in not ovulating for months and having short LP's or recurrent losses and doctors are like "let's just wait and see what happens in a year" . Drives me batty.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

6. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just noticed this thread!

Glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. I only started getting ov pain since the birth of DS#4 nearly five years ago. My lower abdominal/pelvic area is very tender for about 4-5 days leading up to and including ov day. This coincides with EWCM and very sore nipples while breastfeeding too.

successful sway 2017
    successful sway 2019
    baby girl #3 due mid 2023

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123