Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ectopic Pregnancy TTC- Posting for a friend

If any of you had an Ectopic pregnancy but still has one fallopian tubes I have a question for you.
    My friend is experiencing extreme pain on the side the tube was removed but this is for the past 2 years.
    She has been told it has something to do with ovulation and maybe scar tissue. Does anyone have any the same condition or experience this pain, and may have some advice to give to her? She is going to get a hysterogram to check her tube to see if there is any scar tissue there, but what can be causing all this pain? All the pain started after the ectopic pregnancy and it never went away. Last month it was so bad she had to go the hospital. She told me she has had a cyst since 2004, so she does not think that is the cause of her pain. She had a son 7 years ago, but at the age of 5 she lost him to a heart condition that is genetic. My heart goes out to her. She then 2 years later had an ectopic pregnancy and then, she ended up getting a divorce because her husband cheated on her! She now moved to the states last March and luckily has a new boyfriend and she wants a baby she is 35 years old. I figured even though I haven't been on this site in forever!! I was thinking maybe if any of you have gone through an ectopic pregnancy and can explain to me why she is experiencing pain monthly when her ovulation comes and if there is anything she can do to stop this pain. Since she did have this cyst which she was told it didn't need to be removed, and she always had very bad pain during her menstrual cycles. IVF is not an answer for her since she does not have insurance! She is not from here but she has a working visa. Please let me know if you have any advice I can give to her. I feel bad because she is suffering and all the doctors told her to do is to take motrin!

Thanks in advance girls!!
    Last edited by GT77; October 29th, 2014 at 08:05 PM.
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh what a heartbreaking story!! God bless her.

I suspect that when she ovulates, firstly the follicular fluid that is released with the egg, is going into her abdominal cavity and causing pain. Normally most of it goes down into the tube but since she doesn't have one, it just goes out into the abdomen and it hurts. Secondly, I suspect that whatever is left behind from the surgery, still behaves according to hormones and cramps and hurts worse than normal because it's not all there any more, and additionally without the tube her ovary may be less protected and it's tender around ovulation and that causes pain.

I do think she may need another opinion on the cyst. Just leaving a cyst indefinitely is not something I've ever heard of before, I know when people have cysts they can inhibit ovulation and know of several people who have had them aspirated (removed with a needle).

All that having been said, I too have HORRIBLE horrific ovulation pain. Almost every month nowadays and I have moments every month where I think "this can't be normal, something is wrong, if this gets any worse I am going to the hospital" even though I know it's normal for me and it has happened for almost 20 years off and on. Then CD 14 rolls around and it vanishes just like flicking off the light switch. So for people who aren't as knowledgeable about them, they can be very scary. So it is possible that she may just be getting worse O pain because of what I mentioned above and that it is still normal. Def. have them look into the cyst if possibly tho.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your response. The scary part is and I feel bad for you as well, but she has the pain each month and besides pain medication so there is nothing she can do? Will she be able to get pregnant again not via ivf? I am going to tell her leaving a cysts isnt a good thing i think the cyst isn't acting up but maybe is small so doctors didn't pay much attention to it. But she said she had cysts since 2004 and nothing but the pain is only from the side she had the operation on. Is there nothing that can be done, people who have this are supposed to suffer in pain for the rest of their lives?
    March 17, 2011 Mommy to my handsome son
    May 22, 2014 Mommy to my beautiful daughter

Dreams can come true!!
    Swayed for a girl using Clomid and it worked!

I wanted to thank Atomic & GD for being so supportive & guiding me via emails daily through my sway! I could of not of done it without you Atomic!! I feel like the luckiest girl in the whole wide world!! Thank you so much!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If the pain is O pain, then there really isn't anything TO do. If it's related to something else, then there could be treatments but I just don't have the info to be able to know about that. Like I mentioned above, I think that having the tube removed might make the O pain worse, but if it's O pain then it's just O pain and nothing really can be done about it other than medication. Some of us just have it really bad. The treatment would basically be to go onto medications that suppress her ovulation and then she will not be able to have a child.

I can't tell you if she'll be able to get pg again. Again, I just don't have that type of info.

I'm not saying that leaving the cyst is good, bad, or otherwise - just that I'd get another medial opinion on that because I know tons of people who have had them removed (and it's not that bad a procedure really) and it may be something that could help on both fronts.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ