Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Tv show couples all have boys

This is something that I have found really interesting. There is a tv show in Australia that is called the block. It's basically a highly stressful house renovation show that couples have to renovate run down appartments and houses from scratch in very short periods of time. They have to be assertive, work long hours and boss a lot people around. They can be very competitive and takes a certain type of person to do this show.

So every single couple who has gone to have babies after being on this show has had a baby boy. Some are having their second boys. Not one girl has been born to these couples for the last few years ( different couples each season, and 2 seasons a year ) that I know of.

I thought this was so interesting. I counted how many couples and its
    Chris and jenna - boy
    Sophie and dale - boy and pregnant with another boy
    Alisa and Lysandra ( they were sisters competing ) - one had two boys and one had a boy. Since after the show one had her second boy.
    George and Bec -boy
    Brad and Lara - boy

No girls have been born to any couples after joining the show. Interesting.

2. Likes atomic sagebrush, Chloepink liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Very interesting! I better not renovate my house anytime soon while I'm attempting my pink sway It's funny, I was watching a TV program the other day about the UK's most posh, supremely expensive private hospital where only the wealthiest ladies have their babies. So far on the series only one lady has had a boy, the rest have had all girls. I wonder if leading the high life and having loads of money sways girl?

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I read somewhere on here atomics theory on the privileged having more girls ? I think they tend to be more underweight or something. I'm just making it up now but there is definitely something on here that I read along the lines of that. That would explain why I have boys haha
    two beautiful (4) (2) who are my everything

Nipt test confirmed girl early next year !!!

LE PCOS diet, metformin, femara for sway only

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lol!

That's interesting, I'll have to see if I can find out more info re: privilege and gender. How funny is it that now even watching random TV shows can make us think about swaying haha.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    We would love another to complete our beautiful family

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well it's like a whole new door has been opened in our brains. I used to just think baby gender was luck. But it's not ! These aren't coincidences. Science wins again. I love it.

Like the lady at the coffee shop who was rail thin ( she definitely looked eating disorder thin ) and she had twin girls and a new born baby girl. Ok I'm speculating a lot about her life but it makes sense. Or someone I know who has a weight problem and she just is always up and down and after 2 girls she put on heaps of weight before she got pregnant and now has a boy. Or the other lady I know who was really careful with her diet and didn't eat much and had 2 girls. But after that started poll dancing to workout (which would build insane muscles ) and was on a health kick and had a boy. She probably was watching what she was eating and upping her protein etc. anyway I know it's lots of filling in the gaps and you can pull it to mean what ever you want but it's definitely changed the way I see things.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I only ever watched the first 2 seasons and Phil & Amity who were in season 1 and then an All Stars season had a boy and then a girl

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I remember them but they had their kids before they went on the show. Another couple ( can't remember their names, one was an ex afl
    Player) also had two girls but again before going on the show. A few of the older couples had mixed gender babies but anyone who has gone on and had their babies after the show have boys. They all end up quitting their normal jobs and opening up their own interior design businesses after. I wonder if being a business owner sways. I'd imagine working with all those tradies and being in construction would up the testosterone in those ladies ? Its an extremely competitive show and they all get a high from wining and completing each room. It's all speculating ofcourse. But still interesting.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullmummy View Post
    Yes I read somewhere on here atomics theory on the privileged having more girls ? I think they tend to be more underweight or something. I'm just making it up now but there is definitely something on here that I read along the lines of that. That would explain why I have boys haha
    Yes it's the priviledged daughter hypothesis (this isn't my theory, I believe it's Sarah Blaffer Hrdy's - big name scientist!) I was speculating about why this may be and came up with extreme thinness - after all they say "you can never be too rich or too thin" but it may also be because women who are just naturally very beautiful and gifted and so a lot of things may have come easily to them, it behooves them to hand those things down to future generations and there may be some hormonal effects of this. (The Sloane Principle, if you're just naturally awesome at everything, you may not have to have the struggles that some of us do.)

We actually don't know, of course, if this is true or not historically speaking because we just don't have enough information and probably never will, but overall there's a study out there that shows women who were born into money had more girls, whereas the ones who made it themselves had more boys.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

11. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullmummy View Post
    Yes I remember them but they had their kids before they went on the show. Another couple ( can't remember their names, one was an ex afl
    Player) also had two girls but again before going on the show. A few of the older couples had mixed gender babies but anyone who has gone on and had their babies after the show have boys. They all end up quitting their normal jobs and opening up their own interior design businesses after. I wonder if being a business owner sways. I'd imagine working with all those tradies and being in construction would up the testosterone in those ladies ? Its an extremely competitive show and they all get a high from wining and completing each room. It's all speculating ofcourse. But still interesting.
    They had their kids after their first appearance on the show (season 1) but before the "All Stars" season. I think the show has become a lot more competitive now and if you look up the wikipedia page you can see the prize money involved is a lot higher so naturally you are going to attract more competitive people.

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Big block fan here, haven't missed a season or episode in recent years. So interesting they all had boys after the show! Being so competitive during the show and then all the challenges after to set up their new businesses swayed boy for them!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast