Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

BBT & Ovulation Tracking

Hi! This is my first post, so please point me to the right resource if the question has already been asked.
    I will be TTC next year, and I've just started recording my BBT and getting a hang of tracking ovulation. With a 13 month old and sleepless nights, I'm not able to track my BBT first thing in the morning or even at the same time each day.

1. Is it ok to cheat and track my BBT every day at a different time, one that I can stick to? For example, noon would be great for me. But I don't know the science behind doing this.
    2. I used FF for one cycle, but didn't like it. I started using Ovia and I like it. Any other app recommendations?

And, I just want to say that I'm thrilled to have stumbled upon this forum. I have a wonderful little boy who I love to bits, but I went through mild gender disappointment on finding the gender, because I've always dreamed of a girl. I felt guilty and a tad sad about feeling like someone was missing from my family. But after joining this group, I feel understood!

Sorry for the tangential rant. I'm just doing a little dance of excitement here:-) A few weeks ago, words like TTC, swaying, LE would have sounded like a foreign language to me. It's like I've discovered a whole new world here. Atomic & team, you gals are doing a fabulous job!
    Me: 29 DH: 32
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi...Have I posted on the right page?
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi there! The idea with temping is you take your temperature after at least minimum of 3 hours sleep . Getting up and even moving around in bed can elevate your temp and therefore be falsely higher. Is there a time frame you consistently wake up during the night after you've had even a few hours sleep that you could take it? When I temp I put my thermometer on top of my phone on my bedside table as its the first thing I reach for to check the time and this gives me minimal movement prior to temping. Hope this helps

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! My LO is such a restless sleeper that I'm waking up every hour. Currently, I can't even swing the min 3 hours uninterrupted sleep rule.
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Give me a few days to reply before you bump your post. I answer oldest to newest and while I answer custom forum q's daily, the free forums sometimes take me a few days to get through.

Yes, you can test at a different time of day if need be but just be sure it is the same time every day. noon is fine if that works for you. You can give it a try and many people will still see a pattern with temp shift even if not temping first thing in the morning.

Ovia is ok, just don't take their "you will O and get AF on such-and-such a day" predictions at all seriously because it really doesn't work like that.

Love your avatar BTW!!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I didn't realize what I was doing was 'bumping' my post. Well, now I know what it means
    And my Avatar ended up as a framed picture on my son's nursery wall.
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to clarify when temping it needs to be after a minimal 3 hour sleep. So if your getting that before noon then great but if you up and about all morning there's no point temping at noon (or whenever) unless you've had that rest time beforehand

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pbn3; July 26th, 2016 at 05:13 PM.

10. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes that's a bump, it's just a post in your own thread and it puts it right back to the top of the "new" posts to me so it takes me that much longer to get to.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you Pbn3 for clarifying. The 3 hr sleep is going to be hard for me to do currently!

Atomic, can you comment on the above? Is the temping after a min 3 hr sleep absolutely required? When I said noon would work well for me, it still means that I wake up at 6, go about my routine and then take a minute for myself, to record my temperature around noon.

If the uninterrupted sleep is needed, I might as well give up now and resume when my LO sleeps through the night.
    Darling[2015]
    Praying & Swaying for
    May 2018

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I got that, and for many people, it still works to temp at another time of day. It is not as reliable, and it is harder to see the overall pattern, but if you cannot temp in the morning (which I have never been able to either) then it can work to just pick a certain time of day and temp religiously then, expect more variations in temps and less of a clear cut demarcation. But enough % of people can still have it work for them that it's worth a try!

The thing you want to avoid is temping sometimes in the morning, sometimes at noon, sometimes at 9 pm because that is not gonna give you any reliablitiy at all in your pattern.