Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

complete guide to swaying and yeast infections

Update 12-26-17

Whether you're swaying blue or swaying pink, yeast infection is an issue for all of us to be aware of.

There is a little yeast fungus living in your vagina all the time, but it's usually held in check by good microorganisms that live in there. Whenever the environment changes (either more acidic OR more alkaline), that kills off some of these friendly critters, and if your diet at that time is yeast friendly, this gives food for the yeast to grow. Since there's less competition for the yeast organisms because of the changes in pH, they overgrow and that's when you get a YI.

To help prevent this from happening, you may want to include acidophilus/probiotics as a part of your TTC plan (BUT please note, we have found probiotics to sway quite strongly blue and no longer use them as a pink sway tactic!!!). This will provide more competition for the yeast and make it less likely they will overgrow. But you cannot use probiotics as a cure for YI, only as a preventative. Once you have an active infection, it's too late for probiotics to help because they will actually have to grow in your intestines and come out in feces and then spread to your vagina and set up shop there (I know, right?? EWWW!) This process takes time and once you're miserable with symptoms you aren't going to want to wait for this to happen!

If swaying blue, garlic is an excellent addition to your TTC plan. Garlic is antimicrobial and in addition to killing off yeast, it also helps your blue sway by raising your testosterone levels and raising pH. It may even help make you healthier overall by eliminating bacterial infections throughout your body that you may not even have known your immune system was fighting...and healthy women have more sons!! Fresh garlic is much more effective than garlic pills. Pink swayers, you can eat garlic, of course, but it is rumored to sway blue.

Another preventative is occasionally inserting some unsweetened, plain flavor active culture yogurt into the vagina. It doesn't take much, just a spoonful now and then. Eating yogurt is not a good way to prevent yeast infections, not only for the same reasons why taking probiotics is not a good way to cure them, but also because most of the beneficial microbes in yogurt are killed by stomach acid. Eating yogurt is great for the upper digestive tract and breathing passages but is not a cure or preventative for vaginal yeast, unfortunately.

The best cure for YI is prevention. For all swayers - Make sure everything is very, very clean. Sanitize your equipment with boiling water before you use it (be sure to let it cool to room temperature, you don't need to use the equipment when it's still hot!!).

Be sure to keep your undergarments scrupulously clean. Even if you have to change panties 2 or 3 times a day. This is especially important if you're trying to increase your EWCM as part of a blue sway. More secretions = more moisture, and moisture helps these organisms to grow. Do not wear thong underwear and at night, you may want to sleep without wearing underwear at all.

If this is an ongoing issue for you, do not eat a lot of sugar and bread, this feeds the yeast organisms.

You can treat a yeast infection either with an OTC medication or by applying plain yogurt, the kind with natural cultures in it. Surprisingly, the yogurt works just as well as the cream does, for many people (and it can also be a good preventative measure as mentioned above). If you've just ovulated, you should have enough time to treat your symptoms and still try again the next month, but if you get the infection in the two weeks prior to ovulation, you may want to skip TTC that month and try again the next month. The good news is, after ovulation is the most likely time to get one. The even better news is, getting your period is also a great cure for them for most people.

Yeast infection isn't dangerous at all, most women get them once in a while. You can still try and conceive with a yeast infection, they will not harm your baby. The only thing to be aware of is a UTI (urinary tract infection), that is when organisms begin to live in your urethra and bladder. If this were to happen you would have a lot of burning and feeling like you had to pee a lot. Drinking a lot of water and cranberry juice (allegedly good for ttc pink anyway) can help to prevent UTIs, as can drinking lots of water and eating fresh garlic (good for ttc blue).

If you do get a UTI, your doctor can give you medicine that will cure it. You should stop swaying while you use the medication because it can affect your sway in unpredictable ways.

Yeast is not bacteria, it is a fungus. If you have a bacterial infection, that is a different thing entirely and you need to see a doctor right away for antibiotics (note - antibiotics sway blue.) Symptoms of bacterial vaginosis are similar to a yeast infection, but with a greenish or grayish discharge, and a very, very strong and foul odor coming from the vaginal area. Some people can have bacterial vaginosis without having any itching or burning, so if you notice any discharge or odor that is worrying, see a doctor right away.

Yeast actually do create an acidic by-product as part of their life cycle, and some people actually speculate that they WANT a yeast infection because they think it will sway pink. But the problem is that it is too variable to rely on for swaying...your body wants to get rid of the yeast and so it raises its pH as a result, trying to eradicate the infection.

IN a nutshell, higher pH does not cause YI, lower pH does not cause YI, CHANGES in pH cause YI. You need to treat the yeast before continuing to sway.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 26th, 2017 at 07:43 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not a swaying. And I am sure this post is filled with really good information, because Atomic is freaking brilliant.

That said -- this title cracked me up when going through New Posts. "The Complete Guide." Love it!
    "As far as I'm concerned, being any gender is a drag." -Patti Smith

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I must admit that even I cringed a little at that but I wanted people to know it was actually a guide rather than a question!!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I used to get YI's all the time when I was swaying with No4. 80% of the time I couldnt even ttc because of it. Im not swaying now but I stil get them every month and have done since my IVF cycle in september. I dont know what the hell is going on but i'll give the live yoghurt a try!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will not believe how well it works! I find the creams to be highly irritating and almost worse than nothing, but the yogurt is very soothing right away.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    awesome info! And I would think, when using the douches for ttc'ing for a girl and for a boy that would increase YI's also right? I'm sure if you don't use that much and it's very clean, then it's fine (I did it for my sway, no problems) but that was the only thing that did worry me a bit. Taking acidophilis and eating yogurt was important.
    = One little prince! (2008) and
    Two little princesses (2010) (2013) successful girl sways

(my chart) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/234f4a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep, any time you mess with the status quo, you run the risk of altering the environment in such a way that the yeast get a leg up. Some people are more sensitive than others, so even a little douche or BSF can trigger a YI while others have no problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So really yi is the enemy of swayers in general as it will try to do the opposite of what the swayer is trying to do. I have made a note to myself that if sway time comes around again that I have to cut out the bread and sugar as suggested and increase the garlic. Top info again!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the yi is trying to raise its head again grr, BUT!!, I think may know why. I have cut out bread and sugar from my diet until last night! I ate 1 and 1/2 white bread rolls before bead and low and behold I wake up a little stingy underneath. I haven't had my acv for a couple of days for a couple of days so I can rule out that. I am going to make sure I eat no more white bread products, get back on the acv and see if it develops. To be continued...........

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I was swaying I experimented with low sodium homemade breads and I could literally smell the yeast in my pee (sorry TMI) and sure enough, I got a YI the very next day! It really does make a difference.

Keep us posted so we can know what works for people!!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast