Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To those who got a girl or having a girl after many boys do you hear this

I see you finally got your girl! I heard that a few times yesterday at a festival me,dh,and the kids went to. I heard that from people I haven't seen in a while. They looked at my baby assuming he was a girl. I think cause he had a gender neutral outfit on,and he's just so pretty like that lol. I had to say no it's 7 boys. Then they said y'all gonna try again, or wow. I don't know why but the comment you finally got your girl bothered me. To those who finally got a girl after many boys do you hear that?
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I hear it with my son nearly every time we go somewhere.

I can see why it would bother some but if I am honest, I respond, Yes, we did! I did try for a boy. I did want a boy. It is what it is and it doesn't mean that I don't love my girls to the moon and back but I did want a boy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that yes, I did want a boy or girl and yes, we got him or her. That's just my reality I guess.

Your son must be beautiful! Congrats!
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    I hear it with my son nearly every time we go somewhere.

I can see why it would bother some but if I am honest, I respond, Yes, we did! I did try for a boy. I did want a boy. It is what it is and it doesn't mean that I don't love my girls to the moon and back but I did want a boy.

I don't think there is anything wrong with admitting that yes, I did want a boy or girl and yes, we got him or her. That's just my reality I guess.

Your son must be beautiful! Congrats!
    I agree completely. I had no trouble admitting I did want a girl and that I was thrilled when I got her. I just get a little uneasy about those comments when my boys are around, because I worry about how they will take it, but then I remember that my oldest was hoping for a girl just as much as I was, and that he was just as thrilled when she came along. However, once out of the blue, my DS2 asked me if I loved Claire more because she was a girl...which I assured him absolutely not...so I am not sure if the comments of others caused that inquiry. Its so hard to know sometimes what goes through our children's heads when people say things.
    Last edited by mommymachine; April 13th, 2014 at 12:54 PM.
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I saw a family out today. 6 boys. I said to hubby wow look 6 boys! Hubby said yeh it's a good place to take them all to for food here. And that was it. No judgement. love seeing large families of all one gender! Finally getting your girl/boy comments are so ignorant and dismissive of the other children xx
    [2012] [2013] TTC [2016/7]

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, I get it all the time. We were on vacation in the Bahamas and random people would say is it finally a girl? I would smile and say yes, we are so blessed to get to experience both now. I haven't had any rude comments and do proudly say yes I wanted a girl to complete our family and try something new.
    3 Beautiful Boys 742 and a little lady

My baby girl is here and we are so in love with her! Thank you gender dreaming for making my family complete!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The only thing I really don't like is when they look right at Suzy and say "I feel sorry for YOU." That, I think is not a very nice thing to do. I also admit freely that I wanted a girl!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh the people that made the comments do know I want a girl. I guess it bother me because I knew what was gonna be said after I said its 7 boys.
    Mommy to 7 finally had #1 in 2016! Had boy #8 after. Now returning to try to sway for final child praying for #2 🤞🙏

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I fell pregnant with DS3 I made no secret I wanted it to be a girl, but I just went about telling people 'it's a boy, don't even hope. I'm a boy making machine, I don't produce girls', and I guess that since I had that attitude right from the start no one hassled me when I told them it was indeed a BOY, so I could just say 'see? Told you so!'. You just have to keep a sense of humour and be forgiving, you hear everything and most things are well meant, even though sometimes they bother the hell out of you!
    Mum to Lucas 13/12/1989
    Mum to Mateus 02/10/1991
    Mum to miscarried 22/09/2005
    Mum to Aidan 10/12/2010

My little Princess, Anya was born on the 22nd of July 2014. Thanks Mother Earth for this blessing! And thanks Atomic and all the generous and lovely ladies who helped me through this journey.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

To those who got a girl or having a girl after many boys do you hear this

When people see DS6 they always call him a girl and we get comments like that. He is always in blue or "boy" type clothes, usually with "mums little man" or something on it but he has gorgeous blonde surfy curls to his shoulders so we always get that too. When I say no his a boy, most of the time they're sorry and then I get other dumb comments and sometimes I don't correct them and just skip and say yep and walk away cause it's easier than hearing the 6 boys comments.

It does affect the kids though, my DS2 said to me "if I was a girl would you have stopped having kids?" He actually felt bad for not being a girl!! I said "of course not! We weren't even hoping for a specific gender when we had you as we had always wanted more kids anyway. And we love having all you boys so you can all play and relate to each other"

He would love a sister and he knows I'd love a daughter but I've explained that it's not at the expense of any of them. I've also spoken to him a little about swaying as he is very clued in to what I do and had many questions about the change of diet, but I did it in a very relaxed way so he doesn't realise the effort were making to try for a girl, just in case it's not! 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SamS_TTCPink; April 13th, 2014 at 06:59 PM.
    Mum of 9 boys & my stillborn angel daughter, Shaylah Anne 20/02/2015

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mumofsix, every post you make convinces me you must be a fantastic mum! I love your honesty with your son.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast