Thread: Panorama Test

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Panorama Test

Hey, just wondering if any of you will get the panorama test done to find out the gender early? Im hoping to ttc pink later this year and of course my mind is running away with itself!! had never heard of the test before coming on here but am thinking it might be great to find out via email rather than have a tech tell me blue and have to fake happiness!! i have 3 ds's and pretty much faked delight at gender scans for my last 2. i did get over it but would hate to burst into tears at a scan!! i am prepared for another ds as i know that will be the likely outcome but think it would be great to find that out in private, have my little cry and move on.. Any thoughts?
    2008 2011 2013 dreaming of

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi irish girl, if you look on rollercoaster it's actually very popular and plenty of places now doing testing. I always said If I was over 37 having a baby I would have it. This was before I ever considered this journey 2.5 years ago
    July 13' 9 ret 1 normal xx & 1 xy bfn
    May 14' 9 ret & 7 fertilised & batched
    Sept 14' 12 ret & 10 fert & batched
    Fet Dec 14 bfn

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do you know if you need gp referral? I will be 33 so dont think I'm classed as high risk. But I have had 2 mc

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you can just ring them direct. Beacon and bray do it and also available in Cork. Google it
    July 13' 9 ret 1 normal xx & 1 xy bfn
    May 14' 9 ret & 7 fertilised & batched
    Sept 14' 12 ret & 10 fert & batched
    Fet Dec 14 bfn

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I live in Germany and I plan to get the Panorama test done at 9w (the very earliest it's possible); as soon as I actually get pregnant, that is. The later you get it, the lower the chances are that there won't be enough fetal cells in your blood (in which case the test results will be inconclusive and you will need blood redrawn to retest), but if you are thinner/weigh less you are more likely to test successfully early bc you have less blood to begin with. Or that is my understanding at least.

The Panorama is the best of all the fetal cell blood tests and definitely the one to choose. Good luck with your future sway!

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi irishgirl I had it done this time last year in the rotunda private clinic, the earliest they do it is 10 weeks. I got it done mainly because of my age and I was worried about Downes etc. but the gender result was a definite bonus. You have to specify at the time that you want the sex determined. They rang me with results a week later. Well worth it imo Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2014 (at age 43, so don't give up hope you older moms!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thats great thanks for the info glad to see some other Irish mammys on here!! Beacon is closest to me so will probably head there, it's so expensive tho so will probably come down to finances in the end but all going well I mostl likely will go for it. Did you find it a relief finding out gender that early little lunasa? I know you got your desired gender but if you hadn't do you think it would have helped? Also did you buy a plan from atomic? Theres loads of info out there on swaying and I'm still getting to grips with the terminology have done timing sways before but never as into it as I am now wanna give it my all because it's my last