Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I certainly felt GD with each of my boys but the worst was with ds2. We were forced into team green as he gave nothing away in the scans! I was chatting to a new friend yesterday, she has a dd (9) & ds (1) and openly admitted that she wanted a dd with her first & was delighted to get her. That was my dream too & after three I still don't have her. It helps though to remember that although my friend has her dd she has had such a rubbish time with abusive partners over the years & she probably envies my 14 year relationship/marriage a bit. Not that I want anyone to feel that way at all, it just helps me realise that no-one has every part of their life EXACTLY how they want it to be.

Sent from my LG-E400 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 2009 2013 (My VBA2C & sway opposite baby)

So proud to announce that after many long years of GD our precious DAUGHTER joined us in June 2016!!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I always wanted to have a girl I adore girls clothes,dolls ,pink frills and most of all tutus! Plus I've always been so close with my mum and wanted the same! I never got broody over a baby boy and toddler boys as most boys I came across loved everything I hate mud football and fighting.I now know I was living a sheltered life and that's really not the case I'm soooo pleased and thankful I have my boy he's the sweetest most loving funny little boy and unless you have a son you don't see the amazing side of boys! But at my 20 wk scan with him I did feel a slight pang in my heart when they said its a boy But i never cried and was soon thrilled and exctied. But wasn't long after he was born I started researching how to concieve a girl I wanted one so so bad we only wanted and could have one more so felt I needed a while to look up everything and thankfully I came across this site that's truly made me forever greatful my little girl is everything and more than I could ever imagine!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 3girl View Post
    To be honest, I've been contemplating this since I found out I'm having my third boy. I have always wanted a girl so badly, but I really don't know why. I hate dressing up, I hate decorating, I hate throwing parties, I hate cooking, ect. I really don't fit the type of a girl mom. I guess I just want to experience both sides and I'm sad I don't know if I'll ever have the chance.
    It appears, from hanging around this site for a while and life experience, there must just be some sort of biological desire rooted in us, because I am pretty much the antithesis of a girly-girl too. I hate cooking and baking and rarely dress up or wear make-up. I don't like fashion or doing hair or shopping. I dislike pink and once took one of those FB quizzes that told me I "think 100% like a man" without ever asking my actual sex. Lol. BUT, I still assumed and desired to have a girl. And now that I have one, I actually don't really want her to be "girly" either, although I have NO control over that and wouldn't ever try to change who she is to suit my desires (she is, in fact, pretty interested in her clothing and shoes already, at 19mo). And after seeing so many women on here who describe themselves as "not girly," but who still desired a daughter, I concluded there must be something biological at work for so many to desire a daughter despite "shunning" typical female traits.
    A: "Owner" of the following brood:
    -Our biggest surprise dude (L: 2009)
    -Our rainbow little man (K: 2011)
    -Our sway and pray little diva (J: 2013)
    -Our lucky charm guy (S: 2015)
    We may be done, we may come back for one more sway. Time will tell. At the moment, we are very content with our family!

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I am not the "girl mom" type either. and I do hope you get the chance!
    Thank you, I hope so too. I never pictured myself having more than 3 kids. Although if I can convince DH maybe at some point maybe we can try again. But I'm very scared to have another boy. GD hit so hard this time and I'm still in disbelief my sway didn't work and everyone else's did.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogz&boyz View Post
    It appears, from hanging around this site for a while and life experience, there must just be some sort of biological desire rooted in us, because I am pretty much the antithesis of a girly-girl too. I hate cooking and baking and rarely dress up or wear make-up. I don't like fashion or doing hair or shopping. I dislike pink and once took one of those FB quizzes that told me I "think 100% like a man" without ever asking my actual sex. Lol. BUT, I still assumed and desired to have a girl. And now that I have one, I actually don't really want her to be "girly" either, although I have NO control over that and wouldn't ever try to change who she is to suit my desires (she is, in fact, pretty interested in her clothing and shoes already, at 19mo). And after seeing so many women on here who describe themselves as "not girly," but who still desired a daughter, I concluded there must be something biological at work for so many to desire a daughter despite "shunning" typical female traits.
    I know I"ve said this in a kajillion other threads so apologies to those who've read it before, but I felt like I could share 80% of my existence as a human being with my sons (my first two are adults already so take my word, I know whereof I speak on that) but then there was just this 20% that understandably they had little interest in. And for whatever reason, it was a "big 20%" meaning that a lot of it were things that were super important to me and experiences that I really wanted to share. I actually found a catharsis in working with other ladies here and on IG and sharing knowledge and experiences, and that helped a ton, but still it's not quite the same as your actual daughter, IKYKWIM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I so agree that there must be some kind of biological calling for it!
    Last edited by 1+2+3boys; January 9th, 2015 at 06:11 PM. Reason: typo
    DPs sons 21 +13 11 + our 6 4 year old identical twins!

I might actually be over my deep yearning for a and it's an exciting feeling

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by covered in blue View Post
    I'm so jealous of you ladies who got what you wanted for your first! I'm so annoyed that I can't have felt happy at least once when told the gender and I feel so guilty about that! I really don't understand why I feel the need to have a daughter so much. Who knows. I just do . I always wanted both. Just a girl first and then I thought I didn't care.
    I'm swaying bc I really want a girl for my first, and also bc I think I'd like 2 girls(I never had a sister), but may naturally be prone to having boys. I realize this may change, and I think for my 3rd child I'll probably want a boy if I had 2 girls. But I don't think I'll feel satisfied until I have a girl. Boys are great! I just really want a girl FIRST. So you're not alone in how you feel.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after removìng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DH and I agreed on having ONE child before marriage 3 years ago. He has 3 grown boys and this will be my first. We'd love to parent a darling little girl together. It's our one shot!! One and done if you will.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm just now reading hotdogzandboyz response about wanting to be in "control". My reasons for swaying were mostly because I'm a scientist and a control freak and the idea of controlling the gender of my child was a fun "project" to embark on (yes I get why I had a 50% failed sway! LOL). I did grow up in an all girl family and my desire most of my life has been to have mostly boys and then as I got older I strongly desired a mixed gender family because I always longed for a brother growing up and was curious what getting to raise both genders would be like! IF this sway had been successful in the traditional sense (ie I had one girl), I planned on swaying for a 3rd (a boy) because it sounded so fun to me (and I wanted mostly boys!). I'm not girly at all (like many of you) and never craved girly toys or tutus or pink. I just really wanted to experience both genders!
    DS1 (2012)
    Due 7/13/2015 ! Swayed pink and I am blessed to be with and (TWINS!)!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is actually really illuminating to look up famous female scientists and the gender of their offspring, because many of them have all/mostly boys and many famous male scientists are from all/mostly boy families.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast