Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

OPK/General Sway ?

I'm brand new, and have no idea what I'm doing. This is not ideal, and I'm looking to increase my chances the best I can given the circumstances.

Ok CD1 was 12/31 and was my first period in 5 months. We're not sure why I stopped geting periods. Previously my cycle was 30-31 days for my whole life. I actively bled until 1/7 (CD7) and then continued with old/brown blood that I think was a result of no period and that stopped like the 9th. (CD9). Based on a 30-31 day cycle, I believe I would ovulate the 16th or 17th. but I have no chart, not temping, no idea how to know for sure. I bought OPKs, but I've never used them before.

DH is releasing every 2-4 days. Based on that he will tonight, but then I'm not sure what my best bet is. Him release Tuesday, and then start BDing Thurs,Fri,Sat? That *should* be O-2,O-1,O but I obviously don't know for sure. I can reevaluate based on the OPK but if/when I get a positive what should I aim for?

Also I'm taking Womens 1 day, caltrate, mucinex, and folic acid. I was going to grab wheat grass but not sure how much it will help since the fertile window is coming up fast. DH is only taking the Mens 1 a day 50+, should he add anything?

Anything else I can do in such a short time to help sway?

ETA: oops! I'm swaying boy. I have 3 DD's currently. DH is 26, I'm 25.
    Last edited by cyndi.hunter; January 11th, 2015 at 08:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You didn't say what gender you were trying to sway for?

Timing and frequency from the stats on the members here, don't really sway that much. Diet is the first priority, and it's usually recommended a minimum of 6 weeks on the diet before trying.

For a boy you'd want to BD as often as possible in your fertile window, for a girl it's best to only have one attempt as soon as your get a +OPK (test line as dark or darker than control line). It is advised that if your husband is 35+ then he should not abstain as it damages sperm especially in older men. For men 35+ it is best to release every 2-4 days regularly.

You should join the boards for your desired gender, there are lots of stickies to read and more people in your situation will be able to answer your questions.
    Me (38) and DH (38)

SAHM military momma to DS1 (2004), DS2 (who's all boy but loves to dance, though not in a tutu!) (2006), DS3 (2009), and our rainbow baby girl DD1 (2017)

early m/c Jan 2013

Cycle #1 @ HRC (Oct 2014) - 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized and biopsied. 1XX and 1XY abnormal. 1XX no DNA found, rebiopsied and found normal, frozen.
    FET attempt #1 (Nov 2014) - cancelled due to functional cyst. FET attempt #2 (Jan 30, 2015) - NT. Remaining embie failed to thaw.

May 2015 - started infertility treatments at OFC. Femara 2.5mg
    July 2015 - BFP after second round of Femara. Aug 4 2015 - 6w4d
    Dec 21 2015 - mmc 7w1d

Apr 2016 - IVF Cycle #2. Converted to IUI because of uneven response and leading follicles.
    Apr 19, 2016 - IUI with 3 mature follicles (2 right, 1 left), post wash: 17mil, 94% motility and 89% rapid motility. BFN.

June 3, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 5w.
    Sep 1, 2016 - 5mg Femara cycle. 8w.

Our rainbow baby girl arrived on Mon Aug 28, 2017 - "After every storm comes a rainbow". We are so thankful and grateful for every moment.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    OH no so sorry I only just now saw this.

I think you're set up for a great sway, very happy with what you're doing so far.

I think it is best in your situation to wait for pos OPK because there's no guarantee you'll ovulate reguarly given what has occured the past few months. I don't want you to end up having three attempts and then NOT ovulate, have three more attempts, and end up with 6 attempts in a row, you know?? That could possibly sway pink.

I would be having those releases unprotected. Have regular, unprotected sex every 2 days and then when you get a positive, have attempt THAT day, the next morning, again the next night.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sending tons of blue dust and WELCOME!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ