Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Fever during ovulation!

Hi!

Can fever during ovulation kill the sperm inside my body?
    My fever was around 100,4F, the same night i ovulated and the day after. I feel like im out this month.
    2012 @5w
    2012 @10w

2014 @10w
    2014 @5w

2019 @7w
    2019 CP
    2019 @5w

~Sweden~

My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dd028

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    When I conceived the twins I was really sick with the stomach flu and also had a fever around 100 just after O. It didn't seem to matter! Fx it doesn't for you.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your answer!
    But if you hade fever the days after ovulation the egg was already fertilized? :/
    I had fever during ovulation, maybe before the sperm reached the egg. Maybe a fertilized egg isn't that sensible like a sperm before fertilization?
    What temperature does sperm die? :/
    2012 @5w
    2012 @10w

2014 @10w
    2014 @5w

2019 @7w
    2019 CP
    2019 @5w

~Sweden~

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was literally hours after O so I think it's possible the eggs didn't fertilize until after I started getting sick. It's possible I had a fever earlier and just didn't know bc I hadn't checked. I was VERY sick, literally the sickest I've ever been. I almost went to the hospital for dehydration bc I threw up everything, even tiny sips of water. I only checked my temp once I started throwing up and often a fever starts before with the flu. But I don't know for sure.

I also don't know the exact temperature sperm die at...but I think it is unlikely that ALL the sperm would die at 100-101, which isn't THAT high of a fever. Most likely only some sperm died, but not enough to prevent conception. Being sick sways pink, and so does low sperm count. So just consider this month a very strong pink sway! I truly think you have a good shot at pregnancy.

My Ovulation Chart

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks maidentomother! I hope you're right!

We bd cd12, 14, 15 and 16. Or if it was cd11, 13, 14, 15 and 16. I think i ovulated cd15-16. (My ovulation always seems to happen cd16) I'm temping, except this time around ovulation because the fever. :/ I also had ovulation pain cd15 and 16.
    2012 @5w
    2012 @10w

2014 @10w
    2014 @5w

2019 @7w
    2019 CP
    2019 @5w

~Sweden~

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by eme1ieh View Post
    Thanks for your answer!
    But if you hade fever the days after ovulation the egg was already fertilized? :/
    I had fever during ovulation, maybe before the sperm reached the egg. Maybe a fertilized egg isn't that sensible like a sperm before fertilization?
    What temperature does sperm die? :/
    Men are taking hot baths and sitting in hot tubs as part of their sways and still getting wives pregnant. Don't worry about this.

It is temps over 103 that are harmful to eggs and sperm. Adults rarely ever get temps this high.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With those attempts and that timing you should have plenty of sperm. I really think you being sick & feverish is GOOD for your sway, since you had multiple attempts which sways blue.

My Ovulation Chart

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post