Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help with Jump and dump please!

I'm still figuring out my girl sway. My husband and I are in our upper 30's. It took us 14 months to conceive our DS. So I don't want to totally reduce our chances of conceiving at all. I plan on doing repHresh every 3 days, but may cut that if it's taking a long time to get a BFP. My question is: how big of a factor does jump and dump play in a good sway? Thanks for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you're already doing rephesh to lower sperm count, it probably isn't a huge deal to skip J&D

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also plan on doing frequent release from AF to O-1.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am not sure about J&d either if i do rephresh,i may try bith and then drop the jd if im not getting pregnant.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    IMO I say refresh should work and forget jump and dump, I conceived ds4 with douching and jump and dump, so I don't think it matters as long as your Ph stays right, gl
    Married for 20yrs, SAHM to 7 healthy boys and one surprise daughter(2021)

Sometimes God's plan is different than what you had in mind, but His plan is always better and He might surprise you later

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm of two minds about this...part of me "likes" J and D better than RepHresh because it's natural - meaning that it's more likely to be a real-life actual factor that really may sway for gender in all those people out there who conceive baby girls without ever hearing of RepHresh. Which is MOST of them!! However, it's obviously unreliable for getting girls as Melinda points out.

On the other hand, RepHresh is easy and it makes people feel like they're doing something, and low pH is such a big part of the traditional sway that it's hard to deny that it may help.

It's totally up to you which you prefer. May I ask if there were any possible reasons why it took so long for you to conceive your first son? Like DTD at the wrong time or something? Because if I were you and I had a history of taking 14 months to conceive, I would go to the doc and get some Clomid (or possibly Femara because you're in your late 30's - your doc can decide about that. If he won't give you Clomid, we can talk about using soy iso as a Clomid-alternative.) On Clomid, you'll be swaying pink and raising your odds of getting pg quickly. (I apologize if we already talked about this, it's hard to keep everyone's stories straight!)

ETA - if you DO get Clomid, you should NOT use RepHresh OR do a J and D because you need to get pg as quick as you can while on Clomid and not mess around a lot with swaying. If you stay on it too long, it's really bad for both yoru fertility and your health.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; August 9th, 2011 at 09:44 AM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I'm of two minds about this...part of me "likes" J and D better than RepHresh because it's natural - meaning that it's more likely to be a real-life actual factor that really may sway for gender in all those people out there who conceive baby girls without ever hearing of RepHresh. Which is MOST of them!! However, it's obviously unreliable for getting girls as Melinda points out.

On the other hand, RepHresh is easy and it makes people feel like they're doing something, and low pH is such a big part of the traditional sway that it's hard to deny that it may help.
    Interesting ... I'm wondering whether to bother with the Rephresh. If we were going to DTD every day unprotected then I'd definitely use it every 2 or 3 days because it's least worry in that instance and you have the reassurance that it keeps working between applications. However, we plan to DTD every day with a spermicidal condom and then have one attempt when I get my +OPK and I plan on using some Aci-jel an hour before that attempt. If the purpose is to make sure there's something up there which isn't very sperm friendly and kills a few of them off on contact then I guess the Aci-jel will do that job and I can follow up with a JAD to get rid of a few more. I don't think it's necessary to keep pH low until I O because the sperm will be well on their way by then, but I will be taking an anti-h and baby aspirin in any case. Does anybody see any need to use the Rephresh too? I'm thinking we either don't use the condoms and I use Rephresh or we use the condoms and forego the Rephresh. I *think* like the idea of only DTD once best because it screams of 'low sperm count'. I wonder if the spermicide on the condoms is acidic?
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    May I ask if there were any possible reasons why it took so long for you to conceive your first son? Like DTD at the wrong time or something? Because if I were you and I had a history of taking 14 months to conceive, I would go to the doc and get some Clomid (or possibly Femara because you're in your late 30's - your doc can decide about that. If he won't give you Clomid, we can talk about using soy iso as a Clomid-alternative.) On Clomid, you'll be swaying pink and raising your odds of getting pg quickly. (I apologize if we already talked about this, it's hard to keep everyone's stories straight!)
    The reason it took so long to conceive my son was my cycles were very irregular like around 90 days. So finally the dr put me on Femara. It's wonderful! I ovulated between days 14-20 on it, and got pregnant my 4th cycle of it. At that time my husband's sperm count was also on the low side. I did do a trial run of femara my last cycle to see if it still worked for me and when I would ovulate with it. I also have a Cue II monitor and I wanted to see how the femara affected my readings. It worked perfectly again. I got my vaginal high on ovulation. So I should have a day warning of pending ovuation.

Here's what I'm thinking for my plan. I'm going to use repHresh every 3 days. DTD daily starting from 10 days before ovulation unprotected until 1 day before ovuation. Mainly because if my husband's sperm count is still low I want as many of those swimmers as I can so I can get pregnant. I'm still undecided on J & D. Should you not do both J&D and RepHresh? I could add J&D for a couple of cycles and if I don't get pregnant drop it. I'm also doing LE diet. I just started it and plan on swaying in November. Along with baby aspirin and anti-histamine.
    Last edited by angiesscripts; August 10th, 2011 at 02:44 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Interesting ... I'm wondering whether to bother with the Rephresh. If we were going to DTD every day unprotected then I'd definitely use it every 2 or 3 days because it's least worry in that instance and you have the reassurance that it keeps working between applications. However, we plan to DTD every day with a spermicidal condom and then have one attempt when I get my +OPK and I plan on using some Aci-jel an hour before that attempt. If the purpose is to make sure there's something up there which isn't very sperm friendly and kills a few of them off on contact then I guess the Aci-jel will do that job and I can follow up with a JAD to get rid of a few more. I don't think it's necessary to keep pH low until I O because the sperm will be well on their way by then, but I will be taking an anti-h and baby aspirin in any case. Does anybody see any need to use the Rephresh too? I'm thinking we either don't use the condoms and I use Rephresh or we use the condoms and forego the Rephresh. I *think* like the idea of only DTD once best because it screams of 'low sperm count'. I wonder if the spermicide on the condoms is acidic?
    If I was doing a spermicide condom I would not do RepHresh, I don't think. Do one or the other. Esp. given how diligent you've been on diet, I would relax a bit and allow the condoms, diet, Acijel, anti-h and J and D to carry the day. I would hate it for you to take a really long time getting pg and ending up giving up on diet (which happens a lot once those BFNs start to pile up unfortunately.) The conventional wisdom is that the spermicide on condoms IS acidic but I have not tested it personally so I can't say with 100% certainty.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by angiesscripts View Post
    The reason it took so long to conceive my son was my cycles were very irregular like around 90 days. So finally the dr put me on Femara. It's wonderful! I ovulated between days 14-20 on it, and got pregnant my 4th cycle of it. At that time my husband's sperm count was also on the low side. I did do a trial run of femara my last cycle to see if it still worked for me and when I would ovulate with it. I also have a Cue II monitor and I wanted to see how the femara affected my readings. It worked perfectly again. I got my vaginal high on ovulation. So I should have a day warning of pending ovuation.

Here's what I'm thinking for my plan. I'm going to use repHresh every 3 days. DTD daily starting from 10 days before ovulation unprotected until 1 day before ovuation. Mainly because if my husband's sperm count is still low I want as many of those swimmers as I can so I can get pregnant. I'm still undecided on J & D. Should you not do both J&D and RepHresh? I could add J&D for a couple of cycles and if I don't get pregnant drop it. I'm also doing LE diet. I just started it and plan on swaying in November. Along with baby aspirin and anti-histamine.
    I would NOT do J and D or use RepHresh if my husband's sperm count was low. If you want to play around with it for a couple months and see what happens, that's your prerogative of course, but I start to worry when I see people go on for too long without getting a BFP on the LE diet because it's so hard to stick to in the long term (esp. when it may take you a while to get pg anyway due to your fertility issues). Diet has far and away more evidence supporting it than any of the rest of swaying methods, and consequently I think it's much better to hit it hard on diet and get pg quickly rather than lingering on month after month, during which you might run out of weight to lose and get so sick of the limited nature of the diet that you start cheating.

Your plan looks great to me, with the concern that DTD 10 days in a row may reduce your husband's sperm count to such a low number that you are not able to get pg. You may want to DTD every other day since he has a low count to begin with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast