Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Confused Why DOES clomid sway pink exactly? help!

Ive seen several sites claim the same thing actually, i seem to see it all over...and while women do also produce boys on clomid i cant help but wonder or for that matter find any info as to what it is exactly that makes it good for pink swaying? Sorry, new here and could not seem to find the exact answers i was looking for by using the search form

My irrational fear comes from the fact that i had to take clomid to get pregnant this time. Apparently thought my first two pregnancies could be described as 'woops' type scenarios (both are girls) this was a long wanted and long dreamed of baby ( so of course it wouldnt come easy to me i guess) For reasons unknown to me i dont ovulate every month. by unknown i mean i have not been diagnosed as PCOS and my dr pretty much outright said because i did have some other symptoms (horrible cystic acne, thin/balding hair etc) he thinks its very very mild if i have it at all. I got pregnant within a month the first baby..thats how surprising it was for me to hear i dont ovulate every month..think of those odds. Took 6 months to have my second child, and i was at the 7 month mark this time before the fertility dr i was seeing was like "well you just arent ovulating on your own apparently" (and i was producing cysts instead...interestingly enough on my left ovary and this baby/egg was on my right ovary)

does anyone theorize what makes clomid produce boys vs why it in all actuality sways pink? (really at this point you'd give me hope to say even mild forms of PCOS on clomid tend to produce boys..) because now im thinking i sorta screwed my boy dream by needing clomid to have this baby in the first place..

i should mention though i also had to take progesterone before the clomid to induce the clomid cycle that got me pregnant...does progesterone sway blue? and in that case did i really just screw my whole body up and its back to 50/50? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't worry about needing Clomid to get pregnant. I am a firm believer that diet and exercise (if you do it) sways the strongest. Two of my dear friends, one of whom has PCOS and one who doesn't, both had to have Clomid to conceive. Both had boys. They both led a very boy lifestyle. If you did the HE diet, moderate exercise, and had multiple attempts in your fertile window, then odds are you are having a boy. Remember, while something may sway one way, it is your overall lifestyle that will sway. There are no magic bullets!

FX and GL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wonder if exercise sways that hard...the last two pregnancies i wasnt active at all really it seems and they were girls..this time i would still say i wasnt more active than normal but i had a highly physical job taking care of patients in a hospital..lots of walking, lots of lifting... we'll see ...id still be curious what make up of clomid sways girl. Is it just a medication thing in general produces a more acidic environment?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even though clomid makes you ovulate to get pregnant which is pretty important, it also can make it harder to get pregnant because for many women it can dry up their cervical mucus or make it infertile and also after a few cycles on it, it can thin the uterine lining which is also important for pregnancy. You can counteract the cervical mucus by using a sperm-friendly lubricant (gah, can't remember the name of it!) I don't know how much those thing end up swaying in the end because femara also supposedly sways girl and it doesn't have the CM or uterine lining side effects.

For what it's worth I have a femara boy and expecting DS3 who was a light failed sway with clomid.
    (2009)
    (2011- IUI and femara) (2012), (8/2015) (sway opposite) 2019
    HT 2018- Feb - 12 retrieved- 0 embies made it to PGS testing
    April- 10 retrieved- 1 5AB embryo made it to testing- normal XX!!!! July FET- BFP!!! DD born 2019

6. Thanks Burakoam, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My first is a clomid baby. I took provera (I think it is like progestorone) to bring on AF and then conceived DS first cycle. I wasn't swaying but I think it was very a very boy friendly attempt that overrode any pink sway from the clomid. My diet would have been boy friendly (lots of snacking, also just after christmas so lots of food!), we also had multiple attempts etc. I also don't officially have PCOS but have some symptoms like wacky cycles, polycystic ovaries and get cystic acne sometimes.

Congrats on your pregnancy and I hope you get your boy!

Sept 2008 Sept 2011 March 2017

8. Thanks Burakoam, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    NO one really knows why it sways. Because no one really knows how gender selection works. Anyone who says they do is lying. We have ideas and theories and they are worth about as much as any totally unproven theory is - which is, not a whole lot.

The thing with Clomid is that we have studies that show that it sways a little bit pink (3-5%) and most of the people who are on Clomid have PCOS and tend to have more boys anyway. So for a person without PCOS, it probably sways quite a bit more than that. We have studies done on timing where people without PCOS were given Clomid and told to have sex once on a certain day for a girl and they had overwhelmingly more girls. In the same study, the people who wanted boys were not given Clomid and had an IUI on ovulation day and they had more boys. At the time, people thought it was because of timing, but subsequent studies showed very clearly that timing doesn't work at all, which leaves only the Clomid/IUI as possible explanations for this difference.

When I read these studies, I realized that Clomid probably swayed quite a bit more pink than the numbers seemed to indicate and we started using it in our sways and have gotten good results. But you have to understand that this was Clomid PLUS diet and all the other sway tactics. You absolutely can get a boy on Clomid, many people have done so.

Don't worry about the progesterone, it was the right thing to do for you to take that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

10. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 2blue1pink View Post
    Even though clomid makes you ovulate to get pregnant which is pretty important, it also can make it harder to get pregnant because for many women it can dry up their cervical mucus or make it infertile and also after a few cycles on it, it can thin the uterine lining which is also important for pregnancy. You can counteract the cervical mucus by using a sperm-friendly lubricant (gah, can't remember the name of it!) I don't know how much those thing end up swaying in the end because femara also supposedly sways girl and it doesn't have the CM or uterine lining side effects.

For what it's worth I have a femara boy and expecting DS3 who was a light failed sway with clomid.
    yes exactly and this really makes me more reluctant to even speculate on why Clomid sways pink. In light of femara seeming to sway even MORE pink I feel like the only theory has just been debunked and I freely admit i have no idea why it works. But we don't have to know why, we just have to know that it does.

12. Likes Burakoam liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Burakoam View Post
    I wonder if exercise sways that hard...the last two pregnancies i wasnt active at all really it seems and they were girls..this time i would still say i wasnt more active than normal but i had a highly physical job taking care of patients in a hospital..lots of walking, lots of lifting... we'll see ...id still be curious what make up of clomid sways girl. Is it just a medication thing in general produces a more acidic environment?
    Without more information and study all we can do is guess at why Clomid sways and I don't feel like that gains us anything.

exercise has been an extremely successful pink sway tactic for us. Both overexercise and no exercise lead to more girls conceived. Exercise may have helped you out with this baby.

14. Thanks Burakoam thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clomid

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Without more information and study all we can do is guess at why Clomid sways and I don't feel like that gains us anything.

exercise has been an extremely successful pink sway tactic for us. Both overexercise and no exercise lead to more girls conceived. Exercise may have helped you out with this baby.

Hi atomic, just a quick question on clomid so my af started yesterday afternoon just wondering if I count 3 full af days till I start clomid so I'll start clomid on cd4 because that would be 3 days of af plus an afternoon? Do you understand my question? Sorry if that makes no sense.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No you count the day your period starts as CD 1 even if you don't have flow all day.

But Clomid is very forgiving if you do end up starting it CD4 it's not a big deal Still works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast