Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Swaying after 35

I am 37 and on the verge of beginning my final attempt at TTC a baby girl. Atomic brought some information to my attention that I had been unaware of regarding O+12 and its lack of reliability for women over 35. I had planned on using that method for my attempt but am now planning a Shettles attempt. It got me thinking about what other women in this age bracket were experiencing. Please share with me if you would, what did you find useful, frustrating, successful, disappointing? Thanks so much and I am really looking forward to hearing your plans and or experiences!
    Last edited by pinkdreams; August 16th, 2011 at 03:52 AM.
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am only just 34 but I have been around the gender swaying boards for over 10yrs now and to be honest I have tried everything. The only consistent theory I have seen seems to be diet. I can look back and see why I have all girls, with my minimal protein, high sugar, high empty calories and carbs galore. If people have all of one gender and get a fluke opposite there always seems to have been some major lifestyle shift that has happened changing their way of life...eating habits, exercise or job stress levels. Might be wrong...just what I have noticed.
    Our 6-pack of girlies

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks P.O.P. I have never been a healthy eater by any stretch of the imagination, but I do like meat so maybe that is what got me my boy
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey PD, I am swaying boy and am 35. I've been ttc for 13 months now, and had 2 m/c this year also. I'm on my second round of Clomid right now. Anyway, I do agree with PoP, I tend to think diet is the biggest thing, but I am not convinced that this boy diet for so long is helping me to get pg. In fact, I think gaining the extra weight has hindered my fertility somewhat, so I am cutting back now.

This is my opinion about ttc after 35 in general: I think you can sway and give it a shot for a while, but it may be that our fertility is waning a bit anyway, for one reason or another, and at our age, I think it's more important for me to just get pg than mess around with all this swaying anymore, although I am still taking some supps which are more for egg health and healthy and fertility in general.

I think swaying pink is way harder, though, because you are trying to dampen your fertility somewhat, so I think that you could try the whole timing thing for a girl for a while, but then if you get to the point where I am, you just gotta get pg and not worry about it. Maybe rely on some diet, maybe eating less protein and meat or something. I personally don't believe timing has anything to do with it anyway.

Good luck!
    (2002) (2005) from 1st marriage. TTC since Aug 2010- Dx: low sperm count and 1% normal sperm. We are giving up and moving on with a baby-free life.
    UPDATE: surprise bfp in Feb 2013! It's a BOY!

NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'll be 39 in October and I'm swaying for a year now without results

I conceived my DD2 at 34, she was 1st cycle success (no swaying of course). I'm not sure if few ages can have such an impact on fertility but if it is the case, I'd say go for it ASAP! Also try some fertility boosters like CoQ-10 and Royal Jelly/Bee Pollen (although this one is supposed to sway blue)

I am also taking 50 mg DHEA to make sure I'm Oing.

Before swaying, I was perfect example of girlie lifestyle: no breakfast, no excercise, always felt exhausted, loads and loads of Coke and low fat dairy....
    m/c 2001
    2012 failed sway
    2014 my surprise baby

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    pinkdreams- I think try to do the diet the best you can because timing not always works. ( I also did Shettles for DC3)

Lola- I reeeeely hope you get that BFP this time!!!
    Im also 37 but I don't just want to get pregnant I want to get pregnant with a boy so I can't stop the damn diet!

Zivic- I didn't even know you are trying for a year now! I know how is that to try for long sorry you have to get a bfp with Lola!
    Im also taking the 50 mg dhea
    +1

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am 36 and this month will be my third attempt.....I do think timing is the least important factor of swaying....I am doing the diet and will be dtd right thru O...Good luck!
    Me-Gina
    age 37
    DH- 38
    DD: Nov 14

Ectopic Angel Sept 25,2011

After a hard 2011, I am looking forward to a great 2012

Thanks to gender dreaming for all the support! Our little miracle Makalee joined our family Nov 14, our family is complete and all my dreams came true

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am so grateful that you shared your stories with me! I am really cracking down on the diet, because it does make a lot of sense to me. I think we will just BD everyday from AF to 3 days before O and see what happens. If that doesn't work I plan on just going a day closer to O every month until we get that BFP!I hope we all get our babies soon!!!
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Flava View Post
    pinkdreams- I think try to do the diet the best you can because timing not always works. ( I also did Shettles for DC3)
    If you don't mind my asking, did you get the gender you desired with that attempt?
    3/3/06 5/1/09

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkdreams View Post
    If you don't mind my asking, did you get the gender you desired with that attempt?
    No it did not worked. Then I did IG with MSU and that also didn't worked.So maybe Im crazy to try again
    +1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast