Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lifting weights and consuming protein while doing girl sway?

Is it okay to lift weights and consume protein while doing a Ttc girl sway. I can do the hour cardio but I love my weight too. I don't lift super heavy.... Do I need to give this up. And I'm lost with what protein is okay to consume on the girl diet. Like beans or fish.... I tried the girl diet for a day and felt like I was about to pass out!!! Ugh... A little worried. But I long for my princess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No weight lifting, it sways blue. Only cardio for an extended period daily.

Re protein, it depends a bit on how many cals you consume daily, but you definitely don't want to go over 60g daily. Around 40-50g is best for most in tye 1400-1600 cal bracket. Ideally you want to be completely vegetarian (chicken or white fish/shellfish once a month is a good cheat though), so get protein from dairy (reduced or fat free is best), legumes like beans, plus there is a fair bit of protein in wheat products, especially pasta. Eggs and nuts in moderation/not daily (although egg whites alone daily are ok, just not whole eggs) are fine too. Just make sure everything fits in your limits.

I personally think keeping fats low and focusing on eating mostly pink friendly fats is more important than keeping protein low, though both are important. But if you're going to go over your limits on one, better on protein than fat! Especially if you are good about staying vegetarian and reducing saturated fats greatly.
    Last edited by maidentomother; June 15th, 2015 at 07:28 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

3. Likes XXforhubby liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You might want to ease into the diet gradually so your body can adjust more easily. First stop snacking, go vegetarian, push back breakfast and try to loosely reduce fat & protein. After a week or two of that, buckle down and start counting and sticking to limits. Your body, in particular your insulin response, WILL adjust but some are more sensitive and require time. Remember that even if you aren't 'perfect' about sticking to the diet, every little bit you do will sway pink, so something is always better than nothing. You might only need a little nudge to get your girl, you never know.
    Last edited by maidentomother; June 15th, 2015 at 07:30 PM.

My Ovulation Chart
    currently TTC, Cycle #16 since last BFP

TTC #1 - swaying pink on & off since Nov 2013 - hoping for a girl first but excited for either!

Dec 2001 - May 2006 : 5 early abortions of healthy singletons (3 medical @5w, 2 surgical @8w, last 4 pregnancies conceived with late DH, all conceived while TTA/on birth control)
    Mar 2012: miscarried B/G twins @5w (conceived 2 cycles after remověng Paraguard copper IUD while NTNP), one twin was ovarian ectopic

Me: 34, widowed, late O + short LP, normal-good hormone levels excepting undetectable testosterone, seeking a known sperm donor/life partner
    My sway: vegetarian LE for over 28w, skipping breakfast, fibre (ground psyllium husks) with/before/between meals, physically inactive, drama avoidance, ocassional minimal YesBaby lube as needed, alternate cycles on low dose Clomid, double shot lattes (with meals)
    Past sway tactics I've dropped (in order): Vitex, Sudafed, antihistamines, intermittent fasting, one attempt per cycle at positive OPK, one attempt in fertile period

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot @maidentomother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you feel like you're faint on LE Diet, you either are doing something wrong or else you need to ease into it.

Can you write up what you THOUGHT LE Diet was and what you were eating when you felt so bad? Just post it in the same forum as where your questionnaire is. Doesn't need to be hugely detailed, just an overview. I often find that people who aren't feeling well have a misunderstanding of what the diet really is

Re protein - I will post an essay in your Custom forum that will help with this. In the diet as written, I have EVERYTHING included that could possibly sway even the teensiest bit blue for those people who really want to do everything. But most people DON'T want to and don't even need to do anything that strict. I ate beans all the time when I was eating LE and I know tons of people who eat fish and shellfish regularly. IT is the overall limits of the day that matter and not any "magic foods".

Now, about weights - while weight training can sway blue, if you're exercising 60 min. a day 6-7 days a week and eating lower cal, lower protein, you can get away with light weights. In fact, for people who are quite fit to start with, you may actually NEED to include some light weights - I couldn't get my heartrate up without light weights when I do cardio.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ