Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Worried it's Boy#4 Because Late Ovulation

Hi Ladies,

I have been on and off this site for a while now. I have three boys, 7, 6, 2, who I love so much. I really do enjoy being a boy mom, but I have always yearned to have a mother-daughter relationship too. My mom and I were never very close (this has improved over the years thankfully) and I just want to experience the shot at creating a close bond like that.

I found out Monday (23rd) with a very light BFP that I am pregnant. Here is the deal- we planned to start trying next month but this month we did a "trial run" with lime and heating pad. I think we also had a two day cut off attempt in there based on O signs. But here is the thing- it is super confusing. I always always know when I am Oing, I get pains and EWCM for a day and a half then it goes away and then dry until period. I was positive I Oed night of 4th or morning of 5th due to EWCM and pain. Welllll, my period was due last friday, and I was testing with BFNs. I got a faint BFP Monday, and then Tuesday I had a HCG draw with a 54 result, and Thursday's blood draw was 115, leaving a doubling every 36 hours. I was SHOCKED by this because I thought I was having a chemical pregnancy based off how long it took me to get a BFP and how light tests are. So I either Oed when I thought I did and it took the egg forever to implant with those betas or The ONLY other option is my O got delayed over a week (first time ever) with two non-sway BDs in there (bc i was sure i was done Oing a week ago) less than a week before my period was due one of which was a J&D. This is a possibility bc I was sick for three weeks before and during this with a horrible cold virus, very stressed, and also overexercising. I know for sure between the sway on the 5th and the nonsway JD on the 14th that we did not BD as DH was out of town. Both of these conception scenarios feel equally improbable to me and I am in disbelief about this potentially being a viable pregnancy. I am also mourning that most likely I did O super late for the first time ever, and was cheated of my chance to sway.

Since then I have been obsessively trying to figure out my O date based on the betas and darkness of my BFPs, and I am freaking out thinking the BD we had just 4 days before my period was the one that did it, and that broke all the girl swaying rules. I have cried about this as this is definitely our LAST baby and my last shot a girl. I also am worried that something could be wrong with the baby because the egg geared up on the 4th and then didn't O until 10 days later. AKA an old egg.

The only comfort I have is that I read a study (albeit an old one) that said late ovulations typically result in girls and early in boys (all three of my boys were early Os), and that the embryo would have to be pretty tough to survive implanting in a lining that was that old (making me think girl.)

Anyone have any similar experience with this kind of thing? Is there still hope? Thank you.
    2009 2010

Hoping to get with in 2013

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't understand what you mean by one BD was a sway and one wasn't a sway. Swaying is an ongoing process and lifestyle change, not something you can do one day and not the next. What are/were you doing to sway girl?
    DH (43), DW (40)

3. Likes sohappy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First off, congrats on your BFP! You always have a shot at getting a girl. From my own personal experience, I conceived DS1 with a super early O (CD4 or CD5!!), DS2 with late O and late implantation, and DS3 with normal O and early implantation.

You always have a chance at getting a girl. While these things can help, type of diet, type of exercise, and how many attempts you have in your fertile window sway more than anything else. That being said, I have friends who did nothing to sway and got girls with a boy friendly lifestyle and friends that got boys with a girl friendly lifestyle.

FX and GL to you!

DS1, DS2, & DS3
    One last pink sway 2016
    My Ovulation Chart

5. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is my first time on this site. I really wish I would've know about this swaying thing before I got pregnant! But as for being scared to have a baby of the same sex you already have, I'm right there with you. I have always dreamed of having 3 boys. Ever since I planned my life out when I was 10. Lol And so far, I have 2 girls. I am 11 weeks pregnant now and I am so nervous of having another girl.This is my last chance as well! Yes, a healthy happy baby is all that should matter BUT I'm the oldest of 5 girls. Between 2 of my sisters and I we have 5 girls, 1 boy. So you can see why I really want that boy! My husband had a child before we got together, a boy! So I know he has boy sperm in there! This pregnancy has been completely different from my others so i hope that is a good sign. This pregnancy has been super easy, and all i crave is meat, fruit, cheese and veggies. Preferably red meat, fish, oranges and greens. So I hope that is a good sign. Anyway I really hope you are having a girl this time. I'll send some girl vibes your way and you send me some boy vibes ok?

7. Likes sharon liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your sway has been good for a decent length of time, i dont think your extra BD attemps will affect the outcome hun, goodluck x

9. Likes Twobeautifulboys liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oing super late one time in isolation would sway PINK. Late O only possibly sways (and it doesn't sway, it's just associated with more boys conceived for coincidental reasons) with people who have long cycles from PCOS.

You geared up to ovulate and then your body "changed its mind" for some reason, is what it sounds like to me. I doubt you got pregnant from your sway attempt I agree. This does not make something wrong with the baby. First of all that's only a theory that an old egg = unhealthy anyway, and secondly because 10 days is not even outside of the realms of normal. If that egg was ready to go it was reabsorbed and a different egg would have developed. Not an old egg.

I think you still are in with a good chance of pink due to the illness, delayed O, and what sounds to me like one attempt. Good luck and pink dust!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Oing super late one time in isolation would sway PINK. Late O only possibly sways (and it doesn't sway, it's just associated with more boys conceived for coincidental reasons) with people who have long cycles from PCOS.

You geared up to ovulate and then your body "changed its mind" for some reason, is what it sounds like to me. I doubt you got pregnant from your sway attempt I agree. This does not make something wrong with the baby. First of all that's only a theory that an old egg = unhealthy anyway, and secondly because 10 days is not even outside of the realms of normal. If that egg was ready to go it was reabsorbed and a different egg would have developed. Not an old egg.

I think you still are in with a good chance of pink due to the illness, delayed O, and what sounds to me like one attempt. Good luck and pink dust!
    THANK YOU! This really is a huge relief to hear that I am still in the game. This happened a month earlier than we expected, and I thought I was in the clear from O even with the lime and heating pad attempt (but was ok if I got pregnant with an O+12 with lime regardless.) So just to clarify, if I geared up to O on the 4th and didn't for 9 days, it would be a different egg that was ultimately released? Thanks!
    Last edited by daughterofmine; May 30th, 2016 at 10:08 AM.
    2009 2010

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by wcenteno View Post
    This is my first time on this site. I really wish I would've know about this swaying thing before I got pregnant! But as for being scared to have a baby of the same sex you already have, I'm right there with you. I have always dreamed of having 3 boys. Ever since I planned my life out when I was 10. Lol And so far, I have 2 girls. I am 11 weeks pregnant now and I am so nervous of having another girl.This is my last chance as well! Yes, a healthy happy baby is all that should matter BUT I'm the oldest of 5 girls. Between 2 of my sisters and I we have 5 girls, 1 boy. So you can see why I really want that boy! My husband had a child before we got together, a boy! So I know he has boy sperm in there! This pregnancy has been completely different from my others so i hope that is a good sign. This pregnancy has been super easy, and all i crave is meat, fruit, cheese and veggies. Preferably red meat, fish, oranges and greens. So I hope that is a good sign. Anyway I really hope you are having a girl this time. I'll send some girl vibes your way and you send me some boy vibes ok?
    Thank you and ALL my blue dust to you! FX for us both
    2009 2010

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by daughterofmine View Post
    THANK YOU! This really is a huge relief to hear that I am still in the game. This happened a month earlier than we expected, and I thought I was in the clear from O even with the lime and heating pad attempt (but was ok if I got pregnant with an O+12 with lime regardless.) So just to clarify, if I geared up to O on the 4th and didn't for 9 days, it would be a different egg that was ultimately released? Thanks!
    I cannot answer that question because "gearing up to O" is really kind of meaningless - you can have symptoms some months that start very far in advance of O, so it's entirely possible that you may have been having O symptoms earlier than you do normally. I have had months where I started having off and on CM and O Pain as early as CD 3 with a CD 14 O - so it's a toss up if you really geared up to O and then didn't until a few days later (this does happen and the egg just is in "stasis"), or if you had a spate of symptoms that then went away before O occured or if your first egg was absorbed and a second egg was released. I just can't know that from here sorry.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for your reply. That makes sense. The theory about "old egg" being unhealthy has to do with its viability early on, not life-lasting problems right?
    2009 2010

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast