Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I answered this in the other thread you asked it, I'll copy and paste my answer below:

Hi and welcome! Glad you found us!!

Please don't abstain for a month. It will not work either from a practical angle (even if your husband sticks to it, which most won't, he will end up having a wet dream in the middle of it all anyway) or from a swaying angle (because abstain has really gotten extremely disappointing results, being significantly lower than the overall results of the site, and also really cutting odds of conception - and a month long abstain would be even worse for conception!!)

And after all that, it would possibly still sway blue because it is more than one attempt. For reasons we don't understand, 2 attempts was more blue-friendly than 1 attempt. Timing doesn't work, abstain doesn't work, but one attempt DOES work and so it's best to try to boost odds of conception with one attempt by dropping things that don't work (like abstain).

Also just to clarify, for many people, DTD the day of positive OPK IS going to be 1 day before O anyway.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic, I just saw a successful girl sway where they had 10 attempts through ovulation. Granted she was doing other sway things, but are you finding there's a threshold where too much BD in fertile window is going pink? We technically had 6 attempts for this pregnancy. Aways laid flat or propped hips after, O'd before and after DH, etc.:
    O-4 : am
    0-3: am
    0-1: 2x am
    0: 1 am, 1 pm

(these were possibly O-3, O-2, O and O+1 as my conception date HAS to be April 12 based on early scans and that was when FF estimated ovulation as well based on pos OPK going negative)

Now I'm worried we went pink with that?? We were doing other blue sway things of course, but now I really feel it has to be pink (DD I'm pretty sure was conceived after a 2/3 day cut off from 2 different PM attempts). We know DH actually has better quality sperm when he releases more frequently/close together (after 3 semen analyses), but now I'm scared we just screwed ourselves (literally lol)
    Last edited by Throwaway_panther; May 27th, 2018 at 12:11 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes there's a reason why I don't want blue swayers to BD through O either. No one BD through O. Not for pink, not for blue, and I have a thread about why here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...nk-lately.html

What happens is this: people who start BD daily before the fertile window opens (and i"m talking LONG before, on O-4) end up with their husbands basically shooting dust before the fertile window even opens. So there are very few sperm in the ejaculate and fewer sperm = more pink and thus it is not safe for blue swayers to BD daily from AF-O. It's also a bad idea because so many of the blue swayer's hubbies have trouble performing and I see it happen time and again where people try this and end up having one attempt on O-3 and nothing else and then end up with a girl.

It's ALSO not safe for pink swayers, though, because what can and 99% of the time DOES happen is that a)their husbands can just shake off all the BD and not get depleted OR b) something happens and they start skipping days and end up with EOD OR c) they don't get pregnant and then drop other sway tactics to boost odds of conception (usually dropping the unpleasant things like diet and exercise before changing up their number of attempts). We also don't know when they stopped BD in relation to ovulation so if they ended up stopping earlier than they think, they could end up wit one O-3 attempt (earlier attempts would not be viable) and then this ends up actually being one attempt and NOT the frequent BD thru O like they think that they did.

What you did is neither of those things. You BD in what I would declare to be a perfect pattern for blue. no matter what you were in with 3 or 4 solid well timed attempts if not even more than that and I think you did an ideal attempt in regards to frequency and number of attempts.

4. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! I'm not feeling too confident, but it's reassuring to hear that we at least did good blue attempts.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    huge congrats Rendu!!
    I got my boy atomic. Thks so much. I didnt knw it will work but it just did. Im lost for words. I love you so much atomic.
    2 beautiful TTC with GD help and by God's grace

8. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes mummylove liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AAAAAAAAAAAAA OMGosh I am soooo happy for you! Hugest congrats!!!

10. Thanks BabyRendu thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am trying to sway blue and I usually ovulate on CD 13. Do I BD alternate days starting from CD 9 so it will 9, 11 and 13? Or should I just BD everyday when I get positive opk ? Normally I will get a positive on CD 12 and sometimes may ovulate on the same day. Please advise

Background
    I have a 4 year old daughter and had a miscarriage last year. Been trying again ever since but no bfp so far. Tried to bd as close as possible to ovulation day but no luck

Currently taking :-
    Vit C
    Fish oil
    Ubiquinol 100mg
    Prenatal (just started)
    Vit D
    Vit B
    Shatavari
    Calcium (night)
    EPO

Husband is taking Ubiquinol, fish oil, vit c and zinc

I run every alternate day and do some yoga at night just to keep my sanity. And hb occasionally works out as well. We don't really drink alcohol or take coffee.
    Last edited by Joyjoy88; August 11th, 2018 at 10:36 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey joy! Welcome!

IF u think hubby can manage it, yes by all means please do BD unprotected CD9, 11, 13, and if at all possible hit it with 2-3 more attempts whenever pos OPK falls. IF there is any doubt in your mind he can't keep up with this, then skip the CD9 attempt. So I'd have u go CD 9, 11, morning of 12, evening of 12, 13, 15, 17, etc if he can do this. If he can't do this, I'd have him clean the pipes CD 8 and then go CD 11, morning of 12, evening of 12, 13, 15, 17 (or whatever he can keep up with.) I am hoping you will ovulate as normal this month; if not, please treat "CD 11" as whenever that pos OPK falls and do day of pos OPK, again the next morning and following night, one more time the following night, then every other day for a couple times if at all possible.

BD on O Day causes tons of BFN for blue swayers. I'ts just way lower chances of conception especially if doing one attempt. (no one should ever do ust one attempt for blue, regardless of what they tell you on other sites - we got 70-75% GIRLS with one attempt)

How much Vit C
    HOw much fish oil
    Ubiquinol carry on
    Prenatal carry on but if you want me to check to be sure it's a good one for blue please let me know what kind it is, as not all prenatals are created equal
    HOw much Vit D?
    There is likely more than enough Vit. B in your prenatal. Taking too much B vitamins can delay or stop ovulation so we have to be sure you're not taking more than needed
    I would wean off Shatavari. I have observed that many of the herbs will prevent conception and I have not seen enough people taking this and getting boys to sign off on it for anyone.
    Calcium I got 2 of my boys taking calcium supps

EPO we need you to drop that right away. We found overwhelmingly more girl opposites among those taking EPO and have eliminated it from our suggestions as of this past year and our results have improved at the same time. I would not have you continue with that any longer.

How much fish oil, Vit. C and zinc for hubby?

Everything else looking good, how much and what kind of working out is hubby doing?

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hey joy! Welcome!

IF u think hubby can manage it, yes by all means please do BD unprotected CD9, 11, 13, and if at all possible hit it with 2-3 more attempts whenever pos OPK falls. IF there is any doubt in your mind he can't keep up with this, then skip the CD9 attempt. So I'd have u go CD 9, 11, morning of 12, evening of 12, 13, 15, 17, etc if he can do this. If he can't do this, I'd have him clean the pipes CD 8 and then go CD 11, morning of 12, evening of 12, 13, 15, 17 (or whatever he can keep up with.) I am hoping you will ovulate as normal this month; if not, please treat "CD 11" as whenever that pos OPK falls and do day of pos OPK, again the next morning and following night, one more time the following night, then every other day for a couple times if at all possible.

BD on O Day causes tons of BFN for blue swayers. I'ts just way lower chances of conception especially if doing one attempt. (no one should ever do ust one attempt for blue, regardless of what they tell you on other sites - we got 70-75% GIRLS with one attempt)

How much Vit C
    HOw much fish oil
    Ubiquinol carry on
    Prenatal carry on but if you want me to check to be sure it's a good one for blue please let me know what kind it is, as not all prenatals are created equal
    HOw much Vit D?
    There is likely more than enough Vit. B in your prenatal. Taking too much B vitamins can delay or stop ovulation so we have to be sure you're not taking more than needed
    I would wean off Shatavari. I have observed that many of the herbs will prevent conception and I have not seen enough people taking this and getting boys to sign off on it for anyone.
    Calcium I got 2 of my boys taking calcium supps

EPO we need you to drop that right away. We found overwhelmingly more girl opposites among those taking EPO and have eliminated it from our suggestions as of this past year and our results have improved at the same time. I would not have you continue with that any longer.

How much fish oil, Vit. C and zinc for hubby?

Everything else looking good, how much and what kind of working out is hubby doing?
    I am taking the vitamin code raw prenatal(recomended by it starts with an egg book) once a day as I am not sure if taking too much will change the cycle so I am taking it at a lower dosage first.

As for fish oil, it is EPA 600 mg DHA 300 mg. Vit D is 1000iu a day. Vit c is the blackmores slow release 500mg and zinc chelate is 30 mg

I run 2km every other day. If I am lazy then I will just take a 30 mins walk. (I think I am on the light side) but some form of exercise keeps me sane from this whole TTC business
    Hb goes to the gym maybe twice a week depending on workload.

BTW thank you so much for responding ! I really appreciate the detailed info that you have provided. I will also stop shatavari as per your advise.

And what do you think of manuka honey with Chia seeds. I take it daily just for general well being. And is it ok to BD so often from CD 11,12 and 13. Haha that's a lot and I hope my hubby is ready and up for it ! Hopefully I ovulate the same a previous cycles. I would be taking my BBT and clearblue advanced opks just to make sure.
    Last edited by Joyjoy88; August 14th, 2018 at 04:21 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah, yes unfortunately I don't always agree with the "It starts with an egg" recommendations.

Vitamin Code Raw has vitex in it which will sway pink and I cannot recommend any blue swayer taking that

Since you're hopefully going off the EPO let's reduce the fish oil to every other day instead of daily.

Manuka honey + chia seeds is fine provided you drop that EPO! If you continue EPO, discontinue chia seeds. (the honey is great always tho)

That's a fine amount of exercise, be sure you eat before and after (just lightly)

We have found (and science has proven) that timing does not sway. It simply doesn't work. Most of us on here have several timing opposites (I got my boys with "girl timing" and my girl with "boy timing") So that's my best recommendation based on what we have observed to work best. It's totally up to you if you don't want to do that and prefer to stick with timing, it's not a dealbreaker, but I do really urge you to aim at having at least 3 attempts in the fertile window O-1 thru O day instead of relying on just one attempt on O Day for best shot at a boy.

Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast