Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    Thanks for that

I read somewhere that it's best to abstain for 3-4 days before attempt ?
    I've not personally looked into any studies for blue about this, but when TTC when I got my son we were doing everything we could to optimise our chances of getting pregnant (not swaying) and I read back then that every 36hrs was optimum if you had age on your side. That ensures that the most sperm will make it in there. Maybe there is a study somewhere that says that every 3-4 days is best, but I haven't read it and logically I can't see why this would be.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am almost 29 and DH is 30

I think I read it on here somewhere.
    If I find the thread I will bump it up so you can have a read. Thanks for the reply. I think it will be so much easier to just DTD every second day without having to worry about when I O and then trying to make sure we abstain before attempt and then worrying incase I O earlier or later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you! I'll have a read when I can (probably tonight)
    at least if you BD every other day you will know that you have a constant supply of fresh sperm in there and that you won't miss the best day(s) around OV

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    From this thread - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...s-Part-1/page3
    having intercourse often the day of ovulation should help facilitate the Y-bearing sperm to make their way to the egg first.
    Should we DTD 2times on O day or O-1 ? or both?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd aim for O-4, O-2 and again on O day if I was swaying blue... but O-3 and O-1 wouldn't be bad either if you didn't know when to expect OV

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    And NO DTD before O-5 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    there's no harm in it! if anything it'd keep raising both of your testosterone levels.
    I guess it depends when you OV after AF. It's probably best to DTD every 2 days if possible once AF has gone and then you know the supplies are fresh and not getting any weaker/older ones building up.

I'll have to investigate to find a study why some suggest up to 4 days is good... to me it sounds like one of those swaying-folklore things

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AF finished 5 days ago. We DTD last night CD9. I am due to O on CD19 if my cycle stays the same as the last 2 cycles.

What about this thread - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/show...thod-of-timing
    Feel free to have sex with female O as much as possible during the early part of your cycle (days where your CM is dry). Then as soon as you see ANY CM whatsoever, even if it is sticky or creamy, DO NOT have intercourse on those days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    right, just done a quick Google, and found a few websites like this one: http://www.drmalpani.com/book/chapter1a.html written for TTCers who say that:
    Frequency of intercourse. While there is no "normal" frequency for sex, the "optimal" frequency of intercourse if you are trying to get pregnant is about 3 times a week in the fertile period. Simply stated, the more sex the better! Couples who have intercourse less frequently, have a diminished chance of conceiving.

Also found this study, which seems to suggest that TOTAL numbers of count (and semen quantity/sperm count) are increased with each additional day of abstinence: http://www.reproduction-online.org/c....full.pdf+html - it's worth looking at the diagram in the "Restults" section. So according to that one it might be best to DTD less frequently even for blue.
    You'd have to figure out the total no. of sperm based on number of attempts within the fertile window to know how many attempts to have...

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by love being a mummy View Post
    I am almost 29 and DH is 30

I think I read it on here somewhere.
    If I find the thread I will bump it up so you can have a read. Thanks for the reply. I think it will be so much easier to just DTD every second day without having to worry about when I O and then trying to make sure we abstain before attempt and then worrying incase I O earlier or later.
    Every 2-4 days keeps sperm count highest. You don't have to stress about it any more than that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast