Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hobber, I do not feel that timing sways AT ALL and I have 3 of 4 boys who were conceived 2-4 DBO or maybe even more for DS 1. I had just gotten off AF with DS 1 and thought I was safe, with DS 2 DH changed his mind about TTC and pulled the plug in what we thought would be enough time, and with DS 3 DH wasn't even HOME when I ovulated.

The only reason why I include timing in some of the advice I give is because I know people do believe in it and esp. for blue swayers, it's easy to include without cutting down odds of pg by much.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I feel better hearing that. Anyway, FF just decided that CD14 was my O day after all, which is what I thought as well, so hopefully it is right.
    2004 2006 2010 2012

My BOY sway worked!! THANK YOU GENDER DREAMING!!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    if there was a timing that was conclusively (or even slightly) girl timing the studies would almost all have found it and would agree on it.
    That timing is fine for swaying pink and gives you a good chance of pregnancy!
    Thanks Rainbow... I am actually swaying boy though... FF just confirmed that I O'ed on CD14, when we DTD, so I think we are okay. I hope it works out in my favor!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by zanacal View Post
    Hobbers, there are plenty of boys conceived with a cut-off - even sway opposites where the mums were doing loads of other things! GL x
    Thanks for the reassurance Zanacal! I think I actually did O on CD14 like I though--that's what FF says now, anyway. I'm going with it!
    2004 2006 2010 2012

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Atomic! I appreciate the advice!
    Sonja
    Proud Mama to 3 and praying and hoping for a

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    JJ, I would personally go with the compressed FR instead. It is up to you of course and I'm sure there are plenty of people on IG who had their husbands abstain over 35. I just don't think it's safe enough for my liking.

I am not an expert on CBFM so maybe start another thread and ask so people who know, can chime in.

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by jjc3434 View Post
    I was thinking about maybe doing abstaining and DTD when I get a +OPK or the first peak day on my clear blue monitor (How long does it take to ovulate after getting your first peak on the cbfm?)
    Hi JJ. I'm in my second cycle trying, but I did four test cycles with the CBFM first (along with temping). On three of those four months, I ovulated the day AFTER my first peak sign ... on one month, it was the day OF the first peak sign. Now, of course, with last month being my first true cycle trying, my temps said I O'd on CD11 and the monitor said I O'd on CD12 -- weird, right? So I would recommend considering that first peak symbol as "go time!" because you could ovulate within a matter of hours (or perhaps as long as 36-48 hours later).
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much dramabird! Are you making that your first attempt or are you DTD before a peak?
    Last month, we did a single attempt upon the first peak symbol. BFN that cycle. (boo! ) So I'm switching up the strategy this time around to increase number of attempts. I don't weigh a lot -- I'm around 98 lbs. right now and don't want to lose too much weight and stop ovulating, so I'd like to get pg soon. Also, we're doing a fair number of fertility-suppressing things, including RepHresh, Sylk, Zyrtec and Benadryl, plus licorice root for him, and probably other things I'm forgetting. So I'm hoping multiple attempts will increase odds of pg without hurting the "pinkness" of my sway.

Anyhoo, the aforementioned strategy ... I'm on CD13 and have gotten "high" readings on the monitor for the past five or six days; based on past cycles, I'm thinking I will probably (hopefully) O tomorrow or Saturday. Also, this evening will mark DH abstaining for 10 days. So we're going to start DTD tonight. Ideally, our pattern will be: DTD tonight around 6 p.m., have him release and discard around 8ish p.m. and DTD one more time before bed. Then have him release and discard tomorrow morning and then we DTD late morning ... have him release/discard late afternoon and then we DTD at bedtime ... and for each day after that, have him release/discard in the morning or afternoon and then we DTD at bedtime, until O is confirmed. That way we will have the advantage of using the post-abstain sperm and then hopefully keep the overall sperm count low with frequent release/discard but also up the odds of pg with multiple attempts.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi jjc - I would have DH release 3 times on day 14 then once or twice again on day 15 before DTD. I know Atomic prefers at least a couple of days for compressed frequent release and I think you're lowering your chances of pregnancy considerably by only having one attempt with a 2 day cut-off. Timing doesn't matter so you may as well make sure there are some sperm waiting for the egg when you O the next day! Your call though
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS- I was thinking about having DH FR and BD on night 14 one time. I got a peak on my cbfm on day 15 this month. I think I ovulated on the 16. Should I have DH release one time in the morning and then one time right before our attempt and use his next release 10-15 minutes later? I was also thinking about BD once late on day 16 if I see CM drying up. DH would still be releasing.
    Just to clarify, you are talking compressed FR, not FR, yes? If he's doing straight FR you don't have to do the release/dump, but if compressed FR, then yes, you should have him dump batches.

I agree with Zana and would like to see him have a day of release and dump without attempt but you gotta do the doable of course.

That seems like a good plan altho of course I would rather see you BD at a pos OPK rather than with cutoff/O+12.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast