Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingdiva88 View Post
    Thanks atomic! Great info! What about sugar - lollies, chocolate etc does that sway pink or blue?
    Oh sorry this one apparently sneaked past me! give me a bump if you don't hear from me on a thread within a week.

Foods in and of themselves don't sway.

Sugar now and then is ok for most people, anyone with moderate to severe PCO needs to watch it very closely or avoid totally.

Swaying blue, it's not the wisest way to spend calories as most sweets are high cal, low nutrient but if you're dying for some thing sweet now and then, it's ok to have. Do try to pick out the most nutrient dense option - like dark chocolate, or sugared almonds, that kind of thing
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TtcBlue18 View Post
    It sounds like alcohol consumption sways more when consumed by dw than by dh, or is this incorrect? Just wondering about this because neither dh or myself were big drinkers when we got our girls, and I still don't drink often (quit completely for my sway) but dh has been drinking a lot lately (the last 3 nights) and I know he will be drinking every night on our 4 day trip that's coming up. He doesn't seem to care that our first attempt is in just over a week.

I guess what I'm wondering is if his binge drinking is more likely to result in a girl or no pregnancy at all? Or is it really something that's more important for me to avoid than for him to avoid?

Also, I read that sperm are not released until approximately 73 days after "forming", does this mean his drinking now will not affect the sperm right away, but rather the sperm that will be released approximately 73 days from now?
    We don't know if it's more important for one of you vs. the other.

Please don't worry about anything that happened for 3 days or 4 days, just do what you can. If you were totally sitting on the fence and this happened then I might skip a month, but if you feel good about it otherwise, I'd probably just proceed.

That's not how sperm form. They don't form one day 72 days ago and then hang out in little compartments for 2 months waiting their turn. The process starts and then it takes that long for the sperm to reach maturity. Anything that happens during that time can harm the sperm forming at any stage of development and they are sort of all mixed in together, there's definitely stratification by age but it's not day by day by day completely separate from each other. But understand that it's virtually impossible for ANY man to avoid all sperm harming things for that long! Just doesn't happen! All guys will have a drink over a weekend or take a hot bath or have a fever or the weather is hot or any number of things. So this is something not to overthink.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So just to clarify, for my own piece of mind, I should try not to worry too much about my hubby binge drinking 4-5 days in a row leading up to our attempt? There are little things here and there that make me uneasy about the sway (all are to do with dh so I realize theres not much I can do) but looking at the over all picture, I feel great about what I've been doing, and he has made a few changes in the right direction as well. It just really upset me that he suddenly starts drinking more when were approaching the time.. I was already worried about his smoking
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 5th, 2017 at 06:17 PM.
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    TTCblue , since you will be TTC in June you should join the June 2WW thread (Jaw Dropping June) lots of boy mums on there who are very kind and helpful (I find the blue swayer thread is less active unfortunately)
    Lucky Mummy to 4 sweet divas
    (2013) (2015) (2018) (2021)
    (July 2014) (November 2023)
    Our sway didn’t work for #3 & we had a little oops for #4 but we love them all to bits... not sure if we ever will but somehow hoping we might add blue to the crew, to complete our family, one day...

Fingers crossed for TTC #5 (again) for early 2024!

5. Likes atomic sagebrush, TtcBlue18 liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This is so interesting to me! I have always been a big coffee drinker (2-3 BIG cups a day) as well as DH (more like 3+ cups a day). We also always have a glass of red wine while we prep dinner together, and he is a big vodka/soda drinker and has at least 1-2 glasses every night.

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes TtcBlue18, kittendreams liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^ and they have two girls

9. Likes TtcBlue18, kittendreams liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by TtcBlue18 View Post
    So just to clarify, for my own piece of mind, I should try not to worry too much about my hubby binge drinking 4-5 days in a row leading up to our attempt? There are little things here and there that make me uneasy about the sway (all are to do with dh so I realize theres not much I can do) but looking at the over all picture, I feel great about what I've been doing, and he has made a few changes in the right direction as well. It just really upset me that he suddenly starts drinking more when were approaching the time.. I was already worried about his smoking
    Here is the thing. My crystal ball is in the shop this week (that darn thing!) and I can't say with any level of confidence if this is something to worry about or not. I know that many of our husbands have drunk a bit here and there and still gotten boys, and I doubt that it is a big deal at all, but the smoking is another thing on top of that. If you'll live 1000 lifetimes of regret if you TTC this month and get a girl, you may want to wait. If you can TTC and get a girl and not be kicking yourself from here till eternity then personally, I'd TTC sitting where you are (feeling good about my sway otherwise, and only the drinking) but I'm not you!

11. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    ^^^ and they have two girls
    Probably should have clarified that, sorry!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I wait out a month, won't his drinking still have the same effect (since the sperm take 70-some days to mature)? Would I have to wait out 2-3 months?

That's the thing, I'm more concerned about the smoking, but that one won't change. The drinking adds something on top of the smoking..

I guess my mental debate is because I don't know what the future holds. If I skip a month and he starts drinking even more..

Is it known whether or not there is a difference depending on how close to O he's drinking? For example, I feel like him binge drinking 4 days leading up to O is worse than if hes binge drinking 8 days during/around af. Or is drinking just drinking and it's all the same level of "girl sway"?

Sorry to ask so many questions. And thank you.
    Last edited by TtcBlue18; June 6th, 2017 at 12:29 PM.
    Happily Married Since 2012
    2013 & 2015 & 2018

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b79c2

My Successful Blue Sway!
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...y-attempt.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All sperm are not created equal LOL and it is probable (if not certain) that at some stages they are more prone to be harmed than others. Since we don't know when that is I think we have to at least assume that proximity to release with things that harm them may "count" more than 4 days in the middle with lots of good days before and lots of good days after. "harming" does not mean "all sperm dead" or anything like that. Men father children (boys too) doing things that are SOOOO much worse than 3-4 days of drinking.

Let's say the drinking harms the sperm that are about to be released and also ones barely formed. The ones barely formed have time for more subsequent, good batches to be made (since he's always making sperm) so yeah even though they may be harmed, there would be lots of other ones coming down the pike, and remember they aren't in little separate compartments day by day, they're just in various stages of development. Plus, they can have time to repair any damage.
    Whereas with the ones that are about to be released, that's it, those are the ones that are done and made and gonna be released without any new backups coming along to help at least for a few days or so (hoping this makes sense)

You DON'T have to hold off forever because of ONE thing. It's always something. Like I said all of us who have boys, there was always something that happened in the 72 day window that potentially harmed sperm!

Yes there's always the possibiity that you hold off in one month and then proceed in a month that's even worse. I normally don't have people wait for anything short of act of God, but I do like you guys to ask yourself how you'll feel if you do get pregnant this month and it's an opposite - if you'll be really upset and filled with regret then better to wait, but you're totally right that you never know that future months won't even be worse. :/

15. Thanks TtcBlue18 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast